1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 23:06
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Suppose the limit were twelve cartridges. They use the twelve bullets and then rearm them themselves, they are still limited to twelve cartridges.
    I have handguns which have up to 17 round capacity, and rifles with 30. I carried a semi auto handgun for self defense, which had 14-1 capacity. You have an unrealistic presumption that defense is always going to be against a single attacker. I had robbery attempts, where as many as four people attempted to rob me. I never had to shoot anyone, but I certainly was glad I didn't have a six shooter.

And this totally ignores the the Militia side of keeping and bearing arms.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 23:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The difficulty with this is that virtually anything can be used as a weapon. They were talking about banning kitchen knives with points in this country a little while ago, happily that idea seems to have been shelved. You can kill someone with a screwdriver, an ashtray, a car, any number of things. Banning all weapons is impossible since you'd have to ...[text shortened]... e the same gun crime problem. Possibly posters might want to give their opinion on why that is.
    Call it racist, but statistically, urban blacks are the largest offenders with guns. Ignoring stats is racist toward the many urban blacks who are the primary victims of those armed thugs.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://gma.yahoo.com/young-couple-blamed-massacre-san-bernardino-131010439--abc-news-topstories.html#

The gunman in California did not purchase the assault weapons.

So what gun control laws would have stopped this?

Today police in San Bernardino said that Farook did not appear to have a criminal record prior to the attack. The four weapons used in t ...[text shortened]... What more do they need, espeically since the gunman had no record and no mental health issues.
    Yes, we know whodey...if we has 400 million guns in circulation in America instead of the 300 million that we have now, we'd be even safer...right???🙄🙄🙄🙄
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 17:38
    Originally posted by bill718
    Yes, we know whodey...if we has 400 million guns in circulation in America instead of the 300 million that we have now, we'd be even safer...right???🙄🙄🙄🙄
    If only the super rich and the government had access to guns, then we'd be safe, safe on our Manor.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 18:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    The gunman in California did not purchase the assault weapons.

So what gun control laws would have stopped this?
    1. Making assault weapons illegal.
    2. Charging whoever did give them the assault weapons.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 18:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    1. Making assault weapons illegal.
    2. Charging whoever did give them the assault weapons.
    Define "assault weapons".

In the USA we generally define such weapons as being fully automatic.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:041 edit
    We already have enough gun control laws. Maybe it is the enforcement of those laws that is the problem. Statistics show there has been a steady decrease in crime rates since 1990.

To prevent Islamic terrorists attacks, perhaps stricter laws on vetting and profiling Muslims is one of the answers.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We already have enough gun control laws. Maybe it is the enforcement of those laws that is the problem. Statistics show there has been a steady decrease in crime rates since 1990.

To prevent Islamic terrorists attacks, perhaps stricter laws on vetting and profiling Muslims is one of the answers.
    How should we prevent Planned Parenthood shootings and school shootings?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:333 edits
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Instead of complaining, why don't you tell me
    (1) what type of weapons (if any) do you believe people should or should not be able to purchase?
    (2) are there any restriction on who can purchase the these weapons?
    As soon as you use a gun in a crime, you are gone forever, streamline death sentences,
    for crimes done with deadly weapons!
    As soon as you commit a crime without a gun but a deadly weapon, your gone forever!
    As soon as sell gun or buy guns illegally 10 years.
    Build prison somewhere like the Arizona desert or Alaska, and make them very big and brutal.
    They fill no releases, build another.
    Guns are not the issue, it is the people who would use them against others for illegal
    purposes. Disarming the law bidding only gives those that would do harm the upper hand
    with fire power.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:35

12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:37
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I don't care what they were afraid of, if you do those things you would only do them one
    time, get rid of the repeat offenders, that will cut down on a lot of it.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:401 edit
    Personally the only thing I think those two were afraid of would be an American
    administration that cares more about its own country than some PC touchy feely
    boarder security.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 20:45

15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '15 21:01
    I promise you, and I believe science would back me up on this with NO PROBLEM, if you
    end someone's sorry life that committed a crime with a gun, they will never do it again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree