1. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 03:191 edit
    @liljo said
    If I had any you could. That's a game I never got into. I found out I could throw a golf club further than I could hit a golf ball.

I can leave you a well-worn canoe!
    My canoe days and camping days ended a long time ago when I saw the movie "Deliverance"...

You can keep your canoe.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 03:51
    @very-musty said
    Exactly. 👍

I don't agree with left wingers though...

I'm more of an anti rich...one country one race kinda guy.
    So you are pro-ethnic-cleansing?
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 06:10
    @very-musty said
    Usually yes because the rich have the capital to create more companies.

Limit them to a max wealth of 30 million and the next guy steps up.
    @V-M: "... and the next guy steps up."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. with no capital to start a large venture. Got it!
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 06:14
    @very-musty said
    Create jobs.

Nobody needs more than 30 million.
    Once you hit that limit the REAL workers get the profits.

Thus...many people enjoy wealth...not just a few ugly dudes who had some capital to invest with.
    That's what the communists said, too. "Just steal it, we can supply a new manager to replace the owner."

How'd the Soviet Union work out? And look at the remarked innovations coming out of North Korea!
    I bet you'd love to be a donkey worker in that country, or Cuba. Work for PEANUTS.
    That's because meaningful production does not meaningfully exist.
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 06:221 edit
    Communists and hard leftists, please be aware that when the communists of NKorea took control of agriculture,
    they simply renamed the farms, "combines" and replaced the owners of the farms with "just workers".
    And today, the People's Combines can't grow enough food to feed a bag of squirrels.
    And of course, every industry in existence mimicked this as well so the country had no useful productivity.

Basically, leftists, you have no idea what you are talking about.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 08:49
    @no1marauder said
    Right wingers are such servile bootlickers.

The idea that the rest of us would be utterly helpless without the rich to rule over us economically and politically is ridiculous.
    And yet this is the standard belief in red states across the nation.

Yes, it's ridiculous, but be very glad you don't live in one of those backward thinking red states. In Arizona, they are re-floating the idea of a flat-tax again. They just might get enough popular support this time.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 12:19
    @suzianne said

Yes, it's ridiculous, but be very glad you don't live in one of those backward thinking red states. In Arizona, they are re-floating the idea of a flat-tax again. They just might get enough popular support this time.
    Flat tax has a LOT of support. Your man Bezos would have to pay!!!!
    As to greed, mentioned above somewhere, how about everyone give us their definition of greed. Obviously it will be different from the people who have money, and the people who don't have money. So, what is it?
    To me, it is the feeling that a person without money has when he envies someone who does have money. He somehow connects himself with the moneyed person and greed develops.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 13:03
    @earl-of-trumps said
    The captains of industry will supply the most jobs and lead in innovations, opening new markets, more jobs.
    Taking them out of the equation and thinking replacement people can do the same is both wrong and shortsighted.
    Communist countries thought they could steal all the businesses and "just replace the owners". How'd that work?

I think that there should be a cap on stupidity, myself.
    There are several examples of countries trying that and the results are total failure. Clearly these politicians who were after a shortcut method of having a rich and prosperous country, learned the hard way.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 13:141 edit
    @very-musty said
    Those "captains" are incorporating job cutting policies with automation so they make more money.

No damn company owner needs millions a year sitting on his ass.

I will outwork all of them.

It's greed really. They don't help people.
    You did any economics in college? You need to understand that all money go into one of two places, it is either on consumption goods or investment goods. Consumption is good as long as there are goods to buy. If consumption is greater than production then there is inflation. Investment is only generated by savings or the extra cash of the wealthy. Investment is what drives production, and from production you get finished goods that people can buy.

If you interfere with investment [money the rich are sitting on] and therefore production that leads to a fall in production. A poor or middle class or even upper middle class population alone will have difficulty generating enough investment and production. This is what EoT refers to as captains of industry. These captains are the ones who invest in hundred million $$$ projects that are essential for generating production. The government alone cannot undertake all of these projects even if you talking from the rich. You need both the money and the expertise of the wealthy. Why? The wealthy is a driven, motivated, must succeed. This is high-end entrepreneurship does not exist in poor countries.

Discouraging wealth is a road to failure, If you think that is the road to a successful economy then lets see some examples of economies that tired it and it worked.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 13:221 edit
    @shavixmir said

Do you think people choose to live in dire poverty?
    Yes, is the simple answer.
    Some choose this willingly and rely on the social net for their survival.
    Some do it indirectly by making mistakes which they know will lead to poverty eg having large families, refusing education and training, spending foolishly and wasting money.
    Some again admittedly have no choice ie no fault of theirs.. bad luck or fate, who knows.
    The point is many have choices, and some dont.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 13:331 edit
    @very-musty said
    No restructuring needed.

Once you make 30 million you're done.

Don't like that? Don't try then.

Somebody else will go after that 30 million.
    You need to have a definition of what $30M means. When you read a a rich man having $2,000M, that is not cash. Those are shares in his companies, shares in other companies, pension funds, investments in banks and trusts, property and buildings and a whole lot of assets. Some of these people can become penniless overnight if the right events take place. So it is a very complex thing to determine how and where you are going to calculate that $30M
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 13:471 edit
    @suzianne said

I TOTALLY support a flat tax.
    It is not, however, a "liberal" idea. Liberals have long argued that a flat tax favors "the rich" (as defined by them, of course) and actually hurts the lower income folks.

I'm pretty radical in that I believe they should stop taxing my INCOME, and tax SPENDING. Give me the pay I earn, and I'll spend a lot more on goods and services. Tax me there. People that are on lower incomes could then save a little money by simply not spending as much as others. They'd get to keep all the money they make, and only pay taxes on groceries, etc.

I am thankful, oh so thankful, that I don't live in a suppressive, domineering blue state that thinks the government should be able to control what size drink I buy at McDonalds.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 14:19
    @rajk999 said
    You did any economics in college? You need to understand that all money go into one of two places, it is either on consumption goods or investment goods. Consumption is good as long as there are goods to buy. If consumption is greater than production then there is inflation. Investment is only generated by savings or the extra cash of the wealthy. Investment is what drives pr ...[text shortened]... e road to a successful economy then lets see some examples of economies that tired it and it worked.
    Thankyou for this, no one ever listens to me. What is curious to me is that the liberals, for want of burying the rich people, will lose the war. If they could only see what you are saying, they would realize to let the Rich be what they want to be and make all the money they make as long as they create the tremendous prosperity in this country. The liberals hate Rich just like they hate Donald Trump,, pulling out all stops. They don’t think it through.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 14:21
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @V-M: "... and the next guy steps up."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. with no capital to start a large venture. Got it!
    I told yall about Musty. Entertaining though.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Jun '21 14:23
    @rajk999 said
    You need to have a definition of what $30M means. When you read a a rich man having $2,000M, that is not cash. Those are shares in his companies, shares in other companies, pension funds, investments in banks and trusts, property and buildings and a whole lot of assets. Some of these people can become penniless overnight if the right events take place. So it is a very complex thing to determine how and where you are going to calculate that $30M
    And thanks for this. They are rich ‘on paper’. Libs think that Jeff Bezos literally has 200 billion in a safe in his house.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree