1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 10:21
    The title of this thread is indeed ironic.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 10:28
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    At the moment ?
    You joined the site 10 yrs ago and haven't made a chess move in over 2yrs;
    Whats up with that ?
    i do my chess elsewhere.

i use this site to mock fundamentalist christians and fundamentalist americans.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 13:09
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are currently seven ridiculous threads on Page 1 of this forum created by one RJHinds, who is clearly to any rational person a nutter of the first order.

I suppose that by tolerating him here we're giving the rest of his contacts a break, but is that sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed? Anyone who did this on any other site ...[text shortened]... d by now.

Or am I in a minority here? Do you all enjoy watching and listening to this clown?
    You don't like someone's posts and so you want him banned?

And 4 people give the OP a thumbs up??

What's wrong with you people??

How do people live in an open western society and then think an appropriate way to deal with someone you don't like is to have the authority silence him? I don't get it.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 13:12
    Originally posted by sh76

How do people live in an open western society and then think an appropriate way to deal with someone you don't like is to have the authority silence him? I don't get it.
    I think it's clear that we live in a politically correct world where many believe that differing views are backwards and should be eliminated.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 14:17
    Originally posted by sh76

Shrug.

People don't like to be offended.

It's like the old saying, if you want to know who runs things just wait and see who you are not allowed to offend.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think it's clear that we live in a politically correct world where many believe that differing views are backwards and should be eliminated.
    They live in a bubble.

The real world is a complex and often cruel place to live.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 14:21
    It is clear RJHinds is a very disturbed and deranged individual, but he is quite harmless here. I think it is a noble act of the RHP administrators that they allow him to spew his garbage on these forums - who knows what else he will do when he is no longer allowed the opportunity?
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 16:13
    Although I do hope RJHinds gets gang raped by those he so hates and that they string his leaking corpse to a tree and use him as a pinjata.... I have to draw the line at banning him.

Just don't read his posts if you don't want your brain to melt.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 16:58
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I have to agree
    Regardless if I agree with another poster or not, I am not for this ganging up on and bullying that has been going on concerning RJHinds.

[b]Posters who rarely if ever post in this forum are suddenly here chasing down RJHinds .
    Actually by definition trolling him.

He is actually quite passive and humorous compared to ...[text shortened]... poster and trolling is not welcome here.

The title of this thread I find quite ironic.[/b]
    I agree.

For a thread titled, 'Tolerance', it falls short. I believe in the First Amendment to the US Constitution, and everyone is entitled to their say, regardless if a few people get their knickers in a twist over what he says. I'm not innocent, I've taken him to task a few times myself, but should he be silenced? No, the day that people are silenced for holding a minority opinion is the day we become lesser for it.

Paraphrasing GKR, "Is it so hard to ignore?"
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 17:29
    Originally posted by shavixmir

Just don't read his posts if you don't want your brain to melt.[/b]
    Too late.

😞
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 20:092 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I agree.

For a thread titled, 'Tolerance', it falls short. I believe in the First Amendment to the US Constitution, and everyone is entitled to their say, regardless if a few people get their knickers in a twist over what he says. I'm not innocent, I've taken him to task a few times myself, but should he be silenced? No, the day that people are silenc ...[text shortened]... rity opinion is the day we become lesser for it.

Paraphrasing GKR, "Is it so hard to ignore?"
    Americans consistently fail to balance rights with duties. The First Amendment to the US Constitution does not need to over-ride terms of service on a forum such as this and it does not apply to people who have managed to stay out of US control for the time being. If you don't like the terms of service, then as a customer you have plenty of alternatives to choose from and your rights as a US citizen (which many of us are not and never want to be) are not at all infringed. But other users have a right to see terms of service responsibly implemented and, in the case of RJHinds, that is not seen to be done.

I for one do not see the point in responding to RJHinds, since whenever I do it merely incites more of his unpleasant posts, so I have stayed away from him for very long periods of time, but I also do not like seeing him enabled to dominate so many discussions without being challenged. In respect of his more extreme and vicious opinions, I am frankly more inclined to avoid the forum altogether on account of them and that is the point of terms of service - to create an environment which encourages people to participate, not one that is polluted by a troll who seems to have a mission of making informed debate impossible or at least deeply unpleasant.

The quality of this forum is severely harmed by the lack of sensible moderation from the site owners.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 21:25
    Originally posted by finnegan
    ..But other users have a right to see terms of service responsibly implemented and, in the case of RJHinds, that is not seen to be done.

I for one do not see the point in responding to RJHinds, since whenever I do it merely incites more of his unpleasant posts, so I have stayed away from him for very long periods of time, but I also do not like seeing h ...[text shortened]... uality of this forum is severely harmed by the lack of sensible moderation from the site owners.
    Having just reread the forum posting guidelines, I would say that the majority of the hard core contributors to debates regularly overstep its boundary's.
    Ad hominem attacks and open derision are the preferred debating tools for many on this forum but are clearly in contravention of the guidelines. Also to be avoided are harassment, political ranting, defamatory comments, and trivial posting.

Let them without sin cast the first stone!
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:47
    Originally posted by quackquack
    And would you say that the majority of those people are right wing or left wing?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:50
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Americans consistently fail to balance rights with duties. The First Amendment to the US Constitution does not need to over-ride terms of service on a forum such as this and it does not apply to people who have managed to stay out of US control for the time being. If you don't like the terms of service, then as a customer you have plenty of alternatives to ...[text shortened]... uality of this forum is severely harmed by the lack of sensible moderation from the site owners.
    You are aware that some here view your views as just as extreme as those of RJHInds, yet no proposition for kicking you out.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:51
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Having just reread the forum posting guidelines, I would say that the majority of the hard core contributors to debates regularly overstep its boundary's.
    Ad hominem attacks and open derision are the preferred debating tools for many on this forum but are clearly in contravention of the guidelines. Also to be avoided are harassment, political ranting, defamatory comments, and trivial posting.

Let them without sin cast the first stone!
    Well said.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree