1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 10:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nations "talk" to each other with their actions [can't find the quote from the Cuban Missile Crisis movie, but you know what I mean]. Surely the U.S. could not possibly wage war on Iran right now or even for years to come? So what is the second swing by of the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln "saying"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17027768
    I think the boat is saying: "You better hurry up with those nuclear weapons Iran, because if you don't, you're goin' down..."
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 10:57
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I couldn't disagree more. President Obama, like President Clinton, will go down in history as a true American hero, and having the core principle of improving quality of life for American families.

Moreover, the unsupported personal attacks against Clinton, Bush, and Obama have never made sense to me.
    Clinton deserved every bit of criticism he received. An employee at McDonald's couldn't have done what he did and kept his job.
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 11:51
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Clinton deserved every bit of criticism he received. An employee at McDonald's couldn't have done what he did and kept his job.
    What, they sack McDonald's employees for lying about having affairs?
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 12:02
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Its called perjury and obstruction of justice what he did.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 12:26
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Its called perjury and obstruction of justice what he did.
    He was acquitted though, wasn't he, at the end of his impeachment trial?
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 14:14
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I've personally known McDonald's employees who were caught in the act at work (eww). They didn't get to keep their jobs.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 14:20
    I've personally known McDonald's employees who were caught in the act at work (eww).
    Clinton was far more discreet then.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 15:13
    I've personally known McDonald's employees who were caught in the act at work (eww). They didn't get to keep their jobs.
    They were probably sacked under a hygene at work law, whereas clinton was clearly being attacked for his personal moral conduct, show me a married man who would not lie in those circumstances and I'll show you an idiot.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 03:52
    I couldn't disagree more. President Obama, like President Clinton, will go down in history as a true American hero, and having the core principle of improving quality of life for American families.

Moreover, the unsupported personal attacks against Clinton, Bush, and Obama have never made sense to me.
    If he's such a hero, why did he capitulate on extending the Bush tax cuts?
  10. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 06:36
    They are on a not so top
    secret mission to eliminate this subhuman Iranian known to be living somewhere in the strait.

YouTube

GRANNY.
  11. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 07:17
    Iran Worried U.S. Might Be Building 8,500th Nuclear Weapon
    TEHRAN—Amidst mounting geopolitical tensions, Iranian officials said Wednesday they were increasingly concerned about the United States of America's uranium-enrichment program, fearing the Western nation may soon be capable of producing its 8,500th nuclear weapon. "Our intelligence estimates ...[text shortened]... .S. providing weapons and resources to a rogue third-party state such as Israel.
    Funny, but also accurately states the case.

Iran does nothing wrong by building nuclear capability for reactors or weapons. Other nations are free to try to convince them to do otherwise which may or may not be successful.

But no nation can force another nation to do something it does not wish to do EXCEPT when that nation is violating the human rights of its own citizens or actively interfering with the rights of another nation. (NB. If a democratic UN were in place, then nations could also be forced if they violated a UN resolution. But we don't have that yet.)

Any nation that attacks Iran for building nuclear capability will be clearly, utterly, absolutely and unarguably in the wrong. As an American I find it horrifying to think that any of my countrymen, especially our elected politicians, could express the remotest support for such an action. It is critical to hear under what principle they think such an action is warranted.

We are compounding the irrationality that was built up over Iraq. Instead of saying we were invading Iraq to depose a dictator (right!), we said we were invading Iraq to neutralize WMDs (wrong!) Iran is a repressive police state, but if we have an issue with that, then that should be our issue -- not building nuclear capability which many nations have done without repercussions.
  12. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 12:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Clearly not. Billions of people know what he did with Monica in the oval office.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 13:23
    Clearly not. Billions of people know what he did with Monica in the oval office.
    Not because someone walked in on them in the workplace as in the McDonald's case you mentioned. Perhaps you do not know the story of how his relationship with Lewinsky came to light.
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 13:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    A lot of office workers have been asked to "put your monica on this " .
    Bill Clinton took it to another form !😲😲
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 10:12
    Originally posted by phil3000
    A lot of office workers have been asked to "put your monica on this " .
    Bill Clinton took it to another form !😲😲
    Wielding your John Hancock hardly constitutes taking it to another form, does it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree