2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 19:46
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "Where are the Tory boys hiding?"
    --Proper Knob

They apparently prefer to stay in hiding rather than concede that they were wrong about anything.

"As for PKs post, I didn't see it at the time and I don't give toss about it anyway."
    --Divegeester (23 June 2017)
    Psst, Labour lost.

(Don't tell Diane Abbott).
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 19:51
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

To be fair he annulled his credibility forever more when he uttered the words 'I read an article in The Sun today'. Game over.
    Your credibility was annulled sir when you finally mastered the keyboard.

P.S I read most of the papers. (You know, to get a balanced view of the news).
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 22:152 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Your credibility was annulled sir when you finally mastered the keyboard.

P.S I read most of the papers. (You know, to get a balanced view of the news).
    Where did anyone get the idea that reading more than one newspaper would achieve a balanced overview of the news?

I chatted to my local newsagent for many years. He worked through as many of the papers as he could each day and emerged from the process confused and depressed - and often a little scared. He would share with me some of the wild conspiracy theories he had developed from his reading and shake his head when I offered a different interpretation. I am convinced he got more confused the more he read and I strongly recommended he stop reading them. I offer you the same advice.

Unless you bring critical thinking and wider knowledge to your reading, I am afraid the collective wisdom of the not very diverse newspapers will not help. If you can achieve critical thinking and wider knowledge, then you will appreciate with sorrow that you are better off without those newspapers.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 07:16
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Where did anyone get the idea that reading more than one newspaper would achieve a balanced overview of the news?

I chatted to my local newsagent for many years. He worked through as many of the papers as he could each day and emerged from the process confused and depressed - and often a little scared. He would share with me some of the wild conspir ...[text shortened]... nowledge, then you will appreciate with sorrow that you are better off without those newspapers.
    Appreciate the advice sir, but am not at all confused, depressed or scared by reading many newspapers. I am however, as a consequence, well informed about what is going on in the world.

Would you have tendered the same advice when I was doing my studies, and rather than studying a plethora of world religions, to instead just focus on one of them,...so as to avoid becoming confused, depressed and scared?

And take Freaky for example (please, take him). I'd be surprised if he read more than one paper, but that didn't stop him from developing 'wild conspiracy theories.'
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 07:22
    Psst, Labour lost.

Psst
    The Conservatives got less than 50% of the vote.
    If UKIP were credible and the Right vote was split Labour would be in. 🙂

May can only lose votes and many of the disillusioned who didn't vote will be voting Labour next time.

When is the next Election? November?
  7. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 13:401 edit
    Psst, Labour lost.

The Tories won but actually lost in a big way.Look what a shambles you have to try and manage now.Some papers are already tipping Bonkers Boris to PM in a short time.
    Labour lost but actually won.
  8. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 13:43
    Appreciate the advice sir, but am not at all confused, depressed or scared by reading many newspapers. I am however, as a consequence, well informed about what is going on in the world.

Would you have tendered the same advice when I was doing my studies, and rather than studying a plethora of world religions, to instead just focus on one of them,. ...[text shortened]... e read more than one paper, but that didn't stop him from developing 'wild conspiracy theories.'
    If you haven't read a book that Finn recommends then you are basically uneducated and know nothing about what you are talking about.
  9. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 13:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Psst

May can only lose votes and many of the disillusioned who didn't vote will be voting Labour next time.

Is that a prediction? Care to start a thread in it and nail your colours to the mast? Unlike most of the other lefties here who bottled it last time there was a prediction challenge, but now seem thrilled to be 'correct' post mortem.

Jeremy has predicted he'll be PM by the end of the year; so you're predicting the same?
  10. Stargazing
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 13:48
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Psst

Is that a bone-fide prediction? Care to start a thread in it and nail your colours to the mast? Unlike most of the other lefties here who bottled it last time there was a prediction challenge, but now seem thrilled to be 'correct' post mortem.

Jeremy has predicted he'll be PM by the end of the year; so you're predicting the same?
  11. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 14:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is that a bone-fide prediction? Care to start a thread in it and nail your colours to the mast? Unlike most of the other lefties here who bottled it last time there was a prediction challenge, but now seem thrilled to be 'correct' post mortem.

Russ said not to waste paper by writing the same rubbish twice.Thank you.
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 14:35
    London estate agents are today claiming the London property market is extremely buoyant after a 60-year-old woman paid £1bn for a terraced property with an SW1A postcode.

With many buyers around the capital waiting to see the impact of Brexit on property prices before making unnecessary house moves, the £1bn purchase of 10 Downing Street has left many estate agents predicting a bumper summer of commissions.

http://newsthump.com/2017/06/26/london-estate-agents-insist-market-is-booming-after-woman-pays-1bn-for-house-on-downing-street/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 15:21
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    The Tories won but actually lost in a big way.Look what a shambles you have to try and manage now.Some papers are already tipping Bonkers Boris to PM in a short time.
    Labour lost but actually won.
    The Tories won, but lost seats. Labour gained seats, but lost.

Gaining seats doesn't equate as winning.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 19:02
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke to Biffo Konker
    The Tories won, but lost seats. Labour gained seats, but lost.
    Gaining seats doesn't equate as winning.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Rising

The British won an expected military victory in crushing the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland.
    But what the British did was a political defeat in the longer run.

"These killings, and the British response to them, helped sway Irish public opinion against the British."
    --Wikipedia
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 19:43
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Rising

The British won an expected military victory in crushing the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland.
    But what the British did was a political defeat in the longer run.

"These killings, and the British response to them, helped sway Irish public opinion against the British."
    --Wikipedia
    🙄