The price of not being PC

The price of not being PC

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
29 Dec 15
1 edit

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/12/nyc-goes-full-nazi-fines-citizens-up-to-250000-for-accurately-referring-to-drag-queens/#96uCpzvOg1114zQw.99

In a previous article, "NYC to Enact Legal Consequences for Using Wrong Pronoun with Transgenders," the government of New York City, headed by Mayor Bill De Blasio, indicated individuals could suffer legal consequences by using the wrong pronoun when addressing a transgender individual. One could/would be fined for saying "he" instead of "she," if the person was a male dressed as a woman. In days gone by, it was known as "drag."

New York City did update its discrimination law to indicate that employers and covered entities could be imposed civil penalties "up to $125,000 for violations, and up to $250,000 for violations that are the result of willful, wanton, or malicious conduct." This update could prove crippling for small business owners should they be found in violation.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Dec 15

Not being able to engage in "willful, wanton, or malicious conduct" without the possibility of being fined is a terrible price to pay for "not being PC."

Cape Town

Moves
29 Dec 15

So whodey, do you support the right of your employer to address you as 'Sir liar and moron' in all official letters? It would after all be an accurate description would it not?

Z

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by whodey
http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/12/nyc-goes-full-nazi-fines-citizens-up-to-250000-for-accurately-referring-to-drag-queens/#96uCpzvOg1114zQw.99

In a previous article, "NYC to Enact Legal Consequences for Using Wrong Pronoun with Transgenders," the government of New York City, headed by Mayor Bill De Blasio, indicated individuals could suffer legal conseque ...[text shortened]... " This update could prove crippling for small business owners should they be found in violation.
this is an outrage,.

everyone has the right to be an ignorant insensitive ashole.

w

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
this is an outrage,.

everyone has the right to be an ignorant insensitive ashole.
That will cost you a couple of hundred thousand dollars for saying that.

Thanks! 😵

w

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
So whodey, do you support the right of your employer to address you as 'Sir liar and moron' in all official letters? It would after all be an accurate description would it not?
Looks like you need fined as well, but I'll cut you a break on only charge you a cool even $100,000.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Not being able to engage in "willful, wanton, or malicious conduct" without the possibility of being fined is a terrible price to pay for "not being PC."
It will be the duty of some bureaucrat to decide what those words mean, perhaps a bureaucrat with an ax to grind.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Dec 15

This is surely a joke?

w

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by shavixmir
This is surely a joke?
No, and don't call me surely.

Then again, Progs are kinda a joke all by themselves

w

Moves
29 Dec 15

Originally posted by normbenign
It will be the duty of some bureaucrat to decide what those words mean, perhaps a bureaucrat with an ax to grind.
Those enlightened souls who's opinions actually matter will splain it to us.

Z

Moves
29 Dec 15

No, and don't call me surely.

Then again, Progs are kinda a joke all by themselves
"No, and don't call me surely."
that's not how the joke works

w

Moves
29 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
"No, and don't call me surely."
that's not how the joke works
Do I have to pay some sort of fine for this as well?

Now that we have destroyed free speech, when do we burn all the books?

Scratch that, book burnings would emit carbon emissions that would cause fines.

How then do we now destroy books legally?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
29 Dec 15

Do I have to pay some sort of fine for this as well?

Now that we have destroyed free speech, when do we burn all the books?

Scratch that, book burnings would emit carbon emissions that would cause fines.

How then do we now destroy books legally?
Shredding!

w

Moves
29 Dec 15

Shredding!
It's not quiet as destructive as burning but it will have to due.

K

Germany

Moves
29 Dec 15

Yes, and perhaps a bureaucrat has an axe to grind when someone is arrested for murder.