1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 11:57
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Someone on here claimed that Rick Perry wanted Texas to secede. Maybe you could make a deal with him? As an aside, isn't is Sanders and not Sander?
    I inadvertently omitted the second 's' in my typing frenzy.

In regard to Perry's wish for Texas to secede, I wish him all the best. I sincerely hope Texas does secede. I'd be willing to financially contribute to their secession fund to help them on their way. Perry can take Texas and turn it into Jesus-land. All the bible thumping freaks elsewhere can go and and join him. Good riddance to the lot of them.
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 19:17
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I inadvertently omitted the second 's' in my typing frenzy.

In regard to Perry's wish for Texas to secede, I wish him all the best. I sincerely hope Texas does secede. I'd be willing to financially contribute to their secession fund to help them on their way. Perry can take Texas and turn it into Jesus-land. All the bible thumping freaks elsewhere can go and and join him. Good riddance to the lot of them.
    I just noticed reading your reply that I put an extra is in my own smart alack reply, just goes to show what happens when you make fun of someone else.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    25 Sep '11 09:13
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    try Greece you looney tune....
    In what sense is Greece "far to the left"?
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 17:14
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm not 100% sure gridlock is the best that we can expect.
    With gridlock, at least things don't get much worse.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 17:20
    Originally posted by bill718
    Metalbrain...I did not say people voted with the INTENTION of dividing Congress. It's simply worked out that way. it's also the major reason for our dysfunctional government.
    There is a longstanding theory that disfunction in government isn't so bad. DeToqueville and many of the founders believed that the most efficient and powerful government was a benevolent Monarch or dictator. Someone else, I don't remember who wrote that government ought to be so constructed that if the worst person was in power, he could do no evil.

As long as there is deep disagreement on certain issues, there isn't a pressing need to push onward with bipartisanship. Better we settle the disagreements first and get it right, than just doing something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree