1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I agree.

For a thread titled, 'Tolerance', it falls short. I believe in the First Amendment to the US Constitution, and everyone is entitled to their say, regardless if a few people get their knickers in a twist over what he says. I'm not innocent, I've taken him to task a few times myself, but should he be silenced? No, the day that people are silenc ...[text shortened]... rity opinion is the day we become lesser for it.

Paraphrasing GKR, "Is it so hard to ignore?"
    Everyone is entitled to their say, unless you have a job or own a business. If you actually work you need to keep your mouth shut and fall in line.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 05:44
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Everyone is entitled to their say, unless you have a job or own a business. If you actually work you need to keep your mouth shut and fall in line.
    But you see, RJH is not my employee and so he doesn't have to do as I say.

And I'm guessing he's not your employee either.

And that's also why we made it the FIRST amendment to our Constitution, because having the inalienable right to speak your mind is THAT important, regardless of who you work for, or how they think they rule the lives of their employees.

Of course, all that being said, Russ can bounce any of us for anything we say that he thinks over-steps the boundaries he's created. It's his site. But that's also why there is a ToS statement, so that we know where these lines are drawn.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 07:15
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    So he judges them, I judge him, and now you can all judge me.
    You're on to it here Kewpie,

MATTHEW 7:1-5: "Judge not lest ye be judged"

Bollocks to that, I will judge and am prepared to be judged. Let the idiots have their rant, if RJ, zahlardi and Finnegan want to act like idiots, let them, they only expose themselves, and once exposed they can be seen and judged for what they are.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 07:23
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Americans consistently fail to balance rights with duties. The First Amendment to the US Constitution does not need to over-ride terms of service on a forum such as this and it does not apply to people who have managed to stay out of US control for the time being. If you don't like the terms of service, then as a customer you have plenty of alternatives to ...[text shortened]... uality of this forum is severely harmed by the lack of sensible moderation from the site owners.
    Let the moderators do their job?

Ha, the gall of Finnegan eh.

I suggested exactly that, if there was controversial matter being posted on the LinkedIn site it is a matter for only those parties to deal with i.e. the person who felt offended, the alleged offender and the operators of that site. For making such an innocuous point Finnegan accused me of abusing the woman 🙄
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 19:00
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Although I do hope RJHinds gets gang raped by those he so hates and that they string his leaking corpse to a tree and use him as a pinjata.... I have to draw the line at banning him.

Just don't read his posts if you don't want your brain to melt.
    I actually enjoy reading the posts of those who I most often disagree with, precisely because that is what a debate is all about. It isn't much of a debate if everyone agrees.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 22:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But you see, RJH is not my employee and so he doesn't have to do as I say.

And I'm guessing he's not your employee either.

And that's also why we made it the FIRST amendment to our Constitution, because having the inalienable right to speak your mind is THAT important, regardless of who you work for, or how they think they rule the lives of their empl ...[text shortened]... ite. But that's also why there is a ToS statement, so that we know where these lines are drawn.
    I was talking about the general statement you made, not specifically about RJ.

My comment just goes to show that we do not live in a free society with free speech. The only ones with free speech are the super rich don't need a job and the lazy worthless pieces of trash who are unwilling to work.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are currently seven ridiculous threads on Page 1 of this forum created by one RJHinds, who is clearly to any rational person a nutter of the first order.

I suppose that by tolerating him here we're giving the rest of his contacts a break, but is that sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed? Anyone who did this on any other site ...[text shortened]... d by now.

Or am I in a minority here? Do you all enjoy watching and listening to this clown?
    I found it amusing for a while to discuss matters with RJH, but he turned out to be a broken record: the same refrain gets repeated endlessly. There is no sport in it for me anymore, so I boycott his threads and posts.

Internet wisdom: don't feed the trolls.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree