Voter ID: 75%-80% of Americans Want It

Voter ID: 75%-80% of Americans Want It

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
24 Jun 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
Come on out of the 19th century.

Does all that thumping damage your Bible?
I do not expect you to believe the fetus being killed is not the mother's body. I did say everyone who has been educated.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Jun 21

@suzianne said
Misplaced priorities.

1. There was not enough "cheating" to change the outcome of a single state's election. This means that the actual incentive for these new laws is voter suppression.

2. Anyone (with a brain) can figure out that reducing the number of polling places in order to create long multi-hour wait times, and then refusing those waiting food and water ...[text shortened]... entive for these new laws is voter suppression.[/i]

What's so difficult to understand about this?
Like I told sonhouse, you are trying to change the playing field.

This is not about the charges that he or you make about letting people die of thirst waiting to vote.
That's another issue, another thread for another day.

how difficult is it for you issue dodgers to understand? This is about Democrats refusing to allow
voter ID in contrast to the sharp opinion of their own constituents to do so. And we all know why.
It's because power pig democrats are cheating with the dead person vote and the illegal alien vote.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said

This is not about the charges that he or you make about letting people die of thirst waiting to vote.

how difficult is it for you issue dodgers to understand? This is about Democrats refusing to allow
voter ID in contrast to the sharp opinion ...[text shortened]...
It's because power pig democrats are cheating with the dead person vote and the illegal alien vote.
You keep saying that, but that is demonstrably FALSE.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Jun 21

@suzianne said
Where does the Constitution deny citizens the right to vote?
The constitution is not necessary. Non US citizens voting is against the law, which is NOT unconstitutional.

Moves
24 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
The constitution is not necessary. Non US citizens voting is against the law, which is NOT unconstitutional.
WTH?

Moves
24 Jun 21

@suzianne said
You keep saying that, but that is demonstrably FALSE.
but you cant demonstrate it...right?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said

voter ID in contrast to the sharp opinion ...[text shortened]...
Present the evidence supporting such claims.

Republicans are closing voting precincts, slashing voting hours, lessening the time to apply for absentee ballots. And this is all in States with existing Voter Id laws. Therefore you are either incredibly misinformed or being dishonest in your wild, baseless accusations.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 21

@mott-the-hoople said
where does the constitution give non-citizens the right to vote?
No one said it did.

E

Moves
24 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
No one said it did.
You said that they had a voter ID requirement in Georgia. If you can vote without ID, then you do not have a voter ID requirement.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 21

@eladar said
You said that they had a voter ID requirement in Georgia. If you can vote without ID, then you do not have a voter ID requirement.
What I said was accurate.

As to States which don't require a photo ID ( which no State did before 2006), they have other procedures to ensure that people who aren't eligible don't vote; my State uses a signature match to one on file.

I know of no reliable evidence that non-citizens voted in any significant numbers.

E

Moves
24 Jun 21

@no1marauder
What you said was misleading. Closing the ID requirement loop hole for absentee voting simply makes your statement no longer misleading.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 21

@eladar said
@no1marauder
What you said was misleading. Closing the ID requirement loop hole for absentee voting simply makes your statement no longer misleading.
How could you require a photo ID for an absentee ballot?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Jun 21
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Present the evidence supporting such claims.

Republicans are closing voting precincts, slashing voting hours, lessening the time to apply for absentee ballots. And this is all in States with existing Voter Id laws. Therefore you are either incredibly misinformed or being dishonest in your wild, baseless accusations.
The first one that comes to mind is JFK v. Nixon, 1960.

Votes poured in for Kennedy in Chicago and Las Vegas, taking the electoral votes of Illinois and Nevada.
That swing in votes was enough to change the result of the presidential election.

putting the onus on YOU, No1
Show me cases where people were not able to get ID's

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
The first one that comes to mind is JFK v. Nixon, 1960.

Votes poured in for Kennedy in Chicago and Las Vegas, taking the electoral votes of Illinois and Nevada.
That swing in votes was enough to change the result of the presidential election.
You already presented an article which, in fact, concluded there was no real evidence supporting such a claim.

In actual fact, JFK could have lost both those States and he still would have had 273 EC votes, enough to win. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_presidential_election

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
24 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
You already presented an article which, in fact, concluded there was no real evidence supporting such a claim.

In actual fact, JFK could have lost both those States and he still would have had 273 EC votes, enough to win. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_presidential_election
Show me where people cannot get ID's if so required.

that's just a big lie that liberals keep repeating but never substantiate. SHOW ME.
Face the facts, Democrats have a gold mine in an "anybody can vote" system and they want it left that way