1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 01:21
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]That's what you get for talking to economists

Indeed, we should be consulting crystal balls and witch doctors instead.

The recession started on January 20, 1981 and it has been going ever since.

Are you trying to be the Left's response to whodey?[/b]
    My spelling is much better than Whodey's.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    My spelling is much better than Whodey's.
    Yes, I suppose that must count for something. 😀
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 13:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    Specifically, when do you think the recession will end and why?
    Do you mean 'when will Americans start getting paid what they used to in the good old days?'
    Never. The rest of the world is now educated and skilled enough that they can do the jobs Americans used to charge a premium for doing.

Do you mean 'when will the banks go back to lending me money to pay of the debt I incurred borrowing money to pay off the debt I incurred .... whilst living of some of the borrowings and using as collateral a house whose value is inflated way beyond its true value'?
    I'm sure banks will do that again some time, but people, need a bit of time to forget their mistakes.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 15:54
    It's just brutal. Will this recession ever end? If so, when?

Why things are so bad now I just read today that Exxon Mobile had to lay off 25 Congressmen. Then I read that a truck full of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico. I know, I know, stop reading the right winged lies Whodey. But then to top it all off, I got a check returned from the bank ...[text shortened]... t all exited and asked if I could drive a truck.

I can't take it anymore I tell ya!!! 😠
    The economy will not improve until the housing market improves.

Isn't that what all the economists used to tell us? If that was an accurate statement we will be waiting a while since the housing market shows no signs of recovery anytime soon.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 15:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Perhaps you, and not Obama, are responsible for your own personal happiness.
    Obama, save us!! :'(
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:02
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Hang on a second, are you actually suggesting Progressives are not the root of the world's (and his) problems?

That is blasphemy in whodey's books.
    Well the progressives have been at the helm for some time now, so why not be accountable for their failures? Of course, if it were not for "W" and the Tea Party and capitalism we would have no problems, but I think that is only common senes.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:03
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    The economy will not improve until the housing market improves.

Isn't that what all the economists used to tell us? If that was an accurate statement we will be waiting a while since the housing market shows no signs of recovery anytime soon.
    I look at the economy as a downward spiral. There will not be much if any improvement.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 16:26
    <==== employed
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 17:131 edit
    I guess as soon as we vanquish the Tea Party jobs will return and the economy will improve and wars will cease, but do you think we can acheive this in 2012?

Specifically, when do you think the recession will end and why?
    When we bring down our debt levels, both with the govt. and our own.

Laying the blame entirely at the government's doorstep is convienient yet is a personal denial. Too many of us went all in during our fun credit/debt party.

As for the Tea Party, these people didn't suddenly appear from outer space, the Tea Party simply was a medium to bring them all together.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 17:27
    The only reason we had a credit/debt party is because that's how the wealthy decided to give us revenue. They didn't want to pay us wages; they wanted to make money off the populace.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 18:42
    It's just brutal. Will this recession ever end? If so, when?

Why things are so bad now I just read today that Exxon Mobile had to lay off 25 Congressmen. Then I read that a truck full of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico. I know, I know, stop reading the right winged lies Whodey. But then to top it all off, I got a check returned from the bank ...[text shortened]... t all exited and asked if I could drive a truck.

I can't take it anymore I tell ya!!! 😠
    When more Republicans have been voted out of Congress.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:25
    I look at the economy as a downward spiral. There will not be much if any improvement.
    Nice, something of a secular equivalent of "total depravity".
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:29
    Well the progressives have been at the helm for some time now, so why not be accountable for their failures? Of course, if it were not for "W" and the Tea Party and capitalism we would have no problems, but I think that is only common senes.
    Well, Obama has been President for what, less than 4 years, and following 8 years of Republican rule whose combination of tax cuts and deregulation was responsible for the very recession you deplore.

How exactly is it the progressives' fault?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:411 edit
    8 years of Republican Rule?

Yeah, right.

We've had two years of Obama Rule.

Presidents can only rule if they have both the House and Senate.

The mess with GW was a result of GW with a Democrat Congress. GW was pretty progressive.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    8 years of Republican Rule?

Yeah, right.

We've had two years of Obama Rule.

Presidents can only rule if they have both the House and Senate.

The mess with GW was a result of GW with a Democrat Congress. GW was pretty progressive.
    GW was pretty progressive.

There is nothing more "progressive" than tax cuts for corporate jet owners, is there? 🙄

edit- is that a No True Conservative fallacy approaching on the horizon?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree