Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China, in order of rank, with degree:
1. Hu Jintao - President of the People's Republic of China; hydraulic engineer, Tsinghua U. (Beijing), 1965.
2. Wu Bangguo - Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress; electron tube engineer, Tsinghua U. (Beijing), 1960.
3. Wen Jiabao - Premier of the State Council; geology engineer, Beijing Institute of Geology, 1967(?).
4. Jia Qinglin - Chairman of the National Committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference; (electrical engineer), Hebei U. of Technology, 1962(?).
5. Li Changchun - (none specified); electrical engineer, Harbin Institute of Technology, 1966.
6. Xi Jinping - Vice President of the People's Republic of China; chemical engineer (grad?); Tsinghua U. (Beijing), 1966(?).
7. Li Keqiang - First Vice Premier of the State Council; lawyer and PhD in economics, Peking U. (Beijing), (date?).
8. He Guoqiang - (none specified); chemical engineer, Beijing Institute of Chemical Engineering, (date?).
9. Zhou Yongkang - (none specified); geophysical survey engineer, Beijing Petroleum Institute, (date?).
with the following caveat:
note: current order may be temporary, although they will be employed for the time being by state media. The protocol order of the remaining five will be determined as their portfolios are modified.