Two-State Solution??

Two-State Solution??

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Pepperland

Moves
15 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by sh76
If by "take advantage of" you mean "start negotiations" and by "perceived weakness in Obama" you mean "act in what he perceives as the best interests of his county," then I'm sure the answer is yes.
He could try to get the palestinians to be in a bad position, it wouldn't be the first time.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by zeeblebot
that doesn't quite pan out. just because the two statements could both be true does not mean they are identical.
My point was that in negotiations, you take whatever position you think will help your cause. Taking advantage of Obama's weakness is a loaded phrase that sounds sinister and underhanded.

g

Pepperland

Moves
15 Jun 09

My point was that in negotiations, you take whatever position you think will help your cause. Taking advantage of Obama's weakness is a loaded phrase that sounds sinister and underhanded.
you take whatever position you think will help your cause.

as well as take any position that will damage the other guy's cause.

silicon valley

Moves
15 Jun 09

nobody could blame him for taking advantage. if his hands get burned, it's his own fault. but we can blame obama, because we employ him.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
15 Jun 09

the sooner they all nuke each other the sooner the rest of the world can live in peace

s

At the Revolution

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
"Tell us what we wanna hear, or we'll start launching rockets" ?
Let my people go.

g

Pepperland

Moves
16 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Let my people go.
go where?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
16 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
go where?
Ever heard of the Palestinian right of return?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Jun 09

Ever heard of the Palestinian right of return?
After they give me back my grandfather's apartment in Berlin, we'll talk about that.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
16 Jun 09

After they give me back my grandfather's apartment in Berlin, we'll talk about that.
I support the right of your grandfather (I'm assuming he's Jewish, Communist, or homosexual) to return home.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Jun 09

I support the right of your grandfather (I'm assuming he's Jewish, Communist, or homosexual) to return home.
Okay; great. He's dead. But, I'll be expecting my rent checks in the mail as administrator of his estate.

Now let's work on the Spanish giving back the lands to the Jews expelled during the Inquisition.

Then, maybe we can work on giving the Native Americans back New York City.

Maybe Australia can give the country back to the aborigines

Canada to the eskimos

East Prussia to the Germans

Upper Harlem back to the whites who moved out in the 1930s due to increased crime

Lower Harlem back to the blacks who were forced out by increased pricing because of re-gentrification and Columbia University students.

The guy who I sold my house to should give me back my house because I was "forced" out by changes to the neighborhood

France back to the French

Africa back to the cavemen from the Geico commercials since that's who inhabited the continent originally.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but let's get started cleaning up this mess!

s

At the Revolution

Moves
16 Jun 09

Okay; great. He's dead. But, I'll be expecting my rent checks in the mail as administrator of his estate.

Now let's work on the Spanish giving back the lands to the Jews expelled during the Inquisition.

Canada to th ...[text shortened]... originally.

Palestinians aren't in charge of Germany, unfortunately. Can't help you there, though I do want to.

Spain belongs to the Spanish. Unless we're talking about the Basque or Catalonia.

Ideologically a good thing, although it's been too long.

Great.

Canada to the eskimos

See my comment about NYC.

East Prussia to the Germans

OK.

Upper Harlem back to the whites who moved out in the 1930s due to increased crime

God, you're racist.

Lower Harlem back to the blacks who were forced out by increased pricing because of re-gentrification and Columbia University students.

Oh, never mind.

The guy who I sold my house to should give me back my house because I was "forced" out by changes to the neighborhood

Neg the previous comment.

France back to the French

France is unworthy of the French occupation.

Africa back to the cavemen from the Geico commercials since that's who inhabited the continent originally.

Yeah, except none of those exist anymore.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jun 09

Canada to th ...[text shortened]... originally.

The continued, stubborn refusal to admit that the creation of a Zionist state foisted on the majority of Palestinian people was a wrong that needs to be compensated for remains an impediment to the settlement of the problem.

Your post is disingenuous or willfully ignorant.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
16 Jun 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
The continued, stubborn refusal to admit that the creation of a Zionist state foisted on the majority of Palestinian people was a wrong that needs to be compensated for remains an impediment to the settlement of the problem.

My post was mostly an attempt to be funny.

Incidentally, my moving out of the neighborhood had absolutely nothing to do with race. The neighborhood changed from primarily whites to primarily different whites.

Compensation? Fine. I agree to that. Let's figure out what's fair and make it part of an over-all settlement. Giving every Palestinian back the house his grandfather had in 1946? Impractical and at odds with what's always been done in these sorts of situations.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
16 Jun 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
To paraphrase a quote I wrote, "Just because you've neatly tagged it, didn't undo the processes of historical land dispossession that make the State of Israel par for the course"