02 Jan '14 23:231 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 23:42
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why mention woman in with children? do you see man and woman as different in regards to hearing bad language?
    Oh hell no dear, when I see a young lady or woman in public I got no problem swearing like a drunken sailor in front of them an if they don't like it I'll just refer them to YOU.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 10:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    wow I really do appear to be a hopeless romantic living in the past in which I can hardly comprehend these values never mind begin to assimilate them. Cynicism seems to me to have attempted to reduce most things to a base level, motives are questioned, good intentions mangled and contorted beyond recognition, the 'good guy', portrayed as 'sleekit' and cunning, the promiscuous sexaholic as honest, up front and as noble as any pious Medieval knight. I must admit that I am still at a loss as why things have come to this or perhaps they always were and manners and etiquette were simply some kind of thinly veiled pretence to more dastardly deeds, enter Terry Thomas and James Bond.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 20:53
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Oh hell no dear, when I see a young lady or woman in public I got no problem swearing like a drunken sailor in front of them an if they don't like it I'll just refer them to YOU.
    really? i think you need to readdress your public behavior, it sounds unhinged.
  5. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 10:081 edit
    On the Titanic, I'd want to help "civilians" ahead of myself, especially children. I don't mind men offering to carry heavy stuff for me, but usually it's unnecessary.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 10:09
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    What about a bloke struggling with a pram up a set of stairs or onto a bus?
    I'd help if needed, male or female.
  7. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 10:13
    I prefer dating before getting physical, but spending lots of money is unnecessary. Mini-golf and coffee is just fine. And no, women aren't responsible for men having casual sex. Each individual is responsible for their own choices. Any individual woman can still choose to date first before getting physical, as can any individual man. What's the problem?
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 10:14
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    I don't mind men (or women) swearing in front of me. I do think they should stop if asked to, though.
  9. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 10:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow I really do appear to be a hopeless romantic living in the past in which I can hardly comprehend these values never mind begin to assimilate them. Cynicism seems to me to have attempted to reduce most things to a base level, motives are questioned, good intentions mangled and contorted beyond recognition, the 'good guy', portrayed as 'sleekit' an ...[text shortened]... some kind of thinly veiled pretence to more dastardly deeds, enter Terry Thomas and James Bond.
    I believe men who say they'd rather date first before getting physical.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 01:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Garner, NC
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 02:47
    where do you christian types stand on swearing? is it sinful?
    Ephesians 5:4 ... "Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving."

Yes, cursing is a sin.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 07:34
    Originally posted by karnachz
    On the Titanic, I'd want to help "civilians" ahead of myself, especially children. I don't mind men offering to carry heavy stuff for me, but usually it's unnecessary.
    Cool! I got dibs on your seat. I promise to recommend you for the Darwin Award post mortem.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 07:412 edits
    where do you christian types nd on swearing? is it sinful?
    To swear or to take God's name in vain has nothing to do with vulgarities of speech, irreverence or offensive slang in the presence of children or polite company; in those venues outside the locker room show a sense of timing and appropriateness as well as consideration for the sensibilities others. Swearing is frivolously taking an oath in God's name as if He approved.

Example of Swearing: "I swear to God that He told me to tell you to give me $1,000 and that you will do so"
    (God made me do it implied).
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 07:53
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Ephesians 5:4 ... "Nor should there be [b]obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving."

Yes, cursing is a sin.[/b]
    Accurate reference. Thanks.
  15. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 14:01
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Ephesians 5:4 ... "Nor should there be [b]obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving."

Yes, cursing is a sin.[/b]
    That only applies if you take the Bible literally. Exodus 35:2 states that working on the Sabbath is a sin that's punishable by death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree