1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 02:51
    There are currently seven ridiculous threads on Page 1 of this forum created by one RJHinds, who is clearly to any rational person a nutter of the first order.

I suppose that by tolerating him here we're giving the rest of his contacts a break, but is that sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed? Anyone who did this on any other site would have had his/her posting privileges revoked by now.

Or am I in a minority here? Do you all enjoy watching and listening to this clown?
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 03:11
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are currently seven ridiculous threads on Page 1 of this forum created by one RJHinds, who is clearly to any rational person a nutter of the first order.

I suppose that by tolerating him here we're giving the rest of his contacts a break, but is that sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed? Anyone who did this on any other site ...[text shortened]... d by now.

Or am I in a minority here? Do you all enjoy watching and listening to this clown?
    Agreed.Throw the clown outta here. 😠
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 03:201 edit

I suppose that by tolerating him here we're giving the rest of his contacts a break, but is that sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed? Anyone who did this on any other site ...[text shortened]... d by now.

Well...I would normally agree, except his posts are so ridiculous they do retain some minor entertainment value. The scary part though is he actually seems to believe some of this rubbish. Let us remember the serenity prayer (the part about accepting the things we cannot change) 🙂
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 03:23

To quote the marauding one, these here debate forums are what they is. Unless you can show that he is spamming threads (the only reason I've ever seen to justify a ban) the only way to deal with this genius is to starve his threads of oxygen.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 05:312 edits
    Originally posted by kmax87
    To quote the marauding one, these here debate forums are what they is. Unless you can show that he is spamming threads (the only reason I've ever seen to justify a ban) the only way to deal with this genius is to starve his threads of oxygen.
    I have to agree
    Regardless if I agree with another poster or not, I am not for this ganging up on and bullying that has been going on concerning RJHinds.

Posters who rarely if ever post in this forum are suddenly here chasing down RJHinds .
    Actually by definition trolling him.

He is actually quite passive and humorous compared to some actual "nutters" who have come through here in the debates forum in the past several years
    .And some are currently still here !

Am I calling for their ban ? No,
    I don't see the problem . He is just speaking his mind.
    Uses no profanity ,no personal attacks that I can think of, etc.

Some might not agree with his views but let him speak. These are issues he is concerned about.

Speaking for myself , nearly a exclusive debates poster for several years, unsolicited advice concerning another poster and trolling is not welcome here.

The title of this thread I find quite ironic.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 06:28

Why do you watch and listen to this clown?

How difficult is the act of ignoring?
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 07:171 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Why do you watch and listen to this clown?

How difficult is the act of ignoring?
    I think my problem here is the multiplicity of YouTube videos claiming that XXXX is a member of the LGBT fraternity. I see this group of people as human beings, I don't see them as something to be castigated/despised/treated as something unpleasant.

So he judges them, I judge him, and now you can all judge me.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 07:19
    I think my problem here is the multiplicity of YouTube videos claiming that XXXX is a member of the LGBT fraternity. I see this group of people as human beings, I don't see them as something to be castigated/despised/treated as something unpleasant.
    You deserve some kind of medal.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 07:361 edit

So he judges them, I judge him, and now you can all judge me.
    Judge him all you want.
    But saying there is "sufficient justification for not demanding that he be removed" is beyond the pale.
    Why ? Because his views differ from yours ?!

Kewpie is offended by another posters views. They must be removed !!!! 🙄
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 08:281 edit

tolerating? who is tolerating him? some are enabling him by paying him attention, even if only to tell him how stupid he is.

we have no choice in the matter. my idea would be to implement an ignore feature where you can choose to ignore all posts from a certain user
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 08:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    tolerating? who is tolerating him? some are enabling him by paying him attention, even if only to tell him how stupid he is.

we have no choice in the matter. my idea would be to implement an ignore feature where you can choose to ignore all posts from a certain user
    Wow ! That's a great idea Zahlanzi. !
    I got another great idea., how about you become a paying member of this site before you offer suggestions on how to change it .
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 08:51
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I got another great idea., how about you become a paying member of this site before you offer suggestions on how to change it .
    no thanks.

i don't like the product enough at the moment. i will wait until they implement ignore features on the forum
  13. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 08:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    no thanks.

i don't like the product enough at the moment. i will wait until they implement ignore features on the forum
    At the moment ?
    You joined the site 10 yrs ago and haven't made a chess move in over 2yrs;
    Whats up with that ?
  14. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 09:29

Unfortunately, you can't cure stupid, Kewps! 😕
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 09:57
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Just to clarify, it is your view that only subscribers can provided valid suggestions towards the potential improvement of the site?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree