Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Nov '12 16:59
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240075/Now-sick-babies-death-pathway-Doctors-haunting-testimony-reveals-children-end-life-plan.html#ixzz2DcUKj73D
  2. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    29 Nov '12 17:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240075/Now-sick-babies-death-pathway-Doctors-haunting-testimony-reveals-children-end-life-plan.html#ixzz2DcUKj73D
    Wow.
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    29 Nov '12 17:44
    I can't make a political issue out of this. As a parent of 4 young children, having a sick or dying baby was my worst nightmare every time we gave birth. I couldn't even accept congratulations with a smile for the first few days because I was constantly petrified that something would go wrong. If the baby was too cold or too hot or not eating well or didn't have good color, I'd be breathless with worry until they told us everything was okay.

    Having a dying baby is a nightmare practically beyond my ability to fathom. If the parents consent to a quick death rather than a long and painful suffering process, I can't judge them.
  4. 29 Nov '12 17:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240075/Now-sick-babies-death-pathway-Doctors-haunting-testimony-reveals-children-end-life-plan.html#ixzz2DcUKj73D
    the dailymail is bit of a joke in the u.k. so i would take what it reports with a pinch of salt. its well known to play fast and loose with the facts if it will provide them with a story.

    british papers to avoid.

    the mail
    the sun
    the star
    the mirror
  5. 29 Nov '12 18:05
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the dailymail is bit of a joke in the u.k. so i would take what it reports with a pinch of salt. its well known to play fast and loose with the facts if it will provide them with a story.

    british papers to avoid.

    the mail
    the sun
    the star
    the mirror
    I honestly hope this story was a joke. An incredibly tasteless one, but the horror is too much otherwise.
  6. 30 Nov '12 03:12
    Originally posted by sh76
    I can't make a political issue out of this. As a parent of 4 young children, having a sick or dying baby was my worst nightmare every time we gave birth. I couldn't even accept congratulations with a smile for the first few days because I was constantly petrified that something would go wrong. If the baby was too cold or too hot or not eating well or didn't hav ...[text shortened]... sent to a quick death rather than a long and painful suffering process, I can't judge them.
    That plans includes simply letting the child starve to death.

    The reason for end of life death plans is to save money, nothing else.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    30 Nov '12 03:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That plans includes simply letting the child starve to death.

    The reason for end of life death plans is to save money, nothing else.
    I don't know how anyone could possibly do that to a newborn. This is too horrible to contemplate.
  8. 30 Nov '12 03:45
    Terrible things happen when you try to implement one's ideology, an ideology of looking at people as a group and not individuals. The needs of the many require the sacrifice of the defenseless.
  9. Subscriber my2sons
    Retired
    30 Nov '12 04:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Terrible things happen when you try to implement one's ideology, an ideology of looking at people as a group and not individuals. The needs of the many require the sacrifice of the defenseless.
    You just described Obama's death panels.
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    30 Nov '12 06:15 / 2 edits
    Leaving politics out of it - shame, you who raised Obama's name in this English-inspired thread - to have a baby which cannot live is a nightmare beyond belief for all involved. If that baby was an animal it would be allowed to have a gentle overdose of anaesthetic, and would not have to suffer. But all the fanatics come out of the woodwork and start chanting their fanaticism-inspired or religion-inspired obsessive mantras, thereby ensuring that the baby has to suffer far more. This is what I feel is so sick and wrong about the whole debate on euthanasia. Everyone's forgotten the victims.
  11. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    30 Nov '12 06:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Leaving politics out of it - shame, you who raised Obama's name in this English-inspired thread - to have a baby which cannot live is a nightmare beyond belief for all involved. If that baby was an animal it would be allowed to have a gentle overdose of anaesthetic, and would not have to suffer. But all the fanatics come out of the woodwork and start chanti ...[text shortened]... is so sick and wrong about the whole debate on euthanasia. Everyone's forgotten the victims.
    Well this is just ghoulish. I couldn't do this to a dog, much less a human. Crushing it underfoot would be more humane.
  12. 30 Nov '12 08:29
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Well this is just ghoulish. I couldn't do this to a dog, much less a human. Crushing it underfoot would be more humane.
    The you should be banned from owning a dog.
  13. 30 Nov '12 08:40
    This pathway is the direct result of the inability of Health practitioners to engage in active humane euthanasia, so as not to upset the sensibilities of some Religious fascist doctrine that is adamant it must control how people live and die.

    It is time to wipe the dirty smear of Religion off the political and social map.
  14. 30 Nov '12 10:20
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I don't know how anyone could possibly do that to a newborn. This is too horrible to contemplate.
    dont buy into the story fella. it seems that the dailmail is the only news outlet in the u.k. to report this. the paper is our equivalent of the national enquirer. if it was real then it would be all over our news.
  15. 30 Nov '12 13:16
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That plans includes simply letting the child starve to death.

    The reason for end of life death plans is to save money, nothing else.
    Wow, you took all this out of a Daily Mail story? Tell us more about this UK government's programme to slaughter babies to save money yet apparently does not seem to bother the British people.