1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 22:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    8 years of Republican Rule?

Yeah, right.

We've had two years of Obama Rule.

Presidents can only rule if they have both the House and Senate.

The mess with GW was a result of GW with a Democrat Congress. GW was pretty progressive.
    In his just over two years, Obama has seen the deficit and debt run up more than during GWB's 8 year run.

Good noticing that it is the combination of the President and Congress which spends the money. Nobody and no party has been very disciplined about controlling spending.
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 23:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    That's what you get for talking to economists. As though their computations have any relation to reality.

The recession started on January 20, 1981 and it has been going ever since.
    Learn who Jimmy Carter was.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 02:19
    I'm watching something happening here that is kind of confusing. I walk the neighborhood daily, and there are foreclosures everywhere, yet there is a new subdivision being built up the hill, and homes are selling like crazy.. people are buying what they want with these low interest rates, and passing on what has to be great deals on the foreclosures.. is that smart?
    I should buy a foreclosure, if I thought I could put up with renters for awhile..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree