1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:11
    OK its an old story now, but what do you make of it? I was so pleased when i heard could not believe it.

Will this spread? or is washington unusually liberal in the US?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:13
    The answer to both questions is "yes".
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:20
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The answer to both questions is "yes".
    where to next? what about finland KN?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:26
    Originally posted by e4chris
    where to next? what about finland KN?
    I doubt it. Most things are done pretty well here, but drug laws are retarded as hell with no sign of improvement.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:37
    I doubt it. Most things are done pretty well here, but drug laws are retarded as hell with no sign of improvement.
    just like the UK, we have a black market al capone would be proud off though
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:58
    OK its an old story now, but what do you make of it? I was so pleased when i heard could not believe it.

Will this spread? or is washington unusually liberal in the US?
    Legal weed is a trend in the western US. Arizona, Colorado and Oregon (and maybe others I'm not thinking of) have also legalized marijuana to one extent or another.
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 17:03
    Originally posted by sh76
    Legal weed is a trend in the western US. Arizona, Colorado and Oregon (and maybe others I'm not thinking of) have also legalized marijuana to one extent or another.
    I didn't know about Arizona, are they heading towards having coffee shops? openly legal? as opposed to you being technically allowed to grow it, like spain?
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 17:22
    Originally posted by sh76
    Michigan passed a Medical marijuana law, which has holes big enough in it to drive a semi full of chronic. Last November, by ballot initiative, the city of Detroit gave a green light to recreational marijuana, eliminating all penalties for use of possession of small quantities, I think under and ounce.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:10
    I didn't know about Arizona, are they heading towards having coffee shops? openly legal? as opposed to you being technically allowed to grow it, like spain?
    Cannabis is not legal in the Netherlands.
  10. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 03:282 edits
    I hear they have changed the laws with tourists, but i don't believe it.

Its cool that America is leading the way now, I know medical cannabis is quite widespread, but there is a gap between that and legalising personal use, Is California moving towards that now, is one following the other?

In the UK the conservatives muted at the election that they might let local councils decide, I think they knew they could not afford to catagorically say no, but have said nothing since. I was looking up supermarkets and sainsburys turnover is £21 billion, I'm not sure weed is worth quite that (it could be) but it is like loosing a supermarkets worth of money to the economy.
  11. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 04:18
    If they do stop british tourists smoking they will regret it, after a year of drunken stag doos they will change their minds!
  12. Germany
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 15:59
    Cannabis was never legal in the Netherlands. Stopping tourists from purchasing weed was a proposal of the previous government, which fell. From what I understand the new plan is to leave it up to city councils whether they want to stop tourists from buying weed. Cities like Amsterdam have already said they will not do so.
  13. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:08
    Cannabis was never legal in the Netherlands. Stopping tourists from purchasing weed was a proposal of the previous government, which fell. From what I understand the new plan is to leave it up to city councils whether they want to stop tourists from buying weed. Cities like Amsterdam have already said they will not do so.
    I thought that was an urban myth! so you can still go to amsterdam and buy weed, even tho its not legal offcourse
  14. Germany
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:13
    I thought that was an urban myth! so you can still go to amsterdam and buy weed, even tho its not legal offcourse
    Yeah. But you have to do some research if you want to buy weed outside of the main cities. Especially in religious areas, city councils often do not allow coffee shops.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 18:36
    California in the city has collectives where you can buy marijuana and often lounges where you can smoke it. You can often smoke a joint openly on the street. Collectives are everywhere but you need a formal written recommendation from an MD which are easy to get. Many doctors do that as their primary business and advertise openly on billboards.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree