Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 16:43
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44423072

Can someone please explain to me what Trump has said.

I have no bloody idea.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 16:58
    Trump thinks that other nations are taking advantage of the United States, somehow, in matters relating to trade, and through tariffs he thinks he can pressure them to stop doing so, or at least pay him a bribe to revert those tariffs.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 16:592 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

I have no bloody idea.
    Not contentious? He has to be kidding. Every western world leader hates his guts and with good reason. He is the elephant in the room, climate change denier, doesn't read, a narcissistic sociopath so he will say whatever he wants that will in his mind make people like him. That's what Narcissists do.

He NEVER does anything wrong, just ask him.
    He says crazy things like when talking to Trudeau, he suggests Canadians burned down the WH in 1812. Which is interesting since in 1812 there WAS no Canada.

Everything he says is designed to be distractions so whatever outrageous thing he says today causes media to drop the craziness of yesterday and concentrate on today. Never heard of Stormy, ask Cohen why he paid her, I don't know.

So that conveniently covers up the controversy over such things as why he never revealed his tax returns or why he is going so light on Russia.

That is the long and short of it.

There is a huge problem with the OTHER elephant, Pence. If our present yahoo gets impeached, then guess who we get as the left over POTUS, a guy who thinks we can pray away the gay....

So we will be trading a sociopath for an ideologue. What a great trade.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 17:34

I have no bloody idea.
    Neither does Trump.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 18:10
    All well and good, but has he now said there should be no tariffs and barriere in trade between the G7 nations?

Or has he said that G6 tariffs are evil and that the US will win the trade war 1000 times out of 1000?

Or did he say both?
    And what the hell does he mean?
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 18:13
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Not contentious? He has to be kidding. Every western world leader hates his guts and with good reason. He is the elephant in the room, climate change denier, doesn't read, a narcissistic sociopath so he will say whatever he wants that will in his mind make people like him. That's what Narcissists do.

He sa ...[text shortened]... pray away the gay....

Pence is Trump's poison pill.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 18:15

He sa ...[text shortened]... pray away the gay....

And Boris Johnson has said he wishes Trump was negotiating Brexit with EU.

Hilarious !!
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 20:47

He says crazy things like when talking to Trudeau, he suggests Canadians burned down the WH in 1812. Which is interesting since in 1812 there WAS no Canada.

And it wasn't burned down until 1814!
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 21:03
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    And Boris Johnson has said he wishes Trump was negotiating Brexit with EU.

Hilarious !!
    Johnson probably looking a RECORD employment, RECORD tax revenue, RECORD jobs growth ECT
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '18 23:54

I have no bloody idea.
    Why would a euro trash leftist complain about a tax?
  11. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 00:262 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I saw a thing on tv today where a small US bourbon company is going to be negatively impacted because in retaliation, Europe is putting a 25% tariff on American whiskey.

I'm thinking... well, no one promised you a rose garden, that's the way it goes when you enter into the global market. Lower your prices a little and sell to Americans. If your product is worth it you should do just fine.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 02:40
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I saw a thing on tv today where a small US bourbon company is going to be negatively impacted because in retaliation, Europe is putting a 25% tariff on American whiskey.

I'm thinking... well, no one promised you a rose garden, that's the way it goes when you enter into the global market. Lower your prices a little and sell to Americans. If your product is worth it you should do just fine.
    I think you have missed the point. 😞
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 03:24
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I’m not complaining.
    I couldn’t care less if America crashes. The sooner the bloody better.

But your president is a nutjob and this time I can’t even understand what the hell he’s babbling in about.
  14. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 05:31
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I think you have missed the point. 😞
    Admittedly, I ignored it. The only point of the OP is, some guy in Europe hates the president of the United States and claims not to understand something he said about tariffs. Since that point is completely irrelevant to anyone but the author of the OP, we might as well discuss things that matter.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 08:16
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Admittedly, I ignored it. The only point of the OP is, some guy in Europe hates the president of the United States and claims not to understand something he said about tariffs. Since that point is completely irrelevant to anyone but the author of the OP, we might as well discuss things that matter.
    Or f-off out of this thread and poison another with your right-wing fascist garbage.