USW - Mondragon

USW - Mondragon

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
No, providing capital simply means the police won't stop the workers.
There is no logic to your position.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by quackquack
There is no logic to your position.
What do steel workers need paper money for? What will change in physical reality if they proceed without that paper money?

The government will stop them. That's what they need capital for, and that's all they need capital for, because paper money has no inherent value.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
22 Oct 11

Every issues will not be voted on. There will be some manager whose job it is to decide things. In the end nothing will be different.
In places which have direct worker management, there are no managers to decide things. I know that the 'rabble' deciding anything themselves without the guiding hand of 'god-like' managers is abhorrent to your philosophy, but it does happen. In places where the worker-owners elect a board of directors to handle the day-to-day running of the business, the power flows upward, not downward. The workers hire and fire the board, not the other way around. Your contention that an autocratic, command control style of management is inevitable is simply unfounded. A cooperative ethic is possible in a business setting. It has worked in the past and will become more the norm as we move forward into the future.

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by rwingett
In places which have direct worker management, there are no managers to decide things. I know that the 'rabble' deciding anything themselves without the guiding hand of 'god-like' managers is abhorrent to your philosophy, but it does happen. In places where the worker-owners elect a board of directors to handle the day-to-day running of the business, the po ...[text shortened]... It has worked in the past and will become more the norm as we move forward into the future.
Its ironic that in Wall Street and bank workers do often have equity -- they often get bonuses in stock or stock options -- yet you can't say enough bad things about them.

Nevertheless it seems extraordinarily doubtful that worker equity would be the trend. The reality is that the average workers in a factory is fairly uneducated and cannot make good management decisions. People who invest in a project will prefer it managed by someone who is educated rather than some high school drop out.

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
What do steel workers need paper money for? What will change in physical reality if they proceed without that paper money?

The government will stop them. That's what they need capital for, and that's all they need capital for, because paper money has no inherent value.
News flash: on this planet people buy things with paper money. People general receive the paper money as payment for working and before you get a job there must be some infrastructure. The infrastructure is provided by capital and people who provide the capital need to be compensated.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
22 Oct 11

Its ironic that in Wall Street and bank workers do often have equity -- they often get bonuses in stock or stock options -- yet you can't say enough bad things about them.

Nevertheless it seems extraordinarily doubtful that worker equity would be the trend. The reality is that the average workers in a factory is fairly uneducated and cannot make goo ...[text shortened]... roject will prefer it managed by someone who is educated rather than some high school drop out.
😴

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Oct 11

Nevertheless it seems extraordinarily doubtful that worker equity would be the trend. The reality is that the average workers in a factory is fairly uneducated and cannot make goo ...[text shortened]... roject will prefer it managed by someone who is educated rather than some high school drop out.
Jesus what next? Pretty soon people will want uneducated workers to be able to vote on which God Man will run the country; where will it end?

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

😴
Your inability to respond with words is taken as an admission that all of your points are invalid.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Oct 11

Your inability to respond with words is taken as an admission that all of your points are invalid.
Obviously he's just some stupid, uneducated worker unable to intelligently converse with a Randian sycophant of rich God Men. I bet he's a parasite, too.

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Obviously he's just some stupid, uneducated worker unable to intelligently converse with a Randian sycophant of rich God Men. I bet he's a parasite, too.
I'm not sure what God has to do with it and never speak of such fictional concepts.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Oct 11

I'm not sure what God has to do with it and never speak of such fictional concepts.
You have no need for God; you have the rich.

q

Moves
22 Oct 11

You have no need for God; you have the rich.
I have no need for fictional concepts justified by invisible beings.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
22 Oct 11

"Jesus what next? Pretty soon people will want uneducated workers to be able to vote on which God Man will run the country; where will it end?"

"Obviously he's just some stupid, uneducated worker unable to intelligently converse with a Randian sycophant of rich God Men. I bet he's a parasite, too."

"You have no need for God; you have the rich."
A wee bit melodramatic today no1. Maybe you should take a Midol.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Oct 11
1 edit

News flash: on this planet people buy things with paper money. People general receive the paper money as payment for working and before you get a job there must be some infrastructure. The infrastructure is provided by capital and people who provide the capital need to be compensated.
Yes, because the government will use force to make sure this happens.

This is the sort of thing that happens if you don't have paper money:

http://www.eirefirst.com/archive/unit_3.html

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
25 Oct 11

In places which have direct worker management, there are no managers to decide things. I know that the 'rabble' deciding anything themselves without the guiding hand of 'god-like' managers is abhorrent to your philosophy, but it does happen. In places where the worker-owners elect a board of directors to handle the day-to-day running of the business, the po ...[text shortened]... It has worked in the past and will become more the norm as we move forward into the future.
Do you know of a lot of ventures that are working and profitable in this way? Every one I've heard of is now belly up.