1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '19 17:41
    He knows that is what most people think so he is repeating the myth hoping they will believe it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-lies-china-paying-tariffs-to-usa_n_5ccf8704e4b0e4d757347bda

Isn't it a scam? Perhaps this is Chinese collusion with Trump to tax each other's people who buy exports from either country. All they have to do is keep tariffs a little lower than domestic products and the people from both countries get taxed by their own governments with trade imbalances remaining mostly unchanged.
    In other words, outsourced jobs never come back and people get taxed for buying the slightly cheaper imports.

Scam.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 May '19 18:35
    @Metal-Brain

If Trump told his followers the sky is green and the grass is pink, they would be repeating that to everyone too.

Not to worry, this idiot shall pass. All we need to do now is educate his followers.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 May '19 19:44
    @mchill said
    @Metal-Brain

If Trump told his followers the sky is green and the grass is pink, they would be repeating that to everyone too.

Not to worry, this idiot shall pass. All we need to do now is educate his followers.
    That statement may be a little far fetched!!! 😉

-VR
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    06 May '19 20:48
    @mchill said
    @Metal-Brain

No, I wouldn’t believe him re a green sky....But, if he says he will make our country rich? Yeah, silly me, given his record and performance, I would believe him.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 May '19 12:20
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, I wouldn’t believe him re a green sky....But, if he says he will make our country rich? Yeah, silly me, given his record and performance, I would believe him.
    Yeah, because overthrowing a democracy in Venezuela is an America first policy. Now Trump is talking about military action/invasion. Isn't that exactly what he campaigned against?

How is war going to make our country rich? Gasoline prices are high. That doesn't help our economy. The rich are getting richer though. They are happy.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 12:22
    @Metal-Brain

High oil prices helps the economy in Oklahoma, Texas and other oil producing states.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 May '19 12:361 edit
    @eladar said
    @Metal-Brain

High oil prices helps the economy in Oklahoma, Texas and other oil producing states.
    Not much of a boon for them manufacturers who are supposed to bring all them jobs back though, or the retailers whose transport costs go up. Your gonna need some joined up thinking on this one.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 May '19 12:40
    @kevcvs57

Our economy seems to be doing alright.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 May '19 13:25
    @eladar said
    @kevcvs57

Our economy seems to be doing alright.
    It is not much better than when Obama left the White House, except for the rich. They are doing better.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 May '19 11:161 edit
    All they have to do is keep tariffs a little lower than domestic products and the people from both countries get taxed by their own governments.

With these new tariffs are prices of imports higher than domestic products? Notice how nobody asks that question on the corporate news media. That is because they don't want you to ask that question. That is how they prevent people from talking about it. Nobody talks about what they never think about.

It is a scam!
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 May '19 11:31
    @metal-brain said
    It is not much better than when Obama left the White House, except for the rich. They are doing better.
    LOL...pitiful!
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 May '19 11:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL...pitiful!
    Show me where the economy picked up at a pace better than when Obama left office. Economic data does not support your assertion.
    You should ask someone who is seeking employment if the economy is doing better. Asking someone with a job is not a good way to find out.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 May '19 11:42
    @metal-brain said
    Show me where the economy picked up at a pace better than when Obama left office. Economic data does not support your assertion.
    You should ask someone who is seeking employment if the economy is doing better. Asking someone with a job is not a good way to find out.
    LOL...are you serious?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/04/05/trumps-economy-keeps-humming-manufacturing-adding-more-jobs-than-government-reversing-obama-trend/#28aaee891eb7
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 May '19 11:50
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL...are you serious?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/04/05/trumps-economy-keeps-humming-manufacturing-adding-more-jobs-than-government-reversing-obama-trend/#28aaee891eb7
    What trend was reversed? The official unemployment rate remained unchanged at 3.8%.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us-trade-deficit-jumps-to-10-year-high-in-2018

The tariffs must be too low, right? If they were high enough we would be getting the desired result, not the opposite result. It is a scam!
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 May '19 00:56
    Larry Kudlow Admits U.S. Will Pay Tariffs On Chinese Goods, Contradicting Trump

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/larry-kudlow-trump-china-tariffs_n_5cd84758e4b0796a95dd9ee9

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree