1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 09:28
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    All he has to do is show his birth certificate.
    But he HAS.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 09:32
    A press release was issued on October 31, 2008, by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino. Dr. Fukino said that she had “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.” That statement failed to resolve any of the questions being raised by litigation and press accounts.

Being “on record” could mean either that its contents are in the computer database of the department or there is an actual “vault” original.”

Further, the report does not say whether the birth certificate in the “record” is a Certification of Live Birth, Certificate of Live Birth, or a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth. In Hawaii, a Certificate of Live Birth resulting from hospital documentation, including a signature of an attending physician, is different from a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth. For births prior to 1972, a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth was the result of the uncorroborated testimony of one witness and was not generated by a hospital. Such a Certificate could be obtained up to one year from the date of the child’s birth. For that reason, its value as prima facie evidence is limited and could be overcome if any of the allegations of substantial evidence of birth outside Hawaii can be obtained.

The vault (long Version) birth certificate, per Hawaiian Statute 883.176 allows the birth in another State or another country to be registered in Hawaii. Box 7C of the vault Certificate of Live Birth contains a question, whether the birth was in Hawaii or another State or Country. Therefore, the only way to verify the exact location of birth is to review a certified copy or the original vault Certificate of Live Birth and compare the name of the hospital and the name and the signature of the doctor against the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 09:35
    A press release was issued on October 31, 2008, by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino. Dr. Fukino said that she had “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.”
    This settles it then. Well done.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 10:17
    A press release was issued on October 31, 2008, by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino. Dr. Fukino said that she had “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.” That statement failed t ...[text shortened]... against the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth.
    LOL!

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2009/09-063.pdf

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital
    records
    maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
    was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen."
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 10:29
    What was posted was not a birth certificate, but something that resembles a "Certification of Live Birth" or COLB, which, even if authentic, does not prove "natural born" U.S. citizenship. In Hawaii, a Certification of Live Birth is issued within a year of a child's birth to those who register a birth abroad or one that takes place outside a hospital. ...[text shortened]... ntice Certificate of Live Birth would be issued to someone born within the state of Hawaii.
    "or COLB" lol

Yes, it IS a birth certificate.

"It's not a birth certificate it's a CERTIFICATE of live BIRTH.

That's like me saying, "that's not the Attorney Generals' office, it's the Office of the Attorney General."
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 10:30
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    LOL!

http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2009/09-063.pdf

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, [b]have seen the original vital
    records
    maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama
    was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen."[/b]
    Where was Dr. Chiyome Fukino born?
  7. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 10:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where was Dr. Chiyome Fukino born?
    She has a Japanese name... like lots of people from Hawaii.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    She has a Japanese name... like lots of people from Hawaii.
    How do we know she's "from" Hawaii?

edit: sorry, I asked the wrong question. This one is better:

How can you make me accept she's "from" Hawaii?*

* N.B. I won't accept her birth certificate as proof. I won't accept the Hawaiian Government's statements on it. Indeed, I won't accept anything.
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 15:11
    A press release was issued on October 31, 2008, by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino. Dr. Fukino said that she had “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.” That statement failed t ...[text shortened]... against the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth.
    "The vault (long Version) birth certificate, per Hawaiian Statute 883.176 allows the birth in another State or another country to be registered in Hawaii. Box 7C of the vault Certificate of Live Birth contains a question, whether the birth was in Hawaii or another State or Country. Therefore, the only way to verify the exact location of birth is to review a certified copy or the original vault Certificate of Live Birth and compare the name of the hospital and the name and the signature of the doctor against the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth."
  10. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 15:59
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    "The vault (long Version) birth certificate, per Hawaiian Statute 883.176 allows the birth in another State or another country to be registered in Hawaii. Box 7C of the vault Certificate of Live Birth contains a question, whether the birth was in Hawaii or another State or Country. Therefore, the only way to verify the exact location of birth is to review ...[text shortened]... inst the birthing records on file at the hospital noted on the Certificate of the Live Birth."
    Except that rule wasn't in effect until 1982. Don't be sad, you got a new angle now! Obama is too young to be President.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree