1. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 13:30
    Worth a thread. Pelosi will let it pass because she wants to continue the payment of over a trillion for unemployment so that people don't want to go back to work! Is this not amazing? She wants people to be unemployed through the election. Your leader. Who will OWN Biden. It may sound all good, it will all work out when Nancy and Biden take over, but, remember that this trillion is derived from printing money. Google what happens when that is done. I know, I know, anything to get rid of Trump.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 13:39
    @thelistener said
    Worth a thread. Pelosi will let it pass because she wants to continue the payment of over a trillion for unemployment so that people don't want to go back to work! Is this not amazing? She wants people to be unemployed through the election. Your leader. Who will OWN Biden. It may sound all good, it will all work out when Nancy and Biden take over, but, remember that th ...[text shortened]... rinting money. Google what happens when that is done. I know, I know, anything to get rid of Trump.
    ...and the Senate will pass the Bill because of what?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 13:541 edit
    @ponderable said
    Apparently Nancy Pelosi has used an alien mind control device that she stole from Area 51, ain’t that right Joe.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 13:572 edits
    @thelistener said
    Worth a thread. Pelosi will let it pass because she wants to continue the payment of over a trillion for unemployment so that people don't want to go back to work! Is this not amazing? She wants people to be unemployed through the election. Your leader. Who will OWN Biden. It may sound all good, it will all work out when Nancy and Biden take over, but, remember that th ...[text shortened]... rinting money. Google what happens when that is done. I know, I know, anything to get rid of Trump.
    “ remember that this trillion is derived from printing money”

It’s a technical thing, but all money is derived from printing money, it’s an abstract token realised in paper and metals for exchange purposes.
  5. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 14:14
    @ponderable said
    I am only pointing out the mindset of Democrats, which is embodied by Pelosi. That is, employment be dammed. Sure, Senate might not pass it.
  6. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 14:23
    @kevcvs57 said
    Apparently Nancy Pelosi has used an alien mind control device that she stole from Area 51, ain’t that right Joe.
    It's Joe! You miss me. I agree with TheListener.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 15:34
    @thelistener said
    You do realize that Dems can't pass anything without the Republican-controlled Senate approving it, right?

So are Republicans just morons to approve this?
  8. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 16:05
    @vivify said
    You do realize that Dems can't pass anything without the Republican-controlled Senate approving it, right?

So are Republicans just morons to approve this?
    Why do people use the word ‘right’ after most of their sentences? Never heard that growing up. You sound like Suzianne!

Anyway, yes, you will see above that i said ‘Sure, the Senate might not pass it.’ So, ‘right!’ I know about the Senate.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 16:47
    @thelistener said
    Anyway, yes, you will see above that i said ‘Sure, the Senate might not pass it.’ So, ‘right!’ I know about the Senate.
    Good. Now, do you realize that there are people who *can't* go back to work due to businesses being shut down because of the pandemic?

Should those people not receive the unemployment benefits you complained about in the OP?
  10. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 18:16
    @vivify said
    Good. Now, do you realize that there are people who *can't* go back to work due to businesses being shut down because of the pandemic?

Should those people not receive the unemployment benefits you complained about in the OP?
    Trump is much more interested, with his plan, to get businesses booming again. He is a businessman, it is his nature. (Oh, is Biden a businessman?...wanting to 'run' something? haha) So, Who in your party is interested in opening the doors of business,, s'il-vous-plait?

Put another way, if we took a poll, which party leaders are more likely to restrain store openings for whatever reasons? Dems or Repubs?
  11. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 18:24
    @vivify said

Cuomo keeps wanting Fed Money, to correct his City problems, while he keeps it shut down so the economy will stay in a state of recession till the election. Do you think the Fed should just keep pumping money into states ad infinitum? Cuomo's activities have cost over 500M jobs just in NYC, and deBlasio still will not allow inside dining. Restaurants will thusly close. For the Record, it is not that people 'cant' go back to work, your lib leaders won't let them.....because, as you say above, (Cuomo and deBlasio) shut down those very businesses. Is this where I say 'Right?" What is the deal anyway.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 18:30
    @thelistener said
    Trump is much more interested, with his plan, to get businesses booming again. He is a businessman, it is his nature. (Oh, is Biden a businessman?...wanting to 'run' something? haha) So, Who in your party is interested in opening the doors of business,, s'il-vous-plait?

Put another way, if we took a poll, which party leaders are more likely to restrain store openings for whatever reasons? Dems or Repubs?
    And you've just perfectly described the problem with Trump and the Republicans. They care more about businesses than people. More specifically, they care about big business more than people.

Rich business owners won't have to come in to work during a pandemic, and don't care about regular people risking their own lives to make their business money.
  13. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 19:06
    @vivify said
    And you've just perfectly described the problem with Trump and the Republicans. They care more about businesses than people. More specifically, they care about big business more than people.

Rich business owners won't have to come in to work during a pandemic, and don't care about regular people risking their own lives to make their business money.
    You should re-read this, as it is senseless. Viv, to open a business is to help people, so to care about the people is to care about the business which is to care about the people...I think I said that right. Your sentence has no subject, which we learned in 3rd grade.

Oh, hell, this means the guys who own the businesses will make money too. Viv, is that a bad thing.? Viv, when you leave your home to find a different job, who will you apply to for a job?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 19:14
    @thelistener said
    You should re-read this, as it is senseless. Viv, to open a business is to help people, so to care about the people is to care about the business which is to care about the people
    Not when there's over 150,000 deaths in only half a year, and hospitals in many states like Florida and Texas are filled to capacity with COVID-19 victims, and not when COVID cases have reached record highs in those states, beating even New York.

As I stated, Trump, and the Republicans only care about the rich. The rich will not have to risk their lives and don't care if their workers health is in jeopardy, as long as the rich continue to make money.
  15. Joined
    01 Mar '20
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 19:39
    @vivify said
    Not when there's over 150,000 deaths in only half a year, and hospitals in many states like Florida and Texas are filled to capacity with COVID-19 victims, and not when COVID cases have reached record highs in those states, beating even New York.

As I stated, Trump, and the Republicans only care about the rich. The rich will not have to risk their lives and don't care if their workers health is in jeopardy, as long as the rich continue to make money.
    Sorry, Viv, I am not adept at getting this, but I am sure you are right. On another subject, do you think Trump has done one good thing as President? I know he should have handled Corona like Jesus would have, but what good stuff has he done? Yes, I am messing with you!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree