1. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 02:55
    @wolfgang59 said
    Why?
    I read about $50,000 of damage in Portland so far.
    That is pretty peaceful if you compare with historical demonstrtaions around the world.

YOU CANNOT GO SHOOTING PEACEFUL PROTESTERS IN THE HEAD
    Property damage in Portland is 5 million and going up every night.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/07/city-multnomah-county-detail-violence-cost-of-repairs-damage-in-response-to-dont-shoot-portlands-motion-to-restrict-tear-gas-less-lethal-weapons.html
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 03:01
    @dood111 said
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/07/city-multnomah-county-detail-violence-cost-of-repairs-damage-in-response-to-dont-shoot-portlands-motion-to-restrict-tear-gas-less-lethal-weapons.html
    Oh yes, let's definitely send in federal stormtroopers and shred the US Constitution over $5 million in property damage.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 03:03
    @dood111 said
    Meanwhile Trump's golf outings could cost US taxpayers 68 times that $5 million:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/10/trumps-golf-trips-could-cost-taxpayers-over-340-million/#3a0f49ae28aa

Maybe taxpayers should be storming the White House.
  4. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 03:12
    @soothfast said
    Oh yes, let's definitely send in federal stormtroopers and shred the US Constitution over $5 million in property damage.
    Nobody has shred the constitution, the federal agents are protecting federal .city and private property .
    These are not protesters, they are criminals with no end in sight to the damage they are doing, not just to property, but to people they are attacking.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 03:212 edits
    @dood111 said
    Nobody has shred the constitution, the federal agents are protecting federal .city and private property .
    These are not protesters, they are criminals with no end in sight to the damage they are doing, not just to property, but to people they are attacking.
    Protecting buildings requires unmarked vans and uniforms, and violating people's constitutional rights? Can you explain why this is, oh wise one?

You've missed the point that people are being kidnapped without cause.

It's mind-boggling to me, how people who profess to be all for freedom turn a blind eye to the real threats to liberty. It's called brainwashing for a reason, and you're simply brainwashed.

There's no end in sight to the pandemic, either. Is Dear Leader going to lend some help, or at least get out of the way? Oh, but the "concern" for monuments and graffiti on buildings trumps people dying by the thousands per week for want of a coordinated federal effort to contain a mindless virus.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 03:37
    @dood111 said
    Well, after 50 nights in a row of riots SOMETHING had to be done, and the weak spineless governor and mayor weren't doing anything.
    Sending in the shock troops isn't "doing something".
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:33
    @soothfast said
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53453077

In Portland, Oregon, federal goons in camouflage without identifying insignia are cruising around in unmarked rental vans and seizing people off the street at random. Both the mayor of Portland and the governor of Oregon have demanded that they leave, but the extrajudicial kidnappings continue, along with illegal tear ga ...[text shortened]... tting his (proverbial) bunker out of reach, he may decide instead to forge on and start a civil war.
    That’s not frightening in the least... (sarcasm... just in case Americans don’t pick up on it).

My God.
    What the hell’s happening over there??
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:34
    @dood111 said
    Well, after 50 nights in a row of riots SOMETHING had to be done, and the weak spineless governor and mayor weren't doing anything.
    You think using unidentifiable agents to abduct people is the answer???

You do realise that the police identify themselves for a reason?
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:40
    @dood111 said
    So, justified you say.
    How much money does Amazon cheat the US tax collection for?
    How much money do trailer parks cost the US tax payer (policing, unemployment benefits, etc.).

Should gangs of unidentified people show up and drag them all off as well?

I hear a lot from the US right on deep state and new world orders and the right to protect yourself from invasive government... well... it’s happening. Right in front of your nose.

And what do you do? You get down on all fours and beg them to take you.

Pathetic.
    If you don’t fit the picture, have yourself removed. And you, sir, are not the person deciding who fits the picture or not.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:502 edits
    @shavixmir said
    So, justified you say.
    How much money does Amazon cheat the US tax collection for?
    How much money do trailer parks cost the US tax payer (policing, unemployment benefits, etc.).

Should gangs of unidentified people show up and drag them all off as well?

I hear a lot from the US right on deep state and new world orders and the right to protect yourself from invasive g ...[text shortened]... cture, have yourself removed. And you, sir, are not the person deciding who fits the picture or not.
    I do remember, back in the 1990s, there was this rightwing paranoiac narrative skirting the boundaries of madness concerning unmarked black helicopters. United Nations something something Martian invasion blah blah Illuminati gonna git our gunz and bibles etc. etc. Not sure what it was about, but the main point was that government authority was baaa-a-a-a-a-aaad.

I guess what they meant was that government authority was bad until it was in their grasp. Now it's okay. And all the helicopters will be painted white.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 05:00
    @soothfast said
    I do remember, back in the 1990s, there was this rightwing paranoiac narrative skirting the boundaries of madness concerning unmarked black helicopters. United Nations something something Martian invasion blah blah Illuminati gonna git our gunz and bibles etc. etc. Not sure what it was about, but the main point was that government authority was baaa-a-a-a-a-aaad.

I gue ...[text shortened]... was bad until it was in their grasp. Now it's okay. And all the helicopters will be painted white.
    Exactly.

The right seems to oppose government interfering in this way when the goals are paranoid conspiracies. But roll over and accept that exact behaviour when they think it fits their goals.

That has been seen in history before.

"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

- Friedrich Niemöller -
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 06:56
    @shavixmir said
    "They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 06:58
    @dood111 said
    I'll concede I was wrong.

$5million ... then it's OK to shoot a peaceful protester in the head.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 07:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    I'll concede I was wrong.

$5million ... then it's OK to shoot a peaceful protester in the head.
    In this cracker barrel of a thread, you maybe should put out a disclaimer that you're being sarcastic or you'll get twenty thumbs up from the insane right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree