1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '22 08:01
    @Metal-Brain
    It's a good thing nobody listens to your prattle anymore.
    You can type all the bullshyte you want, it goes right in one cerebellum and out the other.
    You are like a whiney child who didn't get his favorite candy.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '22 08:04
    @wildgrass
    Let's see, Reagan, Arnold Shwartzwhatever, Trump? I didn't like Reagan that much but at least he was somewhat presidential, and not a spoiled brat demanding loyalty to Trump.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Nov '22 08:101 edit
    @Kewpie

Thanks.

I might just add that most Americans did not want Trump in office the first time, and even more did not want him in office the second time. There is no reason to think that a two-time loser of the public vote is going to fare any better the third time around. The Democrats ran Adlai Stevenson twice; I think they at least learned from that mistake: don't re-run a loser.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '22 23:02
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass
    Let's see, Reagan, Arnold Shwartzwhatever, Trump? I didn't like Reagan that much but at least he was somewhat presidential, and not a spoiled brat demanding loyalty to Trump.
    Reagan pretty much ruined the middle class, was a racist corporate puppet and he did nothing about the AIDS epidemic which he treated as a joke but at least he was presidential?
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 11:18
    @zahlanzi said
    Reagan pretty much ruined the middle class, was a racist corporate puppet and he did nothing about the AIDS epidemic which he treated as a joke but at least he was presidential?
    Reagan was great at acting presidential, but was not a great president. He deregulated the banks early in his tenure, which triggered the greatest bank swindle of all time. His successor, Bush, yes the “read my lips, no new taxes Bush”, had to raise a new tax to bail out all the people who lost their life savings. The bank managers made made off with billions and were never caught. Then there was the Iran-Contra affair. And finally, he cut a deal with the Sauds: the CIA would provide weapons, intel, and money to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan if the Sauds would provide manpower. That manpower morphed into the Taliban, whom the USA later futilely tried for 20 years to drive out of Afghanistan, at horrendous loss of blood and treasure. All Reagan‘s doing. Pfui.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree