Was Karl Marx an evil man?

Was Karl Marx an evil man?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HG

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by rwingett
You're about the 50th person between the two Marx threads to crack the well traveled Groucho joke. We've all heard it a million times. Give it a rest.
Has to be a record, 50 people actually care about Marx!!

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Mar 10

You're about the 50th person between the two Marx threads to crack the well traveled Groucho joke. We've all heard it a million times. Give it a rest.
50th ? Care to name names ? I didn't think so.

GRANNY.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Mar 10
2 edits

Originally posted by smw6869
50th ? Care to name names ? I didn't think so.

GRANNY.
I stand corrected. Looking back I see that it was you making essentially the same joke back on page one. Everyone ignored you then, I fail to see why you thought you'd get big laughs the second time around. You need some new material or it's off to the gulag with you.

Edit: It was FabianFnas making the same lame joke in the other thread.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Mar 10

I stand corrected. Looking back I see that it was you making essentially the same joke back on page one. Everyone ignored you then, I fail to see why you thought you'd get big laughs the second time around. You need some new material or it's off to the gulag with you.

"Everyone ignored you "

Everyone except you......jit stick !

GRANNY.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Mar 10

"Everyone ignored you "

Everyone except you......jit stick !

GRANNY.
A selective quote on your part. I actually said, "Everyone ignored you then." I, too, ignored you the first time around. But enough is enough. If you feel you have license to regurgitate the same stale joke with impunity then you are sadly mistaken. 😠

silicon valley

Moves
01 Mar 10

A selective quote on your part. I actually said, "Everyone ignored you then." I, too, ignored you the first time around. But enough is enough. If you feel you have license to regurgitate the same stale joke with impunity then you are sadly mistaken. 😠
um, with one repeat, granny's got a long way to go before she reaches Stang-like proportions and gets banned.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Mar 10

Yes, but only you responded to my silly jokes. You're such a hero, really. You took it upon your heroic shoulders to insult me. I never, in this case, insulted anyone with my silliness. Not even your hero, Marx. If you take offence at such innocent jocularity you need to see a shrink. I know a good one. I shall continue to do what i please. If you are soooooooo upset simply report me to the mods you silly mung bucket. Sheesh ! Drink a lot ?

GRANNY.

silicon valley

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
Marx never proposed the "abolition of property".

Originally posted by no1marauder
My statement remains correct no matter how many times you repeat post cut and pastes.

Originally posted by adam warlock
What about reading Marx and Trotsky from the direct sources: http://www.marxists.org/

Have fun!
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/ch02.htm

MIA: Marxists: Marx & Engels: Library: 1848: Manifesto of the Communist Party: Chapter 2:

The distinguishing feature of Communism is not the abolition of property generally, but the abolition of bourgeois property. But modern bourgeois private property is the final and most complete expression of the system of producing and appropriating products, that is based on class antagonisms, on the exploitation of the many by the few.

In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Mar 10

Yes, but only you responded to my silly jokes. You're such a hero, really. You took it upon your heroic shoulders to insult me. I never, in this case, insulted anyone with my silliness. Not even your hero, Marx. If you take offence at such innocent jocularity you need to see a shrink. I know a good one. I shall continue to do what i please. If you are soooo ...[text shortened]... oo upset simply report me to the mods you silly mung bucket. Sheesh ! Drink a lot ?

GRANNY.
And by the way, Groucho Marx WAS a Marxist:

http://minniesboys.blogspot.com/2009/04/marxism.html

GRANNY.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
01 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by zeeblebot
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/ch02.htm

MIA: Marxists: Marx & Engels: Library: 1848: Manifesto of the Communist Party: Chapter 2:

The distinguishing feature of Communism is not the abolition of property generally, but the abolition of bourgeois property. But modern bourgeois private property is the final ...[text shortened]... f the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property.

Do you know the difference between the proposition of concept and the analysis of a given situation that allows for a concept to exist.

In everyday lingo: Marx didn't propose the abolition of property, he said that, according to his analysis of how societies evolve, in order for communism (the final stage of the evolution of human societies) to be achieved private property property has to be abolished. He isn't proposing anything he's stating the conditions that are necessary for communism to arise.

Kinda like me saying that for racism to exist there has to be the notion that some races are essentially inferior to others. I'm not advocating the notion that some races are inferior to others, I'm just stating that that notion is necessary for racism to come up.

Ok?

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
01 Mar 10

And by the way, Groucho Marx WAS a Marxist
Shame on him!

F

Moves
01 Mar 10
1 edit

Yes, it was. And it wasn't mine. I read it somewhere sometime.

But the serious part is this:
To know the core of the Marxism, we have to read "Das Kapital". Preferably in the original language. To discuss marxism without knowing the origin is like saying that Graucho was the best one of the marxist brothers.

Very few neonzists don't know what Hitler wrote in his "Mein Kampf". Yet they think they know everything about nazism and its ideology. I don't think they have no idea what Hitlers real ideology was. The "Mein Kampf" is a mess, hardly impossible to read.

"Das Kapital" on the other hand is much clearer. Perfectly to build a state upon. Which some tried. And failed.

LA

Moves
01 Mar 10

And by the way, Groucho Marx WAS a Marxist:

GRANNY.
Well he was zany enough to be so.

silicon valley

Moves
01 Mar 10

Do you know the difference between the proposition of concept and the analysis of a given situation that allows for a concept to exist.

In everyday lingo: Marx didn't propose the abolition of property, he said that, according to his analysis of how societies evolve, in order for communism (the final stage of the evolution of human societies) to be ac ...[text shortened]... ior to others, I'm just stating that that notion is necessary for racism to come up.

Ok?
if he advocates an outcome, and declares that in order to achieve the outcome a certain action needs to take place, he is also advocating the action.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Mar 10

In everyday lingo: Marx didn't propose the abolition of property, he said that, according to his analysis of how societies evolve, in order for communism (the final stage of the evolution of human societies) to be ac ...[text shortened]... ior to others, I'm just stating that that notion is necessary for racism to come up.

Ok?
Marx must have had a Phd in the obvious, yes ?

GRANNY.