1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '23 07:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    Look hard at this seeming human.....not creature-esque to you.??
    The only creatures I see in this scenario are the ones who can't dredge up even the slightest bit of compassion for another human being.

LGBTQ+ persons have a higher rate of suicide than the general population. Don't you think this might be because of the way they get treated by the straight community?

Thank you cons for this.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 May '23 07:52
    Absolutely nobody who wasn't born in the middle of the male-to-female gender range would choose to position themselves as a target for redneck attack. I've never understood why any real human being would want to bully a person who clearly has a need to be accepted as just another human being.

I'm not a fan of exhibitionism (such as Gay Pride and drag queens) but that's something else. I'm not a fan of selfies and Tik Tok and "me ME ME!!" either.

Why do the Americans in this forum have to make a red-blue war out of everything? Isn't rational discussion of social issues possible in your country?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '23 08:031 edit
    @kewpie said
    Absolutely nobody who wasn't born in the middle of the male-to-female gender range would choose to position themselves as a target for redneck attack. I've never understood why any real human being would want to bully a person who clearly has a need to be accepted as just another human being.

I'm not a fan of exhibitionism (such as Gay Pride and drag queens) but that's s ...[text shortened]... ed-blue war out of everything? Isn't rational discussion of social issues possible in your country?
    Seemingly not in a post-Trump world. About half the population saw this coming when he announced he was running. Even we didn't take it seriously that he could fool enough Americans into buying into the same nonsense he spouted for years back in New York. And now normal people aren't keen on giving the idea that these people are dangerous enough consideration. Yes, it's outrageous that we're forced to do so, but the alternative is unthinkable.

Hitler started with way less popular support.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    18 May '23 11:01
    @suzianne said
    Seemingly not in a post-Trump world. About half the population saw this coming when he announced he was running. Even we didn't take it seriously that he could fool enough Americans into buying into the same nonsense he spouted for years back in New York. And now normal people aren't keen on giving the idea that these people are dangerous enough consideration. Yes ...[text shortened]... orced to do so, but the alternative is unthinkable.

Hitler started with way less popular support.
    Hitlker also started with having citizens ratting out other citizens.....see the DHS thread, about what Biden is up to, so that is not exactly a good comparison.
    Regarding the creature comments, let us not make light of a person who lives in a home that is designated for all-girls. A person who would disrupt that is a creature. So I think the reference is quite appropriate. What a mean person, indeed. Defend him, though. Yeah, defend the person for doing that.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '23 20:191 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Hitlker also started with having citizens ratting out other citizens.....see the DHS thread, about what Biden is up to, so that is not exactly a good comparison.
    Regarding the creature comments, let us not make light of a person who lives in a home that is designated for all-girls. A person who would disrupt that is a creature. So I think the reference is quite a ...[text shortened]... ropriate. What a mean person, indeed. Defend him, though. Yeah, defend the person for doing that.
    The only creatures I see in this scenario are the ones who can't dredge up even the slightest bit of compassion for another human being.

LGBTQ+ persons have a higher rate of suicide than the general population. Don't you think this might be because of the way they get treated by the straight community?

Thank you cons for this.

Care to actually respond?
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    18 May '23 20:50
    @suzianne said

Thank you cons for this.

Care to actually respond?
    A bit difficult, when you set the bar at 'the straight community causes suicides among LGBTQX persons.'"? I myself cannot imagine our doing anything but minding our own business, thus not handing them a gun. So, I disagree if you say we straight people cause suicides. Doesn't figure, unless you point out an instance?.
    But I appreciate your post, and that you put thought behind it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree