The price of not being PC

The price of not being PC

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
31 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Soothfast
Are you really more free if no force of law forbids my kicking your ass, stealing your wallet, and spending your cash on hookers and weed?
Soothfast, if you have a right to live free from force (i.e. a life of freedom [despite shavs stunning rebuttal 'no it's not', which is akin to his mind blowing critiques on Objectivism and to which we are all so grateful])

...then so does the next bloke..

So it's not force of law, it's a matter of blindingly obvious logic. If I own my wallet and it's contents, so does the next fellow (speaking of his wallet of course, haha that would be funny if you tried to make it out to be the same wallet, just pre-empting shavs attempt at humour).

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
31 Dec 15

Originally posted by Wajoma
Soothfast, if you have a right to live free from force (i.e. a life of freedom [despite shavs stunning rebuttal 'no it's not', which is akin to his mind blowing critiques on Objectivism and to which we are all so grateful])

...then so does the next bloke..

So it's not force of law, it's a matter of blindingly obvious logic. If I own my wallet and it' ...[text shortened]... ny if you tried to make it out to be the same wallet, just pre-empting shavs attempt at humour).
So you think that laws can be enforced with argument alone?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well clearly you do not have free speech in all contexts. The employer - employee context is one of them. Do you wish that you had free speech in all contexts? Do you believe for example that kids in schools should be allowed to say whatever they like with no negative consequences?
The USA used to have freedom of speech. Then, over time, free speech became more limited as laws were added to prevent certain free speech. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Soothfast
Are you really more free if no force of law forbids my kicking your ass, stealing your wallet, and spending your cash on hookers and weed?
You don't consider my kicking your ass, stealing your wallet, and spending your cash on hookers and weed as force against you on my part? That must be the way the liberals look at the government kicking asses, taking money, and spending it on whatever. 😏

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
31 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
So you think that laws can be enforced with argument alone?
No, of course not.

The difference is between the initiation of force, threats of force (and fraud) [[ the bad guys ]] and responding to the initiation of force, threats of force (and fraud) [[ the good guys ]].

Force is an appropriate response to the initiation of force.

You have a right to live your life free from force, threats of force and fraud. Those that do not respect your right to a life of freedom lose some of theirs.