1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 02:56
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Its ironic that in Wall Street and bank workers do often have equity -- they often get bonuses in stock or stock options -- yet you can't say enough bad things about them.

Nevertheless it seems extraordinarily doubtful that worker equity would be the trend. The reality is that the average workers in a factory is fairly uneducated and cannot make goo ...[text shortened]... roject will prefer it managed by someone who is educated rather than some high school drop out.
    It is strange that when UAW workers bargain for "profit sharing" they never seem to participate in the loss side. That's a great deal, and probably a few smart executives have negotiated similar deals. Most of us have to take the downside if we want to participate in the upside.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 02:58
    Originally posted by quackquack
    News flash: on this planet people buy things with paper money. People general receive the paper money as payment for working and before you get a job there must be some infrastructure. The infrastructure is provided by capital and people who provide the capital need to be compensated.
    Never mind paper money, money substitutes like checks and bank notes are routinely used. How does ATY get paid? I'm betting it is with some kind of paper money or money substitute.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 12:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Do you know of a lot of ventures that are working and profitable in this way? Every one I've heard of is now belly up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worker_cooperatives

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree