What is a Loan?

What is a Loan?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
09 Dec 22

If I borrow money but am not required to pay it back,,,,,,was it a loan? What was it?
"Money that was borrowed and expected to be paid back". That has been the definition. This is why the libs will win in the end, because they simply change the definition of things. This is NATURAL for them, like their oatmeal each morning. It is what they do.
I mention this, because I hope some lawyer will say this to SCOTUS when the case comes up, no matter which side he is on. It was a loan then, but not being paid back, it is not a loan now.? I think that if the judges rule in favor of the losers, that they should at least grace us with a new definition of the word......."Loan".

👌

Moves
09 Dec 22
1 edit

@AverageJoe1

Well Joe...is it so different than bankruptcy and not paying your debts?

Also look at the bright side. If the loans are forgiven the government won't hand out loans anymore because they know they won't be paid.

Is it just interest forgiven or the whole amount?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
09 Dec 22

@averagejoe1 said
If I borrow money but am not required to pay it back,,,,,,was it a loan? What was it?
"Money that was borrowed and expected to be paid back". That has been the definition. This is why the libs will win in the end, because they simply change the definition of things. This is NATURAL for them, like their oatmeal each morning. It is what they do.
I mention this ...[text shortened]... or of the losers, that they should at least grace us with a new definition of the word......."Loan".
So narrow minded.
Education should be free and available to all.
Even you.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
09 Dec 22

@shavixmir said
So narrow minded.
Even you.
For it to be free, people must give freely, without coercion. Why do I get the idea when you say 'free' you mean exactly the opposite?

👌

Moves
09 Dec 22

He means someone should pay for his free stuff.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
09 Dec 22

@booger said
He means someone should pay for his free stuff.
I correct No1 on this occasionally, he says it a lot less now that I rapped his knuckles with the metaphorical ruler a few times. He's revised it to; 'free at the point of uptake' or some such BS, which when we run it through a translator comes out, no surprises, as; 'not free'.

👌

Moves
09 Dec 22
1 edit

@shavixmir said
So narrow minded.
Even you.
Remember back in the day when a high school graduate was above the other workers and got better jobs?

Then the college graduate got preference over the high school graduate?

What happens when everyone has the same free education?
You would have millions upon millions of people schooled but never hired for what they studied for because everyone has the same level of education and you severely limit your odds of being chosen for the job.

Society needs different levels of wealth and intelligence in order to function.
If everyone went to college and became Phd's who is going to clean the toilets?

Also, who is going to pay for this magical free education?

m

Moves
09 Dec 22

@averagejoe1 said
I mention this ...[text shortened]... or of the losers, that they should at least grace us with a new definition of the word......."Loan".
Yet when Trump files for bankruptcy 4 times so he doesn't have to pay what he owes, you call it a good business practice.
Yup !!

MB

Moves
09 Dec 22

@booger said
Remember back in the day when a high school graduate was above the other workers and got better jobs?

You would have millions upon millions of people schooled but never hired for what they studied for because everyone has the same level of edu ...[text shortened]... d's who is going to clean the toilets?

Cuba manages to pay for free education and they are a 3rd world country. Maybe it is because they do not spend insane amounts of money on weapons and war. Here is an unoriginal idea. Lets stop spending so much on weapons and war.

Scared to Debt: America's Student Loan Scam

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10146316/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

👌

Moves
09 Dec 22

@Metal-Brain

Cuba is a poverty stricken crap bucket.
What good does their free education do?

I'll go look that up and see how the quality of life is over there...brb.

👌

Moves
09 Dec 22
2 edits

@Metal-Brain

Healthcare and education in Cuba are provided by the communist state, making teachers and doctors government employees. Since they are subject to government wages, they are paid in the Cuban peso. This means that Cuba's doctors make around $50 a month.Jun 6, 2020

Sounds fantastic!

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/healthcare-in-cuba/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 22

@Booger
I wonder who you were in your last incarnation here at RHP. But you would never say would you?

Lake Como

Moves
09 Dec 22

@booger said
@AverageJoe1

Well Joe...is it so different than bankruptcy and not paying your debts?

Also look at the bright side. If the loans are forgiven the government won't hand out loans anymore because they know they won't be paid.

Is it just interest forgiven or the whole amount?
The simple answer is that economists and legislators who were smarter than we are pored over bankruptcy laws for decades and came up with what we have, to stave off REAL problems if people and entities were left by the wayside with total loss, with no way out. Their resulting devices of bankruptcy keep economy and freedom alive. (dems know nothing of economy, nor of freedom).

The same good, reasonable, sane, thoughtful logic does not apply to allowing someone to not pay back a loan. One here says that it puts more money back into the system. Not quite the same as bankruptcy laws. The elements, which have to be approved in bankruptcy court, are just not there for a guy who borrows to go to college, maybe flunks out or doesn't use his degree.
Think about the 'elements' if you ponder this.

Lake Como

Moves
09 Dec 22

@metal-brain said
Cuba manages to pay for free education and they are a 3rd world country. Maybe it is because they do not spend insane amounts of money on weapons and war. Here is an unoriginal idea. Lets stop spending so much on weapons and war.

Scared to Debt: America's Student Loan Scam

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10146316/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
Cuba? Jesus, MB.

Lake Como

Moves
09 Dec 22

@booger said

You would have millions upon millions of people schooled but never hired for what they studied for because everyone has the same level of edu ...[text shortened]... d's who is going to clean the toilets?

Tell that to our marxists who want everyone exactly equal. Everyone in Cuba gets a $35 stipend each month,,,that's it.
Goodness, who will roof my house, while I am off to a doctor for my heart transplant?