1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:22
    Now the election result is in. Lets's take look back at some of the 'insights' and 'predictions' from our Tory voting brethren here at RHP, and basically laugh at them. They seem to have all lost their tongue. Let's start with this zinger from divegeester -

On the other hand May's leadership so far has been astute, assured, measured, firm and strategic in perspective; steering her ship though some of the trickiest seas in a western political climate of hysteria and naysayery the likes of which we've not seen in several lifetimes I don't doubt.

Your description of Corbyn's efforts in opposition as "slow and cautious" are generous in the extreme and this election will highlight how his antiquated philosophies have brought his party to its knees. He's a strong character and seasoned political tracker who knows how to hold onto the top job in his party but has absolutely no idea what to do with it. The Labour Party have 2 years to reinvent themselves, find some leaders who can do more than nod their heads to a dead ideology and then 3 years to launch a serious opposition to the Tories, because by then we will certainly be starting to need it.

Comedy Gold. I'm still undecided as to whether its as funny as your 'Islam is the religion of Satan' schtick or not.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:33
    Not disputing your point that Tory rethoric is ludicrous, but on the issue of where the Tories are: in the Commons. And all around the UK, where they're still the largest party and the largest part of the population. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; at least it's not as bad as it could've been.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:41
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Not disputing your point that Tory rethoric is ludicrous, but on the issue of where the Tories are: in the Commons. And all around the UK, where they're still the largest party and the largest part of the population. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; at least it's not as bad as it could've been.
    At least they'll have to make deals with the DUP; the absolute moderates of hate and stupidity.

Damn... life is funny.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:48
    No need to apologise, i'm well aware of the situation.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 16:51
    Ghost of a Duke -

Conservatives 418
    Labour 121
    Liberal Democrats 35
    Scottish Nationalists 52
    UKIP 0
    Greens 0

To be fair he annulled his credibility forever more when he uttered the words 'I read an article in The Sun today'. Game over.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 17:243 edits
    Some gems from Rank Outsider -

Which is why putting Jeremy Corbyn in charge will be so damaging. If Labour had replaced Ed Milliband with Yvette Cooper, then at worst I expect you would have seen the Tories retain a small majority.

and

This puts the Tories at around 45% without even breaking sweat. That will almost always deliver a very large majority, and most likely a landslide. Given a Labour leader that is perceived as not being up to the job, a Shadow Chancellor parading around in front of pictures of Stalin, and a Shadow Home Secretary who cannot get basic facts right, you also have an omnishambles opposition who don't seem to appreciate that own goals count for the other side. The election is going to be very bloody.

You are correct in that the election will get bloody, for the Tories. Theresa May is now walking round like a lame duck with cross-hairs on her back. No doubt the plotting has already begun as the Tories like nothing more than a good bloodbath over Europe. In the meantime we can laugh at her whilst she hangs out with former terrorist, gay hating creationists. Not ideal, but the satire will be strong.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 21:371 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 21:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It is a very common tactic on these boards, D64

Wouldn't you agree?

I have some interesting examples of my own
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:16
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Let's start with this zinger from divegeester....
    At the time I posted that is exactly how May's leadership was progressing; I notice you didn't have the courage or foresight to challenge me on it at the time I posted it.

May has made a mess of her election campaign and disaffected large portions of the electorate with her apparent inability to connect to people in a crisis. She will probably lose the premiership within a year because of it. As I said to duchess64, I'm not a Tory, I'm a floating voter who has voted labour more often than I've voted Tory. However there is no way Corbyn would get my vote; if the party had a more centrist leader with a realistic economic manifesto I would certainly consider voting for them.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 03:173 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I still don't.

Edit: we can come back to your challenge about honesty another time huh Nick.😉
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 12:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    At the time I posted that is exactly how May's leadership was progressing; I notice you didn't have the courage or foresight to challenge me on it at the time I posted it.

May has made a mess of her election campaign and disaffected large portions of the electorate with her apparent inability to connect to people in a crisis. She will probably lose t ...[text shortened]... centrist leader with a realistic economic manifesto I would certainly consider voting for them.
    I challenged all the tory wannabees.
    Surely?

Well, truth be told, I was too busy laughing at Trump and Brexit to remember it at all.
  12. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 13:061 edit
    Not disputing your point that Tory rethoric is ludicrous, but on the issue of where the Tories are: in the Commons. And all around the UK, where they're still the largest party and the largest part of the population
    In context that's a 2.3 percentile lead and 800,000 votes.

Couple of by-election defeats and the Tories are toast. Labour can just slipstream behind the government's chaotic negotiations and arc into power within two years, DUP or no DUP. And best of all, their pathetic gerrymandering boundary changes will not be passed by Parliament, so Labour has excellent chances of forming the next government, fair and square. This is an election the Tories had to win big or lose, and they've done the exact opposite, forming a ramshackle government without a serious imprimatur: they now have to clear up the mess they've created, as in 1992, but they have to do it without a majority, and with a resurgent PLP harrying them at every turn.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 19:10
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    In context that's a 2.3 percentile lead and 800,000 votes.

Couple of by-election defeats and the Tories are toast. Labour can just slipstream behind the government's chaotic negotiations and arc into power within two years, DUP or no DUP. And best of all, their pathetic gerrymandering boundary changes will not be passed by Parliament, so Labour has excel ...[text shortened]... but they have to do it without a majority, and with a resurgent PLP harrying them at every turn.
    Recent analysis suggest the boundary changes will no longer assure the Tories of victory. They may need to revisit this plan.
  14. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    24 Jun '17 19:28
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Recent analysis suggest the boundary changes will no longer assure the Tories of victory. They may need to revisit this plan.
    Yes, they'd love to, but the DUP is opposed as Sinn Fein would gain seats at their expense. That's another huge favour Theresa May has done Labour - if she'd carried on for her full term she'd have no doubt pushed these changes through before a general election in 2020. No chance now. Only thing holding her up is the pensioner vote - the Tories are now the party of welfare claimants, since virtually all the working-age groups voted Labour.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 00:12
    YouTube

Treeza Mayhem and the Holy Grail

Gotta chuckle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree