1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet there was you with your sullen defensive silence about Carter's pro-fascist foreign policy a few weeks ago. Were you "getting paid" for that or do you feel as if you are in some way "a court appointment" when such a topic, relating to your own country, comes up on an international web site like this?
    First of all, the whole Carter issue was months ago, not a few weeks ago (I say that only to marvel at your seeming inability to let it go).

Second, as I admitted then and will admit again now, I am not an expert on Carter's pro-facist foreign policy, as you put it. I freely admit that you know much more about it than I do. I was a baby when Carter was President. I concede that my side remark about Carter may have mis-characterized his policies. See that. I hereby concede!

My entire reference to Carter was a side comment about Nobel prizes, which was more aimed at Gore than at Carter. I never meant it to be a defense of Carter or a characterization about his foreign policies in the first place.

I sincerely hope we can put the Cater foreign policy issue to bed now, if it's okay with you.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    This one (from the article):

During the revolutionary war in America, George Washington and America’s founding fathers paid pirates to protect America’s territorial waters, because they had no navy or coast guard of their own. Most Americans supported them. Is this so different?

Did we expect starving Somalians to stand passively on their beaches, padd ...[text shortened]... great imperial fleets sail in today – but who is the robber?

(emphasis added)
    [/b]
    In that case what was the relevance of your examples to the text you just cited?

First they are repressed, then they are looted and polluted. Then they decide to strike back and all of the sudden we just condemn their actions and don't try to understand were they are coming from.

Your double standards really are glaring you know that? Don't you have any interest in intellectual coherence? And your facetious comparisons only serve to cast you in bad light you know that?

"Don't put my client in jail. His mommy didn't give him a lolly when he was 4."
    How is this comparable to making poor, starving people to starve even more (with the added bonus of some toxic waste being dumped on them)?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:131 edit
    First of all, the whole Carter issue was months ago, not a few weeks ago (I say that only to marvel at your seeming inability to let it go).

Second, as I admitted then and will admit again now, I am not an expert on Carter's pro-facist foreign policy, as you put it. I freely admit that you know much more about it than I do. I was a baby when Carter was Presi ...[text shortened]...
    I sincerely hope we can put the Cater foreign policy issue to bed now, if it's okay with you.
    My self-deprecating joke was more about defence atourneys - whether they be paid or pro bono - rather than Carter. Either way, you didn't get it. Oh well.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:15
    Second, as I admitted then and will admit again now, I am not an expert on Carter's pro-facist foreign policy, as you put it. I freely admit that you know much more about it than I do. I was a baby when Carter was President. I concede that my side remark about Carter may have mis-characterized his policies. See that. I hereby concede!
    I wasn't even born when Carter was president and I know a lot about his pro fascist policies. And I think you should get to know to.
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:191 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do whatever you want to do, hypocrite.
    Better yet take this: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/taxonomy.html

Now just try to realize how many of them you fell victim to and try to avoid that in the future.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:32
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Better yet take this: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/taxonomy.html

Now just try to realize how many of them you fell victim and try to avoid that in the future.
    you're a joke, a phoney.

Its easy for you to say how piracy is alright, from the safety of your home.

I wonder if you'd think the same if you weren't protected by laws, and if you didn't have the government to make sure the rule of law is enforced.

but its even worse than that, you'd still be saying "power to the people" even if those pirates had stolen your property, which makes me wonder, are you stupid or are you just pretending to be in order to get attention?
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:37
    you're a joke, a phoney.

I wonder if you'd think the same if you weren't protected by laws, and if you didn't have the government to make sure the rule of law is enforced.

but its even worse than that, you'd still be saying "power to the people" even if those pirates ...[text shortened]... kes me wonder, are you stupid or are you just pretending to be in order to get attention?
    Wrong!

Stop being so naive.

but its even worse than that, you'd still be saying "power to the people" even if those pirates had stolen your property, which makes me wonder, are you stupid or are you just pretending to be in order to get attention?
    I already told you that I answer stupid questions with even stupider answers.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 16:58
    Wrong!

Stop being so naive.

but its even worse than that, you'd still be saying "power to the people" even ...[text shortened]... ention?
    Wrong!

what kind of answer is that? what are you 5?

Stop being so naive

how am I being naive?
    explain yourself.

in order words, you're just trying to get attention.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:04
    [b]Wrong!

Stop being so naive

how am I being naive?
    explain yourself.

in order words, you're just trying to get attention.[/b]
    Just try to figure out to fallacies you just used.

how am I being naive? explain yourself.
    This is you being naive: "the government to make sure the rule of law is enforced. "

No, I'm just showing you what I think about your question: since it is a ridiculous question it deserves a ridiculous answer.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:17
    [b]what kind of answer is that? what are you 5?

how am I being naive? explain yourself.
    This is you being naive: "the government to make sure the rule of law is enforced. "

No, I'm just showing you what I think about your question: since it is a ridiculous question it deserves a ridiculous answer.[/b]

you're just avoiding the point raised.

I was talking about the police.

explain how that is "naive".

No, I'm just showing you what I think about your question: since it is a ridiculous question it deserves a ridiculous answer.

you're just avoiding the question, again.
  11. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:22
    With my fist raised in the air, with my fist raised in the air!
    Would that be before or after Rigor Mortus sets in ?

GRANNY.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:24
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Would that be before or after Rigor Mortus sets in ?

GRANNY.
    During.

(rigor mortis)
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:281 edit
    [b]Just try to figure out to fallacies you just used.

I was talking about the police.

explain how that is "naive".

No, I'm just showing you what I think about your question: since it is a ridiculous q ...[text shortened]... stion it deserves a ridiculous answer.

you're just avoiding the question, again.[/b]
    The truth of the matter is that I don't take you seriously enough to answer your idiotic questions in a serious way.

Here you raised no point. You just committed two fallacies.

I was talking about the police. explain how that is "naive".
    I knw what you were talking about, and that's why I said you were being naive.

you're just avoiding the question, again.
    If by question you mean logical fallacy, then yes I'm avoiding the question.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:38
    The truth of the matter is that I don't take you seriously enough to answer your idiotic questions in a serious way.

[b]Just try to figure out to fallacies you just used.

I was talking about the police. explain how that is "naive". ...[text shortened]... [/b]
    If by question you mean logical fallacy, then yes I'm avoiding the question.[/b]
    no. the truth is that you're a hypocrite who has a romantic idea of pirates and anarchy, but in reality knows nothing about it.

go back a few posts and you'll see my point.
    what fallacies are you talking about, explain yourself.

I knw what you were talking about, and that's why I said you were being naive.

saying the same thing ad nauseum doesn't explain anything.
    if you can't explain how I was being "naive" don't bother making such accusation.

If by question you mean logical fallacy, then yes I'm avoiding the question.

what logical fallacy are you talking about?
  15. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 17:44
    no. the truth is that you're a hypocrite who has a romantic idea of pirates and anarchy, but in reality knows nothing about it.

[b]Here you raised no point. You just committed two fallacies.

go back a few posts and you'll see my point.
    what fallacies are you talking about, explain yourself.

I knw what you were talking about, and that's ...[text shortened]... es I'm avoiding the question.

what logical fallacy are you talking about?[/b]
    I'll (partially) indulge you this last time:

go back a few posts and you'll see my point.what fallacies are you talking about, explain yourself.
    You had no point. You just two had two faulty assertions.

saying the same thing ad nauseum doesn't explain anything.
    if you can't explain how I was being "naive" don't bother making such accusation.

I know that repeating isn't explaining bur I won't do much than that.

what logical fallacy are you talking about?
    Check the link I gave you. It will serve you better if you can find it for yourself. That way you will gradually learn how not to support your arguments with faulty logic.

This here deserves no response whatsoever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree