1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    15 May '21 22:46
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well yes there seems to be a pattern forming whereby mass murder rape and general carnage in Africa seems to be greeted with a Gallic shrug whilst in other places much less serious conflict and human rights abuses get endless coverage and becomes the subject of constant hand wringing.
    You cannot really compare one conflict with another from the individual victims perspective but it seems some places need to generate serious numbers before they become a cause of concern.
    7.7 seriously hungry people is cause for concern but the west does not talk a lot about it.
    Maybe it has to do with where AP, Reuters, and other western news outlets put their reports. Don't know.
    Another one is Libya. people starving there, too.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 May '21 21:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 May '21 04:55
    Sorry for the above, the auto-mod went nuts. I will repost this AP article with the link only, as surely
    words used in the article itself must have been the trigger. More later.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 May '21 05:01
    https://apnews.com/article/only-on-ap-eritrea-africa-religion-9fe9140b76da946e4fa65095a1d5b04f

I word of caution, it will sicken you.

Note: Mikelle is the capital of Tigray, Eretria is a small country that border Tigray, north of Ethiopia

My best guestimation is, the Eretrians have a tiny nation whose capital has been ravaged in the past
    by the Tigrayans. When Tigray was overrun by Ethiopian troops, the Eretrians seized the moment for revenge.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    29 May '21 07:382 edits
    @earl-of-trumps said
    https://apnews.com/article/only-on-ap-eritrea-africa-religion-9fe9140b76da946e4fa65095a1d5b04f

I word of caution, it will sicken you.

Note: Mikelle is the capital of Tigray, Eretria is a small country that border Tigray, north of Ethiopia

My best guestimation is, the Eretrians have a tiny nation whose capital has been ravaged in the past
    by the Tigrayans. When Tigray was overrun by Ethiopian troops, the Eretrians seized the moment for revenge.
    Or it’s just one in a series of grotesque atrocities being committed on the Tigrayan people by Ethiopian and Eritrean forces at the direction of their relative governments for the purpose of eradicating an inconvenient tribal identity.
    Of course I’m just a guesstimating.
    I’d also guesstimate that no one gives a flying one because they are just a powerless African tribe with no control over natural resources that might be contested for by the East and West.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    29 May '21 16:03
    @kevcvs57

I'm afraid it is all about flexing muscles, grabbing autonomy, grabbing land, and all that stuff. It's Human.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree