1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 08:07
    ...but we still overspend on the military. What are conservatives trying to conserve?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/national-debt-tops-22-trillion-first-time-ever/2849978002/
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 08:45
    I never know what to say about this because I don't properly know how debt actually interacts with reality on these levels.

And every explanation I get that is common sense oriented always seems to just confuse me more.

I'm very open to people persuading me of their opinion on this.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:32
    @Metal-Brain
    The whole deal with the tax plan of our insane POTUS was designed for one thing: They KNEW the ND would rise to 22 or more, they didn't give a shyte.
    The real goal was to say 'since the ND is going through the roof (through no fault of our own), the only way we can deal with this is to cut entitlements, run SS into the ground, kill medicare and such but simultaneously give away trillions to corporate America and now the common folk are finding the tax cut was in fact not for them, most of them paying higher taxes.
    The most cynical anti-American plan ever devised by those sickos.
    Like the cynical bastards saying we will protect pre-existing conditions clauses in the ACA but at the same time coming out with dozens of lawsuits to kill that exact same thing.
    The bottom line is the old man party of Republicans have one thing on their so-called minds, continuing in power no matter the cost to the country.
    Suck up to corporations so they will continue the infinite money flow for re-elections and gerrymandering voting suppression to ensure their continued throat hold on American citizens whom they could give a shyte about.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:37
    @Philokalia
    Here is the bottom line: the INTEREST on those loans come due every year even if we can't draw down the principle.
    So that means a half trillion comes out of our budget before ANYTHING else is paid.
    The higher the ND, the larger just the INTEREST payment becomes.
    The ND is on its way to become 30 trillion in a few years and if this trend is not countered, can reach 50 trillion or more. At that point the INTEREST is a trillion a year.
    The real deal is that was a cynical effort of the tax plan of Trump and company, see my last post on that.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 16:33
    @metal-brain said
    ...but we still overspend on the military. What are conservatives trying to conserve?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/12/national-debt-tops-22-trillion-first-time-ever/2849978002/
    No worries, marauder assures me that should not be concerned about the debt, making plenty of room for the expensive Green New Deal.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 18:22
    @metal-brain said

Freedom......Liberty
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 18:45
    @whodey
    You are one sick cynical bastard. Do you remember the crap Trump was saying during his campaign? Lower the ND, not raise it. You act like that is no big deal but by 2022 the INTEREST will be one TRILLION a year. I guess you can't process numbers that high. So all you have is to resort to sarcasm.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 09:47
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    The whole deal with the tax plan of our insane POTUS was designed for one thing: They KNEW the ND would rise to 22 or more, they didn't give a shyte.
    The real goal was to say 'since the ND is going through the roof (through no fault of our own), the only way we can deal with this is to cut entitlements, run SS into the ground, kill medicare and such but simul ...[text shortened]... ssion to ensure their continued throat hold on American citizens whom they could give a shyte about.
    Anyone recall what the debt was before and after Obama's terms?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:50
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    The real goal was to say 'since the ND is going through the roof (through no fault of our own), the only way we can deal with this is to cut entitlements, run SS into the ground, kill medicare and such but simul ...[text shortened]... ssion to ensure their continued throat hold on American citizens whom they could give a shyte about.
    What about all the POTUS before him? They didn't give a crap either.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:54
    @sonhouse said
    @Philokalia
    Here is the bottom line: the INTEREST on those loans come due every year even if we can't draw down the principle.
    So that means a half trillion comes out of our budget before ANYTHING else is paid.
    The higher the ND, the larger just the INTEREST payment becomes.
    The ND is on its way to become 30 trillion in a few years and if this trend is not countered, ca ...[text shortened]... al deal is that was a cynical effort of the tax plan of Trump and company, see my last post on that.
    That is why the elites are pushing a carbon tax with AGW propaganda. That way the interest still gets paid and the corporate news media can keep ignoring the debt until most Americans are in inescapable economic slavery.

They have it all planned out. Do you?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:07
    @Metal-Brain
    Yeah, my golden parachute happens when I die.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:231 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @whodey
    You are one sick cynical bastard. Do you remember the crap Trump was saying during his campaign? Lower the ND, not raise it. You act like that is no big deal but by 2022 the INTEREST will be one TRILLION a year. I guess you can't process numbers that high. So all you have is to resort to sarcasm.
    I predicted before Trump took power that there were certain things that he had no control over. One of those was a ballooning debt. The others were securing the border and nixing abortion.

Those are the sacred cows of Progressivism.

And no Duchy, the sacred cow comment had nothing to do with Indian bigotry.

Thanks in advance.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:39
    @whodey said
    I predicted before Trump took power that there were certain things that he had no control over. One of those was a ballooning debt. The others were securing the border and nixing abortion.

Those are the sacred cows of Progressivism.

And no Duchy, the sacred cow comment had nothing to do with Indian bigotry.

Thanks in advance.
    Trump had "no control" over debt-funded tax cuts that he signed and promoted?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:44
    @kazetnagorra said
    Trump had "no control" over debt-funded tax cuts that he signed and promoted?
    I believed Trump would lower the debt about as much as I believed Ted Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK.

Not even Trump supporters believed that.

LOL.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 19:48
    @whodey said
    I believed Trump would lower the debt about as much as I believed Ted Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK.

Not even Trump supporters believed that.

LOL.
    Which one is it? Did Trump or did Trump not have control over the debt?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree