1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 10:521 edit
    Last week, Paul Krugman said that Newt is "a stupid man’s idea of what a smart person sounds like."

On This Week with Christiane Amanpour, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman gave his two cents about why Republican support is beginning to coalesce around Newt Gingrich, with a snarky barb thrown in for good measure. “It was his time, the Republican base doesn’t want Romney and they keep looking for an alternative, and Newt — although somebody said ‘he’s a stupid man’s idea of what a smart person sounds like,’ but he is more plausible than the other guys they’ve been pushing up.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/paul-krugman-newt-gingrich-is-a-stupid-mans-idea-of-what-a-smart-person-sounds-like/

You can see the video clip at the above link.

I am pulling for the high-priced historian to get the nomination. His unfavorables are so high and thus he would surely lose the general election.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Last week, Paul Krugman said that Newt is "a stupid man’s idea of what a smart person sounds like."

[quote]On This Week with Christiane Amanpour, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman gave his two cents about why Republican support is beginning to coalesce around Newt Gingrich, with a snarky barb thrown in for good measure. “It was his time, the Republic ...[text shortened]... nomination. His unfavorables are so high and thus he would surely lose the general election.
    his personal life (married three times) and some statements that he has allegedly
    made concerning his former wives will haunt him. Is this really the best guy they got?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 12:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    his personal life (married three times) and some statements that he has allegedly
    made concerning his former wives will haunt him. Is this really the best guy they got?
    I think this is over blown.

For example, if they dug up JFK and revived to him life, the American people would elect that nymphomaniac back into office. I think the same could be said for Clinton if he ran against Obama.

Next.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 12:511 edit

[quote]On This Week with Christiane Amanpour, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman gave his two cents about why Republican support is beginning to coalesce around Newt Gingrich, with a snarky barb thrown in for good measure. “It was his time, the Republic ...[text shortened]... nomination. His unfavorables are so high and thus he would surely lose the general election.
    Although I am not all that thrilled with Newt as the candidate, they could do worse.

Of course, this is the old and tired strategy of the democrat party. The GOP nominee is "stupid" as are their supporters. They simply have to be, since they are not as enlightened as the party of Waters and Weiner.

Lets just say it would be fun to see Mr. stupid go against Mr. Teleprompter.
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 14:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think this is over blown.

For example, if they dug up JFK and revived to him life, the American people would elect that nymphomaniac back into office. I think the same could be said for Clinton if he ran against Obama.

Next.
    Do you even know the difference between Newt and Clinton and JFK? If you don't you shouldn't be counting eggs, cowboy. No ladies in the south will vote for Newt (and they gladly voted for John and Bill.) If you don't understand that dynamic you should quit posting about things you don't understand.
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 14:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sadly, yes.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:19
    Paul Krugman is every man's idea of what an arrogant a hole sounds like.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:22
    Originally posted by sh76
    It wouldn't hurt if arrogant, elitist ivory tower intellectuals would wield a bit more influence in the US.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 15:361 edit
    Speaking of arrogant A holes, I didn't know George Will hated Newt: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-will-dismisses-newt-gingrich-scoffs-at-idea-that-he-is-a-historian/
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It wouldn't hurt if arrogant, elitist ivory tower intellectuals would wield a bit more influence in the US.
    They'd probably wield more influence if they didn't go out of their way to sound like arrogant a holes.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:07
    Originally posted by sh76
    He sounds like the voice of reason to me. The problem must be with you.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:10

I am pulling for the high-priced historian to get the nomination. His unfavorables are so high and thus he would surely lose the general election.
    Obama's is even less favorable than Newt. If Newt gets the nod (and I'm hoping he does) then that's what I'm counting on.

Bush got Obama elected and now Obama will get Newt elected!
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Obama's is even less favorable than Newt. If Newt gets the nod (and I'm hoping he does) then that's what I'm counting on.

Bush got Obama elected and now Obama will get Newt elected!
    Obama has close to a double digit lead over Newt in the polls.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 17:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obama has close to a double digit lead over Newt in the polls.
    I'd suppose that would have to do with the polls.

http://nation.foxnews.com/newt-gingrich/2011/11/15/poll-gingrich-matches-best-vs-obama

According to the link, Newt is only down 2 points to Obama which is the best for all Republicans.

Having said that, I think it is the swing states that are important, not simply polls. It will be interesting to see the Florida and Ohio polls, especially after the Republican convention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree