1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 20:47
    @vivify said
    Because you conservatives won't listen to anything unless it comes from right-wing source.
    Rasmussen is a right wing source?? Bull

Why don't you get a lib source to back you up? talk is cheap. LINK it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 20:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You think he's black? How stupid ARE you?

Oh, nvm, you voted for Trump, question answered.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 20:52
    @suzianne said
    You think he's black? How stupid ARE you?

Oh, nvm, you voted for Trump, question answered.
    you think I'm white? how stupid are you
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 20:52
    @mott-the-hoople said
    how is an ID harder to obtain?

IDs are required for many things...including welfare, social security, even the recent stimulous payouts...are you saying that dumb dems didnt get that?
    Pssssst, your white privilege is showing.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 23:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Now we know the REAL story of the so-called d*E*M*o*c*r*A*t*S. They AREN'T!

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/22/poll-80-percent-of-americans-support-voter-id-laws/
    --------------------
    Poll: 80 Percent Of Americans Support Voter ID Laws
    JUNE 22, 2021 By Gabe Kaminsky
    [i]A new poll found that four in five Americans are in favor of people having to show a ...[text shortened]... er suppression" when all along, Repubs are suppressing CHEATING.

SCREW the Thugocrats. they suck.
    Rassmussen is a poor polling organization which uses outdated methods and is generally skewed right by 5-10% compared to other polls.

But most polls have generally shown support for voter ID laws and 36 States have them.

However, this is a red herring; right wingers bring up Voter ID laws whenever the subject of Republican backed voter suppression laws this year are brought up even though these laws have nothing to do with them. The provisions of these new laws are opposed to by voters:

"For instance, public opinion is strongly against perhaps the most controversial provision of Georgia’s new law: the prohibition on giving food or water to people waiting in line to vote. In a different, March 29 poll, YouGov found that only 18 percent of Americans thought handing out food and water should be illegal, while 69 percent thought it should be allowed.

Likewise, in the most recent YouGov/The Economist poll (conducted March 27-30), only 33 percent of Americans agreed with the part of Georgia’s new law that makes ballot drop boxes only accessible during early-voting hours. By contrast, 44 percent thought drop boxes should be open at all times. Drop boxes were also popular within Georgia itself. Back in January, a University of Georgia/Atlanta Journal-Constitution poll found that Georgia registered voters opposed banning them 59 percent to 37 percent. While the new law didn’t go that far, it did make them a lot less useful by mandating that they be located inside early-voting centers."

"One voting restriction that Georgia did not end up enacting was requiring voters to have an excuse in order to vote absentee. Politically, it seems to have been a wise choice to kill that: According to the UGA/AJC poll, Georgians opposed the proposal 55 percent to 43 percent. Nationally, YouGov/The Economist found a nation divided over whether anyone should be able to vote by mail (44 percent) or only people who are unable to vote in person (42 percent), but that poll is an outlier. Selzer/Grinnell found that Americans favor keeping laws that allow mail voting 56 percent to 34 percent, and Pew last year found that 65 percent of the country believed that voters should not need a documented reason to be allowed to vote early or absentee. That wasn’t just because of the pandemic, either: In Pew’s 2018 poll, that number was 71 percent."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-oppose-many-voting-restrictions-but-not-voter-id-laws/
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jun '21 23:351 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Now we know the REAL story of the so-called d*E*M*o*c*r*A*t*S. They AREN'T!

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/22/poll-80-percent-of-americans-support-voter-id-laws/
    --------------------
    Poll: 80 Percent Of Americans Support Voter ID Laws
    JUNE 22, 2021 By Gabe Kaminsky
    [i]A new poll found that four in five Americans are in favor of people having to show a ...[text shortened]... er suppression" when all along, Repubs are suppressing CHEATING.

SCREW the Thugocrats. they suck.
    Well it's good to see right wingers now supporting laws based on public opinion. Can we take that principle into the area of gun control?:

"Overall, several gun policy proposals continue to draw broad support from Americans. Nearly nine-in-ten (87% ) favor preventing people with mental illnesses from purchasing guns, while 81% favor subjecting private gun sales and sales at gun shows to background checks.

Smaller though still sizeable majorities of Americans support the creation of a federal database tracking all gun sales (66% ) and bans on high capacity magazines (64% ) and assault-style weapons (63% ).

Meanwhile, four policies aimed at easing gun restrictions – allowing people to carry concealed guns in more places, allowing K-12 teachers and school officials to carry guns in schools, shortening waiting periods for purchasing guns, and allowing people to carry concealed guns without a permit – all face more opposition than support in the public."

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/04/20/amid-a-series-of-mass-shootings-in-the-u-s-gun-policy-remains-deeply-divisive/
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 01:37
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Hey WHITE BOY, why don't you answer my charge that for instance, making it ILLEGAL to even pass a bottle of water to a voter in line is not suppression?

ANSWER ME THAT.

Or closing down all the voting places but ONE in a city of a million, OH SO COINCIDENTALLY a city with a large black population.

That is not voter suppression?

Again WHAT FUKKING PLANET ARE YOU FROM ANYWAY? IT SURE AS HELL ISN'T EARTH.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 02:23
    @no1marauder said
    Well it's good to see right wingers now supporting laws based on public opinion. Can we take that principle into the area of gun control?:

"Overall, several gun policy proposals continue to draw broad support from Americans. Nearly nine-in-ten (87% ) favor preventing people with mental illnesses from purchasing guns, while 81% favor subjecting private gun sales and sal ...[text shortened]... g/politics/2021/04/20/amid-a-series-of-mass-shootings-in-the-u-s-gun-policy-remains-deeply-divisive/
    Marauder.....common sense, please. If criminals want to carry guns , they will have guns on their person. Period. No matter the polls, or what you just wrote. Plz re-read this sentence.

So you write about whether we should carry guns. You know, since they have guns on their person, as stated above.

Setting aside those ever-lovin’ polls, ...hey Marauder, do you think it might be a good idea that we carry guns????? Marauder? Can you answer this? Without aping what links say? Sorry to get personal.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 02:24
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Hey WHITE BOY, why don't you answer my charge that for instance, making it ILLEGAL to even pass a bottle of water to a voter in line is not suppression?

ANSWER ME THAT.

Or closing down all the voting places but ONE in a city of a million, OH SO COINCIDENTALLY a city with a large black population.

I thought Earl is white. But does that make a difference?
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 04:47
    @vivify said
    Like I always say when this comes up, it's all in the motive.

If the motive was purely to have more secure elections, wanting IDs would be fine. But Republicans don't care about that, since they support a man who tried to overturn the election just because he lost.

Republican are motivated by the knowledge that IDs are harder for minorities to obtain, and that minorities tend to vote for Democrats.
    They dang sure come with ID when applying for welfare
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 06:231 edit
    @no1marauder - said

No, because gun rights are protected by the constitution and not subject to the whim of the voter. Same with slavery.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 06:28
    @no1marauder said
    Rassmussen is a poor polling organization which uses outdated methods and is generally skewed right by 5-10% compared to other polls.

But most polls have generally shown support for voter ID laws and 36 States have them.

However, this is a red herring; right wingers bring up Voter ID laws whenever the subject of Republican backed voter suppression laws this year are ...[text shortened]... ttps://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-oppose-many-voting-restrictions-but-not-voter-id-laws/
    You dance all around the subject matter.

Democrats are famous for cheating elections. Some of their tactics include dead people voting
    and illegal aliens voting. Getting Voter ID is a very wise thing to do in order to prevent these democrat measures.

ID's go a long way to prevent fraud. So why are Democrats so afraid of Voter ID but not requiring and ID
    to purchase liquor - which is "alcohol suppression"? But no, it is not alcohol suppression, it is done to prevent minors
    from purchasing alcohol. And we all KNOW this. Same with voter ID, it is done to prevent illegal voting.

Suffer the consequences, democrat.
  13. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 06:342 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

ANSWER ME THAT.

LOL, hey black boy,

Democrats are passing out water and food to people in line and bribing voters to vote democrat.
    But what the hell does this have to do with the price of tea in China, sonhouse?

Please pay attention to the subject matter. It is the democrat BIG WIGS suppressing the thrust to end voter CHEATING.

And whataboutisms are never a good tactic in a debate. All it shows is you are an empty suit
    trying to make chicken soup out of chicken s__t.

Have a nice day, BLACK BOY
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 06:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    I thought Earl is white. But does that make a difference?
    It does to a focking racist, yes.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 06:431 edit
    @kquinn909 said
    They dang sure come with ID when applying for welfare
    Yes, and I am waiting with bated breath for concerned democrats to break out in song about "welfare suppression".

Any day now! [yawn] 😴 😴 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree