Trump hugs the 8th amendment each night under pillow

Trump hugs the 8th amendment each night under pillow

Debates

Lake Como

Moves
128d

Here it is, with comments. Sonhouse is preparing a quasi-petition on another thread as to whether this applies to Trump, or why it would not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
128d

@AverageJoe1
Right, here we go again, Trump is above the law, no matter he screwed banks and his lawyers, his architects, he still owes them millions from YEARS ago, and you without even looking at the evidence conclude he was over fined, a DOJ witch hunt, and you figure it was all at the urging of Biden.
You need to wake up and smell the covfefe.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
128d

@averagejoe1 said
Here it is, with comments. Sonhouse is preparing a quasi-petition on another thread as to whether this applies to Trump, or why it would not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Well, then, I'm sure the Trump bought and paid for Supreme Court would have no problem setting aside another amendment for Trump and Trump alone.

Lake Como

Moves
128d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Right, here we go again, Trump is above the law, no matter he screwed banks and his lawyers, his architects, he still owes them millions from YEARS ago, and you without even looking at the evidence conclude he was over fined, a DOJ witch hunt, and you figure it was all at the urging of Biden.
You need to wake up and smell the covfefe.
And YOU, turkey, need to stick to issues.
And, BTW, no one was hurt in the NYC $450B judgement case. Bankers were witnesses to attest to same.

Moves
128d

@averagejoe1 said

democrats are some dirty lowlife b astards

“The Supreme Court has held that the Excessive Fines Clause prohibits fines that are "so grossly excessive as to amount to a deprivation of property without due process of law".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
128d
1 edit

@mott-the-hoople said
democrats are some dirty lowlife b astards

“The Supreme Court has held that the Excessive Fines Clause prohibits fines that are "so grossly excessive as to amount to a deprivation of property without due process of law".
Not excessive. Suitable for the crime. Yes, I said crime.

Chickens coming home to roost.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
128d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said

And, BTW, no one was hurt in the NYC $450B judgement case. Bankers were witnesses to attest to same.
A little louder, please?

You ARE talking about the verdict, yeah?

w

Moves
128d

@suzianne said
Not excessive. Suitable for the crime. Yes, I said crime.

Chickens coming home to roost.
Trump cultists ain't good at maths.

Its just the ill-gotten portion of his gains that he has to give back. He made $350 million more than he would have if he had submitted honest books, and that with interest is $454 million. Not even a fine at all.

Moves
128d

@wildgrass said

Its just the ill-gotten portion of his gains that he has to give back. He made $350 million more than he would have if he had submitted honest books, and that with interest is $454 million. Not even a fine at all.
I guess you missed where the bankers testified this is normal business procedure, the way everyone does it. Would gladly do business with Trump again.

But you cant admit that, it would destroy your whole stupid argument 😂

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
127d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
And YOU, turkey, need to stick to issues.
The banks were denied the interest payments he would have had to pay if he had not lied his face off about value of his assets
The city taxpayers were denied the tax dollars he would have had to pay if he hadn’t lied his face off about the value of his assets
Jesus below average Joe could you be anymore economically illiterate. You are living proof of the level of stupid required to be a Trump supporter

Lake Como

Moves
127d

@suzianne said
A little louder, please?

You ARE talking about the verdict, yeah?
No, I am talking about the unreasonable amount levied on Trump. You miss issues like SHouse does. His is the first response above, and he rages about Trump......but does not mention the issue......Is the 8th amendment violated. You miss it, too. So here we go, and I haven't even had my coffee yet.

Lake Como

Moves
127d

@wildgrass said

I have never seen this information. Could you link it? Why, you could prove me wrong for a change!!! That, that this is a fair finding after all.

Lake Como

Moves
127d

@kevcvs57 said
The banks were denied the interest payments he would have had to pay if he had not lied his face off about value of his assets
The city taxpayers were denied the tax dollars he would have had to pay if he hadn’t lied his face off about the value of his assets
Jesus below average Joe could you be anymore economically illiterate. You are living proof of the level of stupid required to be a Trump supporter
I don't follow the intricate doings of Trump's life like you and Sonhouse do. I am BUSY! There are deals to be made, wrapping one up tomorrow which will cover a lot more than a college tuition. Worky worky. Shav would hate it, no time to throw darts.
But query this. Just because this cab driver who did not listen to anything in court (his judgement was pre-determined) found Trump guilty of something, does not make it so. There are vacant lots (Maralago is 20 acres oceanfront) for sale on the intracostal for $150M. Mara-lago could be worth $900M.
The judge just did not seem to factor that in. So, Trump could be innocent, little feller, and an appeals court may just determine that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.