1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 May '21 08:24
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57 - said
    I take it you believe that sovereignty trumps any kind of human rights concerns.

You may be right. Interesting philosophical food for thought.

In relation to Tigray, it is constitutionally backed by Ethiopia's constitution for them to be semi autonomous.
    And Tigray is semi autonomous with Ethiopia's blessings. BUT, when the Tigray army, ...[text shortened]... ince assigned Tigray new civilians to take rule in Tigray, and yes, they were hand picked loyalists.
    I’m not arguing against a sovereign nation defending itself from an internal armed insurrection. But whatever the initial provocation or the intent of the Ethiopian government the situation has descended into tribal bloodletting.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 May '21 14:27
    @kevcvs57 said
    I’m not arguing against a sovereign nation defending itself from an internal armed insurrection. But whatever the initial provocation or the intent of the Ethiopian government the situation has descended into tribal bloodletting.
    yes, for sure. Please understand that Tigray is a section of Ethiopia that is semi autonomous.
    They do have their own army, as well as militia groups. Now, I do not know the cause but I do know
    that the Tigray army attacked two Ethiopian military bases, one of which was in the capital city of Tigray, Mekele.
    Remember now, Tigray is not autonomous, they just think they are. So what is Ethiopia to do? Defend!

From what I see so far, Tigray is the bully, they are getting attacked for a reason. They clearly bit off more than they can chew
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 May '21 14:34
    @earl-of-trumps said
    yes, for sure. Please understand that Tigray is a section of Ethiopia that is semi autonomous.
    They do have their own army, as well as militia groups. Now, I do not know the cause but I do know
    that the Tigray army attacked two Ethiopian military bases, one of which was in the capital city of Tigray, Mekele.
    Remember now, Tigray is not autonomous, they just think ...[text shortened]... y is the bully, they are getting attacked for a reason. They clearly bit off more than they can chew
    You do not defend by raping and murdering civilians en masse and if you do the international community has the right and the moral duty to, at the very least, apply sanctions of some sort.
    If you just kill other men with guns then you won’t go far wrong, this war thing isn’t rocket science. If you find yourself raping a woman next to the bodies of her dead civilian husband and children you’ve got it all wrong.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '21 20:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '21 20:31

6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 May '21 23:332 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    You do not defend by raping and murdering civilians en masse and if you do the international community has the right and the moral duty to, at the very least, apply sanctions of some sort.
    If you just kill other men with guns then you won’t go far wrong, this war thing isn’t rocket science. If you find yourself raping a woman next to the bodies of her dead civilian husband and children you’ve got it all wrong.
    Kev, there is no doubt that rape is wrong, and killing people is worse. In the end, war sucks.

In my opinion, it is a staple of warring entities to rape women as well as kill the men. war sucks.
    And I blame the Tigray government/TPLA, they took the bold move of attacking two Ethiopian military bases.

EDIT to add: Kev, one last note. Right during the war with Ethiopia (January?) the Tigray local law enforcement
    and militia, led by a Tigray youth group senselessly slaughtered 102 ethnic minorities and burnt their houses down.
    Food for thought. war sucks.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 May '21 10:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I wonder how highly Kevcvs57 regards the opinions of the sneering fanatical Han nationalist duchess64 and the murdering rapist Ethiopian government? Can you guess duchess?
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 May '21 11:091 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Kev, there is no doubt that rape is wrong, and killing people is worse. In the end, war sucks.

In my opinion, it is a staple of warring entities to rape women as well as kill the men. war sucks.
    And I blame the Tigray government/TPLA, they took the bold move of attacking two Ethiopian military bases.

EDIT to add: Kev, one last note. Right during the war with E ...[text shortened]... elessly slaughtered 102 ethnic minorities and burnt their houses down.
    Food for thought. war sucks.
    No you keep getting it wrong earl, it’s not your fault though, we have become desensitised to mass rape and the mass murder of civilians during war, but it isn’t war, it’s a war crime.
    If we accept this as simply ‘war business as usual’ then we might as well abolish the war crimes commission and abandon the Geneva convention.
    And let’s not have anymore handwringing about terrorists who target civilians anywhere in the world because that’s just ‘war business as usual’. War crimes like rape, genocide and ethnic cleansing are war crimes regardless of where they happen, who they happen to, and who the perpetrators are.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '21 20:582 edits

10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 May '21 20:58
    @kevcvs57
    War crimes like rape, genocide and ethnic cleansing are war crimes regardless of where they happen, who they happen to, and who the perpetrators are.

we agree! but they happen all the time. crimes of extreme passion. horrible.
    the Geneva convention
    means nothing to highly charged people with criminal intent, obviously. try to catch them. ya.
    somebody may go down about 40 years from now when he's old and gray.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '21 22:531 edit

12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 May '21 09:37
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57
    War crimes like rape, genocide and ethnic cleansing are war crimes regardless of where they happen, who they happen to, and who the perpetrators are.

we agree! but they happen all the time. crimes of extreme passion. horrible.
    the Geneva convention
    means nothing to highly charged people with criminal intent, obviously. try to catch them. ya.
    somebody may go down about 40 years from now when he's old and gray.
    Well why on Earth is such a big fuss made on these forums regarding the Uighur population.
    Is it as the duchess claims simply a cynical ruse to throw mud in the direction of China. Why all the stress about how Israel treats Palestinians in Gaza or the West Bank it’s just war after all and neither the Uighur or the Palestinians are getting treated anything like as bad as the civilians of the Tigray region.
    So please explain the difference earl. I’m all ears.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 May '21 15:48
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well why on Earth is such a big fuss made on these forums regarding the Uighur population.
    Is it as the duchess claims simply a cynical ruse to throw mud in the direction of China. Why all the stress about how Israel treats Palestinians in Gaza or the West Bank it’s just war after all and neither the Uighur or the Palestinians are getting treated anything like as bad as the civilians of the Tigray region.
    So please explain the difference earl. I’m all ears.
    Kev, of COURSE I'm concerned. Did you ever even notice who started this thread?? It was ME.

I am very concerned here. Why are you pushing for an argument?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '21 18:53

15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 May '21 19:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Well yes there seems to be a pattern forming whereby mass murder rape and general carnage in Africa seems to be greeted with a Gallic shrug whilst in other places much less serious conflict and human rights abuses get endless coverage and becomes the subject of constant hand wringing.
    You cannot really compare one conflict with another from the individual victims perspective but it seems some places need to generate serious numbers before they become a cause of concern.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree