1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 08:52
    Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?
    No - it's Trump's lawyer explaining his
    decision that Trump should not give evidence.

🙄
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 09:36
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    [b]Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?

🙄[/b]
    Exactly! Trump's list of alternative facts:
    War is Peace
    Ignorance is Strength
    Truth is not Truth

George is saying "I told ya so!"
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 10:32
    [b]Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?

🙄[/b]
    ask Gen Flynn about this.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 11:06
    [b]Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?

🙄[/b]
    why are people still paying attention to that senile imbecile.

His entire and sole purpose is to get people to talk about his latest dumbass thing he said. To distract from whatever else Trump is trying to do to enrich himself or his buddies. You think trump really doesn't have any competent lawyers? at least mediocre lawyers? and yet it's this retard's face we see on tv, why do you think that is?
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 12:04
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

His entire and sole purpose is to get people to talk about his latest dumbass thing he said. To distract from whatever else Trump is trying to do to enrich himself or his buddies. You think trump really doesn't have any competent lawyers? at least mediocre lawyers? and yet it's this retard's face we see on tv, why do you think that is?
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but what's his game then? What's all the staging, misdirection and ignorant blather trying to cover up?
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

"His entire and sole purpose is to get people to talk about his latest dumbass thing he said. To distract from whatever else Trump is trying to do to enrich himself or his buddies"

shhhh! I think he is going to sell putin our uranium.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 14:51
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but what's his game then? What's all the staging, misdirection and ignorant blather trying to cover up?
    Flooding the public with misinformation. Tiring the public. Filling the system with so much ridicule in the hopes that people who would never vote for him would stay home in disgust of the process instead of voting, that they would not participate in the process.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 16:02
    [b]Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?

🙄[/b]
    "Perjury trap" they call it. I love that phrase. It's like Jeffrey Dahmer calling his victims "murder traps."
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Aug '18 21:19
    [b]Truth isn't Truth
    Doublespeak from 1984?

🙄[/b]
    Trump always hires "the best people" 🙄
  10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 00:51
    Is this full-page circle jerk all because of some gaffe by an old man? Sorry he didn't word it correctly, but it says much that you would focus on the gaffe rather than the message itself. What sane president would willfully plop down in front of a seething partisan 'special counsel' with unlimited resources, virtually unlimited power, and a desperate obsession with pinning something on him. I suppose you all agree then, if, let's say, a special group hired by Trump demands YOU submit to intense interrogation, you should always do it with a smile, because otherwise you have something to hide.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 00:53
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Is this full-page circle jerk all because of some gaffe by an old man? Sorry he didn't word it correctly, but it says much that you would focus on the gaffe rather than the message itself. What sane president would willfully plop down in front of a seething partisan 'special counsel' with unlimited resources, virtually unlimited power, and a desperate ...[text shortened]... terrogation, you should always do it with a smile, because otherwise you have something to hide.
    Did you feel the same way in 1998 when Bill Clinton did exactly that?
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Did you feel the same way in 1998 when Bill Clinton did exactly that?
    I wasn't paying much attention back then, but I can safely say if I were fully aware of his situation, I would have strongly urged Clinton to resist.

edit: Following your lead, isn't this a case of Republicans learning from Clinton's mistake, and Democrats wanting revenge?
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:181 edit
    Let's play gaffe wars. You get Giuliani and we get Maxine Waters. No wait... Pelosi!
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:25
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I wasn't paying much attention back then, but I can safely say if I were fully aware of his situation, I would have strongly urged Clinton to resist.

edit: Following your lead, isn't this a case of Republicans learning from Clinton's mistake, and Democrats wanting revenge?
    No, it isn't. The Democrats didn't create Russian interference with the 2016 election nor Trump campaign cooperation with it.

I never thought there was ever much chance that the Donald would willingly testify. It appears that he and his team have been trying to delay the investigation by suggesting he might thus hoping Mueller might wait until after the November elections before filing further indictments and/or his report.

I don't think it is going to work.
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '18 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    No, it isn't. The Democrats didn't create Russian interference with the 2016 election nor Trump campaign cooperation with it.

I never thought there was ever much chance that the Donald would willingly testify. It appears that he and his team have been trying to delay the investigation by suggesting he might thus hoping Mueller might wait until after ...[text shortened]... tions before filing further indictments and/or his report.

I don't think it is going to work.
    Just about every single word of what you just said is the 180 degree opposite from what I'm hearing. Granted, I don't read the NYT or watch CNN and MSNBC.

Mueller et al would clearly benefit from a prolonged investigation so the situation can be used as political fodder during the elections. That is, unless they have something on Trump in which case it would have leaked by now, or alternatively, Mueller would have submitted his report. Instead they are desperate to get Trump under oath where all it takes is for him to contradict sworn testimony by anyone else, and he can be deemed guilty of perjury. Their desperation indicates they don't have enough to do any significant damage to the presidency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree