1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 03:415 edits
    It's just brutal. Will this recession ever end? If so, when?

Why things are so bad now I just read today that Exxon Mobile had to lay off 25 Congressmen. Then I read that a truck full of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico. I know, I know, stop reading the right winged lies Whodey. But then to top it all off, I got a check returned from the bank marked "insufficient funds". When I inquired they said it was not me, it was them.

After all that, I got to thinking about the wars abroad, and high rates of unemployment and a government hell bent on destroying itself fiscally as I watch my retirement savings erode away daily, so I called a suicide hotline. Come to find out, all the jobs had been outsourced to Pakistan!! As a result, the first guy I could not even understand, so they had to put me through to another. Then when I told him about thoughts of suicide, he seemed to get all exited and asked if I could drive a truck.

I can't take it anymore I tell ya!!! 😠
  2. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 04:36
    Why is this ever so clever quip in the debates forum? Are you wanting people to debate your poor stand-up comedy routine?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 10:59
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Why is this ever so clever quip in the debates forum? Are you wanting people to debate your poor stand-up comedy routine?
    Whodey can't hear us not laughing.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:16
    I thought it was kind of funny. The recession ends when whodey votes Democrat. It's all up to you my friend.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:48
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I thought it was kind of funny. The recession ends when whodey votes Democrat. It's all up to you my friend.
    I guess as soon as we vanquish the Tea Party jobs will return and the economy will improve and wars will cease, but do you think we can acheive this in 2012?

Specifically, when do you think the recession will end and why?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    I guess as soon as we vanquish the Tea Party jobs will return and the economy will improve and wars will cease, but do you think we can acheive this in 2012?

Specifically, when do you think the recession will end and why?
    What recession?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What recession?
    You don't get out much do you?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 12:04
    The Dutch economy is not in recession. Neither is the US economy. Do you know what "recession" means?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 12:05
    The Dutch economy is not in recession. Neither is the US economy. Do you know what "recession" means?
    Ok then, so this is as good as it gets?

All I need is a rope and a ladder.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 12:17
    Ok then, so this is as good as it gets?

All I need is a rope and a ladder.
    Perhaps you, and not Obama, are responsible for your own personal happiness.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 23:07
    When we reel in our size of government, and people elect someone the have trust in...... the streets will be full of excited people screaming at the top of their lungs,, THANK GOD he is gone.....
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 23:381 edit
    Strong opinions and ignorance are a bad combination, whodey. A recession is defined as decline of GDP for two consecutive quarters. The recession was over almost two years ago, give or take.

The real question you're asking is when the pace of the recovery will pickup beyond its current snail pace.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:01
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Strong opinions and ignorance are a bad combination, whodey. A recession is defined as decline of GDP for two consecutive quarters. The recession was over almost two years ago, give or take.

The real question you're asking is when the pace of the recovery will pickup beyond its current snail pace.
    That's what you get for talking to economists. As though their computations have any relation to reality.

The recession started on January 20, 1981 and it has been going ever since.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:391 edit
    Perhaps you, and not Obama, are responsible for your own personal happiness.
    Hang on a second, are you actually suggesting Progressives are not the root of the world's (and his) problems?

That is blasphemy in whodey's books.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    That's what you get for talking to economists. As though their computations have any relation to reality.

That's what you get for talking to economists

Indeed, we should be consulting crystal balls and witch doctors instead.

Are you trying to be the Left's response to whodey?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree