1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 23:43
    @no1marauder said
    Berman is set to testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee Thursday. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ousted-sdny-prosecutor-geoffrey-berman-to-testify-before-congress-next-week/ar-BB16itVj

Maybe you should make the tiniest attempt to follow up on such details before you start ranting.
    Don't you think it at all strange that this firing of Berman came out of nowhere?
    And then everyone asks the same question, "why", and nobody even has
    a clue, and Trump says nothing. Barr says nothing. Everything is hush hush.
    Even the democrats didn't have a cogent response or even a suspicion to
    throw out there, so as to slap Trump. Nudda.

What the BLEEP! This is so strange.

I'll be the first to admit that my suspicion of it being connected to the Epstein
    trials is just grabbing at straws. But hot damn, I don't know what else it could be. Maybe Trump is being blackmailed. dunno.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 23:51
    @no1marauder said
    Berman is set to testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee Thursday. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ousted-sdny-prosecutor-geoffrey-berman-to-testify-before-congress-next-week/ar-BB16itVj

Maybe you should make the tiniest attempt to follow up on such details before you start ranting.
    Great! I'm looking forward to it.

Do you think it will get much media attention?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 00:072 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Don't you think it at all strange that this firing of Berman came out of nowhere?
    And then everyone asks the same question, "why", and nobody even has
    a clue, and Trump says nothing. Barr says nothing. Everything is hush hush.
    Even the democrats didn't have a cogent response or even a suspicion to
    throw out there, so as to slap Trump. Nudda.

What the BLEEP! T ...[text shortened]... t straws. But hot damn, I don't know what else it could be. Maybe Trump is being blackmailed. dunno.
    It came right after excerpts from Bolton's book were published. One of those had Trump promising Turkish Premier Erdogan that the investigation in a Turkish company would be "handled" but it turns out Berman had indicted them. It seems very possible to me that Barr and/or Trump flew into a rage about this becoming public and fired Berman in a hissy fit.

The Maxwell arrest kinda kills the whole idea that Berman was fired to squelch the Epstein investigation, doesn't it?

EDIT: Here's the details:

"The book paints a picture in which Erdoğan’s frequent calls with Trump were very effective in getting the U.S. president to do what Ankara wants, though he also failed on several fronts – including on extraditing the Islamist cleric Fethullah Gülen, who Erdoğan blames for masterminding the failed coup attempt of 2016, and on getting the U.S. authorities drop charges against Turkey’s state-run Halkbank, which was indicted of involvement in a complex scheme to circumvent sanctions on Iran between 2011 and 2016.

On page 191 of his book, Bolton said that, during a meeting between Erdoğan and Trump in Argentina on Dec 1, 2018, the U.S. president promised to try to help his Turkish counterpart with the Halkbank case:

“Erdoğan provided a memo by the law firm representing Halkbank, which Trump did nothing more than flip through before declaring he believed Halkbank was totally innocent of violating U.S. Iran sanctions. Trump asked whether we could reach Acting U.S. Attorney General Matt Whitaker, which I sidestepped. Trump then told Erdoğan he would take care of things, explaining that the Southern District prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people.”

https://ahvalnews.com/bolton-exclusives/bolton-exclusives-1-what-does-boltons-book-say-about-turkey

Halbank was indicted on October 15, 2019 by Berman's SDNY: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/turkish-bank-charged-manhattan-federal-court-its-participation-multibillion-dollar-iranian#:~:text=The%20Department%20of%20Justice%20announced,evade%20U.S.%20sanctions%20on%20Iran.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 01:38
    @no1marauder said

Not that I have a problem with an investigation if that is the only way to find the answers, but why can't someone just call Berman up and ask him? Chris Wallace, Chuck Todd and Margaret Brennan are capable of making calls, right?

What is so complicated about asking the guy before an expensive hearing about it? It might save some money and we wouldn't have to wait for an answer.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 01:44
    @no1marauder

I suppose it is a possibility but Berman indicted in october of last year.
    The time to fire Berman would be before the indictment. I would think
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 09:291 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    Not on Rachel Maddow. She covered that bit of corruption.
    I can only wait for November for the corrupt 4 to be gone, Moscow Mitch, Barr, Trump, Pray away the gay Pence.
    Talking to talking heads about the issue could compromise ongoing investigations so I doubt if any of that would play out this early. A year from now he might write another book like so many of them do.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 16:18
    @metal-brain said
    Great! I'm looking forward to it.

Do you think it will get much media attention?
    Did you ever check out the link of Trump's rape accusation from Snopes (and The Guardian) I posted, in when you requested it in a different thread?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 16:23

Removed by poster

9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 23:56
    @vivify said
    Did you ever check out the link of Trump's rape accusation from Snopes (and The Guardian) I posted, in when you requested it in a different thread?
    I don't remember requesting that. It isn't something I would be interested in since Biden was accused of the same. Did you see the video of Biden saying he likes children to jump on his lap? It was his Michael Jackson moment.

YouTube
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 21:45
    NEWSFLASH

Maxwell is still alive!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree