1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 09:03
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Do you always just say whatever crap comes into your head without actually knowing anything about the subject. That is certainly the case here. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Not always, just most of the time. 😏
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:17
    Being gay or straight involves more than just the gender to which one is attracted.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 15:27
    Originally posted by JS357
    Being gay or straight involves more than just the gender to which one is attracted.
    Please explain.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 16:20
    Do you always just say whatever crap comes into your head without actually knowing anything about the subject. That is certainly the case here. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    It is extremely easy to make offensive comments about others, without adding anything to the discussion. Enlighten us.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 16:36
    Originally posted by vivify
    Is a transsexual who's attracted to the same gender (s)he was born as considered gay or straight?
    Transsexuals, or transgenders (I don't know which is the more accurate of descriptive term). I was under the impression that most had ambiguous body development at borth, sometime organs of both genders, Now with a quick reading of online searches, it seems the definitions have morphed into mostly feelings and self identification.

This has happened in an era where LGBT links all into a coalition, which even a decade ago could not have happened. Gays were men, Lesbians women, Bis were just freaky, and transgenders were birth defects. There appears to be a blurring of the definitions for the sake of political power.

I think before any rational discussion, the terms must be defined. What is a transsexual? Transgender? Are they the same?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 19:17
    That is quite an ignorant statement. You guys must get some kind of "special" feelings by discussing this. For a second I thought it might be one of whodey's gems.
    link to story about environmental toxins:

http://loe.org/shows/segments.html?programID=11-P13-00001&segmentID=7

Info on life experiences:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Sexual_abuse_being_a_contributing_factor_for_homosexuality
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    What legal protections do they lack?

Trannies cannot be prosecuted for having sex with consenting adults.

Trannies can marry other people of the same gender just like homosexuals.

I think Trannies have more protection in employment and public accommodation discrimination cases. Trannies can allege discrimination based on sex or gender, while single homosexuals can only allege discrimination based on sexual orientation. Discrimination based on sexual orientation is not covered in all states, while discrimination based on sex or gender is.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:29
    The discussion is here, and if she has something to add, other than the usual tripe of accusing others of ignorance or worse, just as you do, the add it.

I repeat myself quite often. I don't expect people to remember my arguments even thought they are always clear and logical.

Books are published all the time, and that is not evidence that they contain truth, or even worthwhile information.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:30
    How about a concise definition of transgender, or transsexual, or both and the difference if any between the terms?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:383 edits

12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:48
    I read your citation, and it doesn't answer my basic questions. Try again. The definitions seem to be "squishy" and conform to whatever the writer is trying to prove at the time.
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:53
    If those 32 states prohibit discrimination based on sex or gender, then transgender people do have a legal remedy for discrimination based on their transgender. I think the HRC's gripe is the 32 states do not explicitly prohibit discrimination based on transgender. But that added protection is not necessarily under my reading of the law.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 21:561 edit

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 22:00

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree