1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 04:35
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46614138

Seemingly a blind amphibian (Aquaman’s crippled brother?), which sticks its head in the sand, has been named after the US president.

I wonder which other new creatures we might find which could be named after world leaders...

I heard they discovered a new species of rodent, closely related to the skunk. When it’s in trouble it lets rip a poisonous gas. It’s been named the Mephitidae Putinus ExKayGeeBeeus.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 14:35
    @shavixmir said
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46614138

Seemingly a blind amphibian (Aquaman’s crippled brother?), which sticks its head in the sand, has been named after the US president.

I wonder which other new creatures we might find which could be named after world leaders...

I heard they discovered a new species of rodent, closely related to the skunk. When it’s in trouble it lets rip a poisonous gas. It’s been named the Mephitidae Putinus ExKayGeeBeeus.
    If you are implying the antics of Donald J Trump might encourage copy cats to try the same thing in other countries, I'd say it's possible.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 16:39
    @mchill said
    If you are implying the antics of Donald J Trump might encourage copy cats to try the same thing in other countries, I'd say it's possible.
    Uh... no.
    The article is real, what I’m implying is: make up other new creatures with politician’s traits and give it a Latin name.

For example:
    They’ve discovered a sub-species of Haggis on the Outer-Hebredies; it’s slower than its mainland counterparts. They’re calling it the Haggi mchillest mostus slowus.

Amazing!
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 09:02
    This is a true bloody story!!!
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:41
    Extremely childish. It's high time the left stopped trying to emulate the right.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:44
    @shallow-blue said
    Extremely childish. It's high time the left stopped trying to emulate the right.
    I read they discovered a new virus without a sense of humor. It’s called Shallow Fungus Bluitis.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 01:41
    Ohh, the scientific community strikes again!

How witty.

... buries his head in the sand...

Get it?

Because, like, Donald Trump, buries his head in the sand, right, by, like... being ignorant...

amirite?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 07:22
    @philokalia said
    Because, like, Donald Trump, buries his head in the sand, right, by, like... being ignorant...

amirite?
    correct!
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 08:16
    @philokalia said
    Ohh, the scientific community strikes again!

How witty.

... buries his head in the sand...

Get it?

amirite?
    Oh, stop it, you’re just fishing for a Latin name...
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 09:35
    @shavixmir said
    I read they discovered a new virus without a sense of humor. It’s called Shallow Fungus Bluitis.
    It took me a while, too, to find out that giving people stupid nicknames is not in fact humorous; however, I am at least that much an adult now. Seems not everybody on the left is. (Nor most people on the right.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree