1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '09 00:22
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]But I suppose I am really talking about the blog from which you all but lifted these unconvincing, gaseous talking points

is there any actual evidence of this? [/b]
    Right wing blogosphere is teeming with these wishy washy carping talking points.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Dec '09 17:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Right wing blogosphere is teeming with these wishy washy carping talking points.
    I don't know, I don't visit right-wing blogs.

Do you have any evidence that eljefejesus gets his ideas from right-wing blogs?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 01:04
    Do you have any evidence that eljefejesus gets his ideas from right-wing blogs?
    I didn't claim that he lifted them from far right blogs, as you will find if you read what I wrote again carefully.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 18:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    I didn't claim that he lifted them from far right blogs, as you will find if you read what I wrote again carefully.
    you implied it.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 01:40
    Originally posted by eljefejesus

4) His poll numbers are down and he is becoming even more populist in his rhetoric.
    But being populist is a GOOD thing...
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 17:46
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    But being populist is a GOOD thing...
    take sarah palin for example.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 16:00
    take sarah palin for example.
    Her populist bent isn't what brings her down--it's her ignorance.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 17:45
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Her populist bent isn't what brings her down--it's her ignorance.
    or rather a combination of the two.
  9. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 06:55
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    1: Can you link which major polling agency you're citing? Because the latest Gallup poll (albeit almost two months old) states more Americans in favor of a public option.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/123782/In-U.S.-39-Say-View-Healthcare-Depends-Details.aspx
    With respect to one of the more contentious issues being debated -- whether the plan shou ...[text shortened]... ettoric" has always been populist. Can you name a specific General he's not listening to?
    Rasmussen:

Overall, when it comes to health care decisions, 51% fear the government more than private insurance companies while 41% hold the opposite view.

2. show me the troop withdrawals

3. so like Clinton, he is keeping the promises that he intended to keep?

4. populism is appealing to the emotions of the masses, it is not respectable, and it is not constructive to the extent that it distorts the debate.

Is he decisive? Is criticizing obama not fair?
  10. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 06:59
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    A major problem for any new president is that the job is an incredibly difficult one with many unique challenges to master for which no past experience can prepare you for. You have to effectively implement legions of existing and often incomprehensible laws, you have to find a way to guide significant legislation through the 3,452,879 rules that govern t ...[text shortened]... eople from the early American Idol rounds who really think they're extremely talented.
    LOL, some interesting observations mixed with an ounce of passive aggressiveness. Nevertheless indecisiveness is not always a virtue whereas criticizing a sitting president remains a virtue. It is a hard job, sure, and criticism goes with it.
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 07:04
    [b]1) Obama does a good job of attempting moderation in pushing his legislation, namely willingness to drop the public option. Is this too much for his party to swallow? Will they accuse him of changing his positions depending on which way the political wind is blowing? Are they right?

I don't think it is a matter of changing his position "de ...[text shortened]... hould there until the place is stable, but if it doesn't work out then what can you do?[/b]
    1) I agree that it's a matter of compromise, he said he'd drop the public option to get it through, what are the Democrats pushing to get it back on for, and will it work when Obama has opposed it?

2) I also agree that it was easy to promise people what they wanted on the campaign trail and harder to implement. Where are the troop withdrawals from Iraq? I think it is worth trying to let Iraq chart more of its own course.
  12. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 07:05
    [b]4) His poll numbers are down and he is becoming even more populist in his rhetoric. Is this for the polls? Grandstanding and attacking executive pay for the sake of the polls? It is a tough position for him to be in, but he is certainly not taking the high road in leaving the companies to do what they know how to do (as with the generals in war), ...[text shortened]... ies to do what they know how to do"? you mean being greedy? is that what you're reffering to?
    Obviously not what I mean. Companies create value/wealth/income.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 08:48
    Rasmussen:

Overall, when it comes to health care decisions, 51% fear the government more than private insurance companies while 41% hold the opposite view.

2. show me the troop withdrawals

3. so like Clinton, he is keeping the promises that he intended to keep?

4. populism is appealing to the emotions of the masses, it is not respect ...[text shortened]... o the extent that it distorts the debate.

Is he decisive? Is criticizing obama not fair?
    1: I asked you to LINK us to a poll stating the public opposes a public option. Not only did you fail to provide a link - what you claim to be the content doesn't even address the issue. I asked for a poll claiming the public didn't want the government offering a public option. I did not ask for a poll claiming whether or not people want a public option for themselves. So again, link please.

2: Your reply was strawman. I said base closings are taking place. That is a precursor to withdrawing troops, I did not say the withdraw has already began.

3: I guess you suppose it's reasonable to demand a President acheive every single campaign promise before their first year in office is even complete?

4: By all means name one politician who is not populist in their rhettoric.

"Is he decisive?" In my opinion, yes.

"Is criticizing obama not fair?" The act of criticizing any politician is always fair. We can; however, disagree about whether or not specific criticisms are fair and/or accurate.

You forgot to answer which one of Obama's Generals he's not listening to.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 18:32
    Obviously not what I mean. Companies create value/wealth/income.
    Companies create value/wealth/income.

yes, by any means necessary.

Don't get me wrong, Im all for capitalism but don't kid yourself into thinking they're in it for the benefit of the people, that may be the case, but it certainly isn't their primary goal.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 18:40
    1) I agree that it's a matter of compromise, he said he'd drop the public option to get it through, what are the Democrats pushing to get it back on for, and will it work when Obama has opposed it?

2) I also agree that it was easy to promise people what they wanted on the campaign trail and harder to implement. Where are the troop withdrawals from Iraq? I think it is worth trying to let Iraq chart more of its own course.
    what are the Democrats pushing to get it back on for

because its part of their far-left agenda, they'll keep pressurizing despite the fact that such thing would never be approved by republicans or the majority of americans.

will it work when Obama has opposed it?

predictably, it won't.

I think it is worth trying to let Iraq chart more of its own course.

perhaps it is, at least in the near future.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree