1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 09:41
    "If I were to run, I'd run as a Republican, they're the dumbest group of voters in the country. They love anything on Fox News. I could lie and they'd still eat it up. I bet my poll numbers would be terrific."

Donald Trump - People Magazine 1998
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 10:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    "If I were to run, I'd run as a Republican, they're the dumbest group of voters in the country. They love anything on Fox News. I could lie and they'd still eat it up. I bet my poll numbers would be terrific."

I can't really argue with this. The Donald is offering very Progressive policies with such things as health care and taxation. All he has to do is verbally assault Obama and all is well with the world in terms of conservative votes.

Progs are very clever creatures. They pretty much run all of government, education, and corporate America. I suppose the intellectually inferior will continue to be their slaves.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 12:241 edit
    "People who rely on random Internet sources for their news are such sheep. I could make up any quote and put it on the Internet and these fools will just lap it up."

- Abraham Lincoln, The Gettysburg Address

Oh, by the way:

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 12:32
    Originally posted by bill718

That's been debunked. Do you believe everything you see on the internet?
    I think the young man in this video represents the stupidest voter you can find, he is definitely an Obama supporter:
    YouTube

5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 21:51
    all you have to do is be pro life, pro gun, and a born again christian and you will get 40% of the vote
    the other needed votes will come from being hawkish and and finding the proverbial strawman
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '15 23:58
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    all you have to do is be pro life, pro gun, and a born again christian and you will get 40% of the vote
    the other needed votes will come from being hawkish and and finding the proverbial strawman
    It would help to be folksy but quick. (And/or have good writers.)

http://time.com/3752477/reagan-assassination-reaction/
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 05:15
    Originally posted by sh76
    "People who rely on random Internet sources for their news are such sheep. I could make up any quote and put it on the Internet and these fools will just lap it up."

Oh, by the way:

The problem with you folks is you need to get more fun out of life! 😀😀😀
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 06:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    I can't really argue with this. The Donald is offering very Progressive policies with such things as health care and taxation. All he has to do is verbally assault Obama and all is well with the world in terms of conservative votes.

Progs are very clever creatures. They pretty much run all of government, education, and corporate America. I suppose the intellectually inferior will continue to be their slaves.
    Would you prefer Trump as President over Obama?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 12:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We lose either way. That is the beauty of the two party system.

Donald Trump: Progressive champion?

06/17/15 07:58 AM—Updated 06/17/15 08:01 AM

By Eric Levitz:

1. Government health care for all

On Tuesday, Trump called Obamacare such a disaster, “You have to get hit by a tractor, literally, a tractor to use it.”

Progressives might object, noting that the “hit by tractor” provision of the Affordable Care Act literally doesn’t exist. But the Democratic base would be more sympathetic to Trump’s health care proposals circa 2000.

Shortly after the Y2K scare, Trump announced his support for socialized medicine, in a campaign booklet titled, “The America We Deserve”.

“We must have universal health care,” Trump wrote. “We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by health care expenses.”

He even cited Canada’s publicly funded health care system as a model worth emulating.

2. Legalize all drugs

Let’s take a trip back to 1990: “The Simpsons” was making its broadcast debut, Iraqi troops were crossing the border into Kuwait, and a thick-haired Donald Trump was telling a crowd in South Florida that “We’re losing badly the war on drugs. You have to legalize drugs to win that war. You have to take the profit away from these drug czars.”

It would take decades for Democratic leaders like Bill Clinton to declare the drug war a mistake. Even Bernie Sanders isn’t willing to declare his support for marijuana legalization in 2015. However, Trump circa 1990 was ready to legalize everything.

In calling for the decriminalization of all narcotics, he aligned himself with the anarchist fringe of left-wing America.

3. Tax the wealth of the 1%

Fifteen years before French economist Thomas Piketty outraged conservatives with his proposal for a 2% global wealth tax, Donald Trump called for a 14.25% tax on America’s wealthiest individuals.

In 1999, Trump suggested the government collect $5.7 trillion in new revenue by levying a one-time tax on all individuals and trusts worth more than $10 million. With that revenue, Trump hoped that the federal government could cut taxes on the middle-class, and sure up Social Security funding for retirees.

Sure, Bernie Sanders has called for substantially raising the top marginal rate on income taxes, but only Trump has advocated expropriating the wealth of the capitalist class. And if inequality is your top concern, redistributing wealth is far more effective than redistributing income: According to a 2015 report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the richest 10% of American income earners take home 28% of all U.S. income; the wealthiest 10% of U.S. households own 76% of the nation’s wealth.

4. No more foreign wars

Long before the quagmire of Iraq, Donald Trump saw the folly of American military hubris, writing in 2000’s “The America We Deserve,” “If we are going to intervene in a conflict it had better pose a direct threat to our interest- one definition of ‘direct’ being a threat so obvious that most Americans will know where the hot spot is on the globe and will quickly understand why we are getting involved… At the same time, we must not get involved in a long-festering conflict for humanitarian reasons.”

While Sanders may seem like the dove candidate of 2016, he supported the interventions in Yugoslavia and Kosovo, as well as the war in Afghanistan.

5. Defeat the Trans-Pacific Partnership and protect American workers

President Obama’s proposed trade deal is one issue where the 2015 Trump and the progressive base see eye-to-eye. While presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton still hasn’t come out in full-throated opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Trump has been a vocal opponent of the deal for several months.

Back in in April, Trump took to Twitter to voice his opposition to the deal, tweeting: “The Trans-Pacific Partnership is an attack on America’s business. It does not stop Japan’s currency manipulation. This is a bad deal.”

Trump is so committed to protecting American workers from the threat of globalization, his 2011 book “Time to Get Tough” included a proposal to levy a 20% tax on all imported goods.

While those five policies align Trump with country’s most left-wing voters, he’s also voiced his support for consensus Democratic positions, like a woman’s right to choose and the assault weapons ban.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 12:03

Oh, by the way:

What is sad is, knowing Donald I did not even question it as being legit.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 13:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    We lose either way. That is the beauty of the two party system.

Donald Trump: Progressive champion?

06/17/15 07:58 AM—Updated 06/17/15 08:01 AM

By Eric Levitz:

1. Government health care for all

On Tuesday, Trump called Obamacare such a disaster, “You have to get hit by a tractor, literally, a tractor to use it.”

Progressives might obje ...[text shortened]... for consensus Democratic positions, like a woman’s right to choose and the assault weapons ban.
    So you would prefer Obama to Trump?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 13:241 edit
    So you would prefer Obama to Trump?
    I'm not sure one is worse than the other.

If you listened to Obama before the election, you would have seen someone chastising "W" for being in wars abroad and spending like a drunken sailor.

But then when he enters office, he picks up where Obama left off.

I could really care less what politicians promise or say, cuz its all crap.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 15:18

Oh, by the way:

Well, at least the fictional Donald knows Republicans.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 15:54
    Sometimes people don't care about labels.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 15:55
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, at least the fictional Donald knows Republicans.
    Is that Donald Duck?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree