1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:30
    @lundos said
    Of course, Trump waited until he could use the wall as a political talking point (again). While he know how to saber (gun) rattle and get people riled up no matter what he says, this must be their (those who made Trump run) backup plan - a combination of fear mongering and blame the other guy. And why not? It's been working for 20+ years.

There's nothing the Democrats 'mus ...[text shortened]... Big Business?

Trump is the swamp. Or evolved into something worse. A new type of swamp monster.
    Never heard of Drug Cartels?

Since they bring in sooo much money and cannot be taxed, they rule the roost in terms of power and money in their part of the world. They have their own little armies and with great influence in governments around the world.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:32
    @whodey said
    [youtube]KWcmZ8hozvU[/youtube]

I've heard rebuttals that most drugs come across ports of entry into the US and that the wall would do nothing about it.

So if they know the drugs are there, then why don't they stop them? That makes zero sense to me. 300 American die every day and it's damn time for a change.

IT"S TIME FOR THE WALL!
    They will dig under it.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:40
    @whodey said

Since they bring in sooo much money and cannot be taxed, they rule the roost in terms of power and money in their part of the world. They have their own little armies and with great influence in governments around the world.
    Of course I have.

Their part of the world aren't the US presidency.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 16:181 edit
    @eye-of-horus said
    They know the drugs are there based on the law of averages. Not all vehicles will be searched so some drugs get through. You cant possibly search every vehicle.
    They dont know the drugs are there they just assume that not all can be caught.

The wall would help i believe.
    If you watched the Tom Cruise movie, American Pilot, about Barry Seal, a TWA commercial pilot, who ends up flying drugs for the Medellin Cartel, while the CIA turn a blind eye.
    Before he was killed, because he turned DEA informer, Barry Seal made $1.3 million dollars per flight.

The point is, drugs into America is an industrial scale activity. If you really believe the volume of drugs required to supply the commerical demand of that trade can be satisfied by stragglers hiding a package or two in a border crossing then I think your belief in the power of the individual needs some recalibration.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:21
    @whodey said
    [youtube]KWcmZ8hozvU[/youtube]

I've heard rebuttals that most drugs come across ports of entry into the US and that the wall would do nothing about it.

So if they know the drugs are there, then why don't they stop them? That makes zero sense to me. 300 American die every day and it's damn time for a change.

IT"S TIME FOR THE WALL!
    Educate people about the dangers of drugs, provide less harmful alternatives, and cut off the supply of legal opioids through pill mills.

No opioid crisis in Western Europe at all. No walls either.
  6. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 18:22
    @ponderable said
    German Democratic Republik?
    Israel?
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 18:23
    @whodey said

And the CIA slush fund.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 19:26
    @whodey said
    Well if it takes to long to search vehicles then shut it down!

I have come to the realization that the US is at war with Mexico. Think about it, 300 people a day die from drug, 90% of which, come across the border. In one year, that is more people that died in Vietnam, or did you not care about them either?

No, pretty much every American now knows someone personally wh ...[text shortened]... death penalty for anyone caught trying to smuggle drugs that are killing 300 people a day in the US.
    2nd amendment kills about 300 people a day.
    Is that what you are talking about ?

Let's cut the crap.
    To a lot of people, the wall will keep out the brown skinned people.
    The criminals will find a way in.

Sandy Hook, Las Vegas massacre and numerous mass shootings.
    No national emergency !!

Trump's tough guy image on the line ?
    National emergency !!

Pretty much sums it up.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 19:29
    @whodey said
    All good points.

Why did Trump wait for the Dims to take power, knowing that they could in no way do anything he wants due to the Trump hatred. In fact, politically, the MUST oppose everything he does to make sure that everything he does fails.

My guess is that both parties are in the back pockets of the drug cartels. Trump knew that this issue is a winning issue be ...[text shortened]... ign where he can sit back and blame both parties. People will eat it up! Trump against the Swamp!
    What exactly is the swamp ?
    Someone please explain it !!
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 19:46
    @mghrn55 said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state_in_the_United_States
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 20:15
    @whodey said
    So let me get this straight, 300 people dying a day is not enough incentive to search every vehicle?

What would be an incentive then?
    They DO stop the majority of the drugs coming in but stuff still gets through. Besides, the deaths are coming from our own drug industry no cartels.
    Opiods are the real death bringers and that is 100% American made, greed and lobbyists making sure laws allow near uncontrolled sales of opiods by bogus doctors and a fake pharm outfit next door, just go in, get your script, go next door and get a hundred pills. THAT is the real problem. But of course that doesn't help your buddy Trump and your position so you will undoubtedly just reject all that as fake news. BTW, the "4000'' terrorists coming into the country as Sanders said on Fox the other day, are coming in through airports and they get caught for the most part. So much for THAT lie, all of them coming from Mexico. Bullshyte.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:17
    @eye-of-horus said
    @Suzianne
    Hottest avatar ever.
    Its not you. You liar.
    #avatarlies
    Your eye is blind.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 08:06
    @mghrn55 said
    Whodey never has gotten this right. Trump himself, his hangers-on, his toadies and supporters ARE the Swamp™.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 08:11
    @ponderable said
    German Democratic Republik?
    Only in Berlin.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 20:221 edit
    "It's funny how a big lie can make us all kids again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=h1D2ynASqe4

An episode of the 1950s western TV series 'Trackdown' featured a snake oil salesman named 'Trump' who promised to build a wall in order to prevent the end of the world.

Rating

True

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trackdown-trump-character-wall/

"You're under arrest, Trump".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree