1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 13:45
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I hear the whining... but I don’t see the questions being answered.

Is that because the answers don’t fit the agenda?
    Did you purposely call yourself out?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 13:54
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Well, if you go back, you'll notice I've answered the question. And posed a few of my own.

Oh. You're not interested. Well, thanks for your input then. Scuttle back to your den and leave the big people alone.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 14:00
    CHECKMATE!!!
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    CHECKMATE!!!
    Are you suggesting rich lobby groups and lobby groups for the rich don’t have more say in government policy that the normal voter?

Are there more or less people living in poverty in the US now than in the 90’s, 70’s, 50’s?

Can someone without money become an elected representative in the Senate?

If so, how many elected senators come from families who lived below the poverty line? That, I believe is 1/7th of the US population.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 14:25
    Well, if you go back, you'll notice I've answered the question. And posed a few of my own.

Oh. You're not interested. Well, thanks for your input then. Scuttle back to your den and leave the big people alone.
    I saw your claims and answered them.
    Refrain from insults and keep focused on the conversation to see if something can be learned.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 14:30
    I saw your claims and answered them.
    Refrain from insults and keep focused on the conversation to see if something can be learned.
    You didn’t answer one of my questions.

Stop telling porky pies.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 14:41
    Are you suggesting rich lobby groups and lobby groups for the rich don’t have more say in government policy that the normal voter?

Are there more or less people living in poverty in the US now than in the 90’s, 70’s, 50’s?

If so, how many elected senators come from families who lived below the poverty line? That, I believe is 1/7th of the US population.
    "Can someone without money become an elected representative in the Senate? "

HRC did.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 15:16

No.

Did you purposely leave out two decades in your tortured scenario?
    According to the US Census Bureau--- which is working strictly off of estimates and excessively small sample groups with which to draw conclusions--- the number of people living in what they describe as poverty has been steadily declining in recent years.
    But that's not really the story.
    Datum can be skewed any number of ways, often with little to no thought given to self-determinism and/or quality of life.
    If a person's conscious desire is against consumerism--- something you have relentlessly, even mercilessly railed against for quite some time--- by refusing to chase after money, instead focusing their efforts on the affirmations provided by a simple life, is the USCB really allowed to label them as impoverished?
    I say no.

Of course.
    Money is absolutely part of the voodoo, but, as we've seen repeatedly, the one so inclined certainly doesn't need their own.

What possible difference does that make?
    It matters not what their socio-economic background was, since the issue is what they become.
    Less to begin with, simply more of a contrast--- and likely even more of their malevolence once in positions of power.
    More to begin with is fine, too.
    What they receive once there is beyond their wildest dreams, and none walk away empty-handed.
    In fact, with very, very, very rare exceptions, none walk away, period.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 19:04
    I find it curious that there is such an outcry of the rich having such an influence in government when the rich have such an influence outside of government. It's almost as if the left wishes to deny reality and pretend that they can create another separate world where the rich don't have influence and power.

Moreover, it appears curious to me that they all seem eager to make the 1% even smaller, perhaps to the point of making us all peasants ruled over by a king. I would think that making more people rich would be the key to expanding their power and influence in government, and that the society with the most wealthy citizens would then become the most democratic.

Instead, they seem to only want a small oligarchy of rich bureaucrats who are super duper qualified, more so than the average citizen ever could be to be able to be a competent replacement.
  10. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 20:143 edits
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I find it curious that there is such an outcry of the rich having such an influence in government when the rich have such an influence outside of government. It's almost as if the left wishes to deny reality and pretend that they can create another separate world where the rich don't have influence and power.

Moreover, it appears curious to me that they ...[text shortened]... lified, more so than the average citizen ever could be to be able to be a competent replacement.
    Moreover, it appears curious to me that they all seem eager to make the 1% even smaller,

No Whodey, we're trying to make the 1% bigger, it's the 1% that's making it increasingly difficult for hard working people to get there.

Your "curiosity" is out in La La Land. 🙄
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 20:21
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Moreover, it appears curious to me that they all seem eager to make the 1% even smaller,

No Whodey, we're trying to make the 1% bigger, it's the 1% that's making it increasingly difficult for anyone to get there. Your "curiosity" is out in La La Land. 🙄
    well if you make it bigger it wont be 1%...head scratcher
  12. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    well if you make it bigger it wont be 1%...head scratcher
    OK Skippy, I'll rephrase so it's simpler for you. We're trying to make the number of wealthy people who work hard in America bigger. I could make this a little easier for you to understand, but I left my puppets and crayons in a box upstairs. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree