Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by AppleChess
    What is the matter with you?

Ever heard of confidentiality? I have military information and knowledge of events that happened that won't become public until after my death (unless I intend to make it to over 100 years old-which I hope I don't).

Something is seriously wrong with you. I can assure you I don't think Africa is a country. It's a continent. I am not going to stoop to your tactics.
    If you really were in the military then hats off to you but parading it around on a
    chess chat forum is not going to impress anyone because it could be all BS. Take
    RJHinds for instance - he worked in Military Intelligence at the White House. He
    decided what information the President read or not ..... 🙄

edit: I'm not really a teacher - I clean the toilets at Liberty University.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 01:21

This post is unavailable.

4. Joined
    18 Apr '15
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 01:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Those who pulled the triggers and in any way and shape aided or allowed it should all be tried as war criminals. We do not slaughter civilians.

I have prosecuted Soldiers for war crimes. An officer sets the moral drumbeat of his unit.

I do not necessarily believe President Johnson or General Westmoreland should be prosecuted. It depends on if they had full knowledge of what was going on, commanded it or allowed it. This analogy is similar to me as a CPT not being prosecuted for a crime a private commits under my command but without my knowledge or consent.

However, if you are attempting to bridge the gap between what I just said about President Johnson and General Westmoreland and President Obama...President Obama has long micro managed to the detriment of the military ROE and critical missions over certain assets. He has with his policies also openly denied critical training, assets, and equipment.

He didn't bat an eye as we had an Ambassador murdered. He did many similar acts particularly with Ranger Units and Special Forces. I'm not familiar enough with President Johnson's administration or the history of it to say he should have been prosecuted. If he knew, he should have been. Obama knows and has released information detrimental to the war effort. That is treason.

Releasing sensitive information to the enemy is treason for any commander no matter the level, including the commander in chief.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '15 02:192 edits

This post is unavailable.

6. Joined
    18 Apr '15
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 04:58
    Yes, the request for Spectre gunships was denied by the Obama administration.

General MacArthur was wrong, yes. But this is not to say Generals are always wrong. More often then not, they are right as it is their field of expertise
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 10:48
    Originally posted by AppleChess
    No, I can't give you details.
    Details for all official, legal USA murder-squad actions in Africa are public knowledge. You cannot give details. That means that either you took part in yet another illegal raid by the USA on another country, or you were a mercenary for a warlord. Either way you don't come out looking good.

As for Obama, he's not entirely wrong but he's not nearly right, either. All he has done is repair a small amount of the damage Reagan and the Bushes have done to your country's reputation, and done some damage himself. All in all his influence on the respect we have for your country is positive, but slight. *Shrug* Still better than massively negative, eh Cheney?
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '15
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 03:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Details for all official, legal USA murder-squad actions in Africa are public knowledge. You cannot give details. That means that either you took part in yet another illegal raid by the USA on another country, or you were a mercenary for a warlord. Either way you don't come out looking good.

As for Obama, he's not entirely wrong but he' ...[text shortened]... r your country is positive, but slight. *Shrug* Still better than massively negative, eh Cheney?
    Interesting spin of details to conclude these were 'legal USA murder-squad actions'.

Official details will be known, however there are dozens of missions completed each day and thousands per year that are 'unofficially sanctioned'. Yet, these are by no means illegal. In fact, most softening of targets are unofficially sanctioned or known only by a few participants. They are not public knowledge.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jun '15 20:32
    MacArthur was a loose cannon and his insistence on invading the Philippines in 1944 added months and thousands of casualties to war all in the name of his own vanity. the Navy commanders suggested bypassing the Philippines, which was the better military strategy.

To Truman's credit he recognized this in MacArthur even though FDR did not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree