the Chinese technocracy

the Chinese technocracy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
20 Apr 10

a revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another.

silicon valley

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by skipper2666
a revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another.
a good point for the students at Tienanmen, but i guess they know it already.

silicon valley

Moves
20 Apr 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
It's just the nicest example, graphically and ideologically.

So you're a fan of the current Party, but not of Mao. That's ok, it's what I meant. Don't be shy. When did it happen? Before or after you found out they were engineers?
after.

there is no perfect system on earth. but lawyers, tax accountants, etc. are a huge drag on the economy in the US.

on one level, china is doing quite well. on personal liberty and property rights (the normal folk vs. the new landlord class), not so well.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
after.

there is no perfect system on earth. but lawyers, tax accountants, etc. are a huge drag on the economy in the US.

on one level, china is doing quite well. on personal liberty and property rights (the normal folk vs. the new landlord class), not so well.
Why do you like technocracy, except when it comes to climate change?

silicon valley

Moves
20 Apr 10

keep the faith, palynka! don't let those climate skeptics swerve you!

the head of the IPCC is a RAILWAY ENGINEER and ECONOMIST!!! 😵

choo choo ... ridin' the graaavvy train ....

silicon valley

Moves
20 Apr 10

the pro-AGW technocracy is self-serving where it is not blind, and blind where it is not self-serving.

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
21 Apr 10

Have any of you been to The Peoples Republic of China?

silicon valley

Moves
22 Apr 10

several times; have you?

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
24 Apr 10

several times; have you?
Yes I have, on business.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
25 Apr 10

yeah, but you'd think that with the bad rep lawyers have it would serve as a disincentive to voters to elect them.
Since the job of parliament is to make law it would probably be useful to have at least some people who understand law and how it works. Framing good laws is a challenge that Parliament has not always managed to meet.

I have to say that dealing with politics can be the most tedious, waste of time, crushing bore to people of a normal, healthy mindset. There are less painful ways to become a celebrity.

s
Why so serious ????

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Moves
28 Apr 10

Yes I have, on business.
My business was at the local chinese takaway and thats as close as I'll ever get to the PRC.

silicon valley

Moves
28 Apr 10

Originally posted by finnegan
Since the job of parliament is to make law it would probably be useful to have at least some people who understand law and how it works. Framing good laws is a challenge that Parliament has not always managed to meet.

I have to say that dealing with politics can be the most tedious, waste of time, crushing bore to people of a normal, healthy mindset. There are less painful ways to become a celebrity.
i wonder how it's affected Redmike.

silicon valley

Moves
28 Apr 10

My business was at the local chinese takaway and thats as close as I'll ever get to the PRC.
confession time! 😵