Moves
    27 Aug '17 02:48
    Obama pardoned the Drug dealers.

That's about it in a NUT shell.
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 04:14
    Made my day. Plus I can buy all the guns I want in Az. Happy days.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 09:271 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey

The sheriff ignored federal law and racially profiled people to stop and arrest them. He thought himself above the law. He claimed ignorance and then tried to blame his underlings. Conclusion. Arrogant douche that should be made to wear pink underwear and live in a tent in the Arizona desert. Suddenly he doesn't seem so tough.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:071 edit

There are lots of ways to demonstrate racism in sentencing. In 2010, in the USA, the chances of being in prison were 450 per 100,000 if your were White, 831 per 100,000 if you were Hispanic, 2,306 if you were Black.

The statistics alone should make you question what is happening. They are fkg astonishing.

Looking through Obama's pardons, take this one example from a quick Google:

Alabama

Jesse Daniel Burgher, aka Jessie Burgher – Montgomery, AL
    Offense: Possession with intent to distribute at least 100 kilograms of marijuana (Southern District of Florida)
    Sentence: 60 months’ imprisonment; four years’ supervised release (September 8, 1989)

Assuming the crime was even committed, which is often not the case, five years in prison followed by four years supervision (which is a massive curtailment of civil rights in itself) for possession of a weed known to be harmless and often beneficial and which a huge proportion of the population would prefer to see decriminalised.

That is a vastly disproportionate sentence and as such patently unjust.

I know NOBODY of my generation who has not smoked weed. NOBODY.

Not only is there evidence of Black and minority ethinic groups being victimised by the justice (???) system in the USA, but Sheriff Arpaio was convicted of precisely such injustice, abusing his public office to criminalise innocent Americans.

If you cannot see the difference, that reflects on you very badly indeed.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:16
    Obama pardoned VICTIMS of injustice.

Trump pardoned a convicted PERPETRATOR of injustice
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:18
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    [b]There are lots of ways to demonstrate racism in sentencing. In 2010, in the USA, the chances of being in prison were 450 per 100,000 if your were White, 831 per 100,000 if you were Hispanic, 2,306 if you were Black.

The statistics alone should make you question what is happening. They are fkg astonishing.
    So the only answer is racism?

So law enforcement and the judicial system is racist?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:19

Assuming the crime was even committed, which is often not the case,
    Where is your evidence for that?

Are you suggesting that the US is now a racist police state that actively seeks to imprison those of color?
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:21

Are you suggesting that the US is now a racist police state that actively seeks to imprison those of color?
    Yes. It is well documented.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:22
    Yes. It is well documented.
    Where is it documented?
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:32
    Where is it documented?
    Well you might start by looking up the crimes of Sheriff Arpaio
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:351 edit
    Well you might start by looking up the crimes of Sheriff Arpaio
    I'm asking you for this evidence. I would assume you can provide it easily since your mind is already made up.

So what are the chances that black families without dads have anything to do with the higher rates of arrest in the black community coupled with the increased rates of poverty? The drug culture in these places don't help either.

Let me guess, it has NOTHING to do with it right? Every ill in society can be traced to racism and global warming.

As for Hispanics, an open border helps criminals and violent gangs to come to the US.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:46

we will never know if you are a troll or simply a racist retard. Any one of your stories taken individually would label you the latter, but there are so many stories you run here and they are all so hilariously retarded that i just can't accept someone this retarded existing.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:52
    I'm asking you for this evidence. I would assume you can provide it easily since your mind is already made up.

So what are the chances that black families without dads have anything to do with the higher rates of arrest in the black community coupled with the increased rates of poverty? The drug culture in these places don't help either.

Let me guess ...[text shortened]... arming.

As for Hispanics, an open border helps criminals and violent gangs to come to the US.
    I gave you an example of excessively harsh sentence for possessing marijuana. That excessive sentence is not explicable by looking into the life history of the Black victim. It requires you to look into the life history of the White judge and the system that imposed such an excessive penalty.

Drug culture in Black communities is not necessarily much different to that in white communities. Have you never noticed how many references to drugs are made by celebrities in our media? Are you unaware of the culture of coke sniffing among white collar workers in pressure jobs? What is different is the law enforcement.

Worried about families without dads? So what impact do you imagine arises from the astonishing extent to which young Black men are incarcerated in the USA? That's where the fkg missing dads are you jerk. Either in prison, or released and unemployable.

This is what is known as "bad faith" challenging. You demand that, in order to make my point, I replicate an entire industry of academic research investigating an endless plethora of issues surrounding an entire social and legal system.

There is no level of evidence that you would accept without throwing up further nonsensical distractions.

The sort of sources that produce the relevant evidence will, in any case, be dismissed out of hand as not the type of source you are willing to believe.

Let's say I cited Angela Davis as my key witness. She has written about the injustices and racism of the US prison system since the Sixties; her own experience of oppressive mistreatment by the forces of law and order are legendary and add to her personal credibility; she has a respected position in academic research. You would not wish to hear from Angela Davis but if you did, I recommend you start with her classic - very old now - collection of essays: "If They Come in the Morning... Voices of Resistance."

If you will not hear from someone like Angela Davis, who lives inside the culture you [don't] want to understand, then who will you hear from? Trump? Bannon? Pence??

I do not have to convince you. I simply have to state my disagreement.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 10:58

Arpaio was convicted for that very thing, whodey. No doubt you believe that it was just a crusade of a leftist judiciary.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 11:341 edit
    [b]I gave you an example of excessively harsh sentence for possessing marijuana. That excessive sentence is not explicable by looking into the life history of the Black victim. It requires you to look into the life history of the White judge and the system that imposed such an excessive penalty.
    Excessive penalty? Was It a lawful penalty or was it not?

Here we go again, we have a statist championing an ever larger government as they pass thousands of new laws and regulations every year distancing yourself from some of these laws as "unjust". So we should then just ignore them instead of repeal or changing them, much like Obama did signing Executive Orders that ran contrary to illegal immigration laws on the books because he viewed them as "unjust".

The whole argument of the perception of what is unjust about a law is far different than following the laws. Did the sheriff follow the laws? That is the only question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree