1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 23:16
    I've often wondered where the line is drawn between the righteous citizen and the evil 1%?

At what monetary value does one become the 1%?

For the Marxist, at what monetary value does the proletariat end and the bourgeoisie begin?

And where does George Soros fit in all this?
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Feb '18 23:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I've often wondered where the line is drawn between the righteous citizen and the evil 1%?

For the Marxist, at what monetary value does the proletariat end and the bourgeoisie begin?

Call me crazy but I think folks like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Henry Ford, etc., all made my life really a lot better. They were like a blessing to us.

I hate to be THAT guy who points out the basic, basic truth about what Capitalism and the elites ahve given us... But that's the case.

Sure, some fo these elites are theoretically wastrels who have done some bad but...

... I'll trade third world dictatorship, starvation, and collective farms for smartphones where I occasionally read about the horrible news of decadent billionaires any day of the week. To do otherwise is illogical.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 00:15
    The 1% is not who the MSM has you thinking it is...

https://capitalresearch.org/article/party-one-percent/
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 01:385 edits

Whodey - This has nothing to do with drawing lines, it has to do with wealthy people purchasing political power and using that power to pass laws beneficial to only them. It has to do with rich people able to afford better quality legal representation and healthcare than everyone else. It has to do with rich people enriching themselves further by exploiting the working class. It has to do with rich people operating in the grey, murky world of offshore shell companies, streams of income from no traceable source, and teams of lawyers they hire to manipulate our laws to avoid paying their fair share in taxes.

This is too complicated for you, isn't it Whody? In your eyes rich people are angels of heaven who walk on water, and the working class is simply a large mass of jealous malcontents that never work and all want "free stuff", and anyone who question the wisdom of the rich is a "Marxist" It must be nice to live in your simple little bumper sticker soundbite world.🙄
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 02:18
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Whodey - This has nothing to do with drawing lines, it has to do with wealthy people purchasing political power and using that power to pass laws beneficial to only them. It has to do with rich people able to afford better quality legal representation and healthcare than everyone else. It has to do with rich people enriching themselves further by exploiting ...[text shortened]... is a "Marxist" It must be nice to live in your simple little bumper sticker soundbite world.🙄
    Ouch.

I don't know what's worse: the gross oversimplification or the nearly complete inaccuracy of the otherwise unsupported generalities.

That it is suggested that those in power will pass laws which only benefit themselves--- and by inference--- hurts or at least serves no benefit to others with less power is a one-dimemsional self-serving lie.

It is as dishonestly naïve a suggestion as the inherent nobility of the poor.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 02:22
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Ouch.

I don't know what's worse: the gross oversimplification or the nearly complete inaccuracy of the otherwise unsupported generalities.

That it is suggested that those in power will pass laws which only benefit themselves--- and by inference--- hurts or at least serves no benefit to others with less power is a one-dimemsional self-serving lie.

Ouch - I'm so very sorry the truth hurts! 😲
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 03:20
    Whodey - This has nothing to do with drawing lines, it has to do with wealthy people purchasing political power and using that power to pass laws beneficial to only them. It has to do with rich people able to afford better quality legal representation and healthcare than everyone else. It has to do with rich people enriching themselves further by exploiting ...[text shortened]... is a "Marxist" It must be nice to live in your simple little bumper sticker soundbite world.🙄
    But you make it sound so simple when you complain about the 1%.

Are you suggesting that you have misled people with such simplicity?
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 03:39
    Yes, and it is also about the growing gap between the uber rich and the decrease in upward economic mobility in the United States.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 04:10
    Originally posted by @phranny
    Yes, and it is also about the growing gap between the uber rich and the decrease in upward economic mobility in the United States.
    Ok, where is the line to be drawn to become "uber"?
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 05:21
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Ouch.

Are you suggesting rich lobby groups and lobby groups for the rich don’t have more say in government policy that the normal voter?

Are there more or less people living in poverty in the US now than in the 90’s, 70’s, 50’s?

Can someone without money become an elected representative in the Senate?

If so, how many elected senators come from families who lived below the poverty line? That, I believe is 1/7th of the US population.
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 09:52
    But you make it sound so simple when you complain about the 1%.

No Whodey, I'm suggesting you go back and read again what I wrote, and consider that it's the plain truth.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 09:55
    Ok, where is the line to be drawn to become "uber"?
    If you really think there is a hard line anywhere, or that 'the left' pretends there is, you are even more stupid.d. than you look.

If you don't think that, asking for one means you're even more dishonest.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 12:40
    Ouch - I'm so very sorry the truth hurts! 😲
    Reality and truth contradict the fantastic prism of this heinous perspective.
    I'll give you and shav how there def are some clearly malevolent powerful people completely intent on manipulating the less powerful and thereby hurting them whilst progressing their own benefits--- the soulless criminal George Soros comes to mind immediately--- but even in their twisted and poisoned minds, they are convinced they're doing what they're doing for other's own good.

And such a immature and wholly unsophisticated view has no answer for folks such as Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, both of whom are working tirelessly to alleviate some of the pitfalls of the human condition.

Contrast what they're doing with the actions of Soros.
    One side looks to solve problems (right, wrong or neutral) while the other looks to make problems in order to stir and steer toward their vision of utopia.
    One, benevolent.
    Other, malevolent.

The world contains both.

Those in between, who think the game ends here, are the ones causing most of the problem.
    Unaccustomed to wealth, power, they get a taste and their greed takes over, so they will game the system in order to both maintain and increase their position.
    Formally, they're known as politicians.
    Here, the ratio is heavily weighted in the direction of socio- and psychopathic people.
    However, they don't come to the dance with any of the necessary fodder for their manipulative cannons.
    They show up and we lavish it all on them.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 12:46
    Well said McHill 🙂
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 13:21
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Are you suggesting rich lobby groups and lobby groups for the rich don’t have more say in government policy that the normal voter?

Are there more or less people living in poverty in the US now than in the 90’s, 70’s, 50’s?

Can someone without money become an elected representative in the Senate?

If so, how many elected senators come from families who lived below the poverty line? That, I believe is 1/7th of the US population.
    I hear the whining... but I don’t see the questions being answered.

Is that because the answers don’t fit the agenda?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree